Decrypt of other people's projects - good or bad?

Started by Agckuu Coceg, April 21, 2010, 05:24:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Agckuu Coceg

April 22, 2010, 03:38:10 am #20 Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 03:45:52 am by Agckuu Coceg
I'm talking about than talking so long ...

If I had a good base of resources for "Frankenspriting" (sorry, I slightly understand the meaning of the word), then I can work better. So I use other people's resources for their work. The end justifies the means.

P.S. I really do not have time, and I use everything possible. When you live alone and you need to do everything at once, it's called full employment, and not laziness.  ;)
I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

winkio

I agree with what you are saying about using other people's resources as a base for your own work.  However, you still have to get permission.  People have a reason to encrypt things, although often times, they won't mind if you use their resources.  It's extremely rude to just decrypt a project without asking.

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: winkio on April 22, 2010, 04:35:11 am
I agree with what you are saying about using other people's resources as a base for your own work.  However, you still have to get permission.  People have a reason to encrypt things, although often times, they won't mind if you use their resources.  It's extremely rude to just decrypt a project without asking.

Exactly.
By the way, who among us have already rated DRGSS? Finally appeared at least some opportunity to weed out the thieves of resources.

legacyblade

There are plenty of easily found applications. Even most of the n00bs can find them with ease :P I have one, but only for recovery of my project.

And frankenspriting is when you take parts of one sprite, and add parts of another to it (or add your own parts). That is completely acceptable, so long as you have permission to use the sprites.

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: legacyblade on April 22, 2010, 11:30:28 am
There are plenty of easily found applications. Even most of the n00bs can find them with ease :P I have one, but only for recovery of my project.

And frankenspriting is when you take parts of one sprite, and add parts of another to it (or add your own parts). That is completely acceptable, so long as you have permission to use the sprites.

Yes, I work in that style. In addition to the coloring.

I agree, stupid foolish people, than you know. I quite an honest person in relation to the works. And if I use the work of the people I know, I naturally, I warn them (the truth, I by itself did not use the resources of other people today moment, my base is made up of free resources).