Blizzard Script Development Pack

Started by Blizzard, April 21, 2010, 11:37:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Since I have retired, I have promised that I will upload all my scripts in one big package including all the additional stuff that I used while working with those scripts. Most scripts and demos are available already here at CP, but some of these things here were never released to to public before. RMX-OS is not among those because there are still a few things that I want to finish before I give it out. I will upload a new version of this when I'm done with RMX-OS.

Bitmap2Code DevPack:

It includes the source and some test files that I used while coding this.

BlizzABS DevPack:

This pack includes my current versions of CoSLAL and Star G. (even though the Star G. version is not different from the one that is available here at the forum).
It has the C# source for the Blizz-ABS Configuration application and the uncompiled HTML source of the Blizz-ABS manual both as Visual Studio 2008 Projects in a common Visual Studio 2008 Solution. I used HTML Workshop to compile the Blizz-ABS manual into a CHM file and the HTML Workshop project files are also included.
It also includes prepared launchers for CoSLAL E.X.A. Edition and Star G..

DREAM DevPack:

It includes the source and some old versions of some scripts which I tested. DREAM itself isn't so complicated, it's rather an obfuscator and alternate serializer than an actual encryptor. But the again, that is the definition of a decryptor.

Tons of Add-ons DevPack:

Have you ever noticed that there is no demo for Tons of Add-ons? Well, this is my personal "demo", a project that I used to test and develop it.

I trust you to carry on my legacy.

Download
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aqua

*obligatory post of praising awesomeness*
:)

ForeverZer0

Thanks for the pack, and I'd like to thank you personally for all the work you've done with RMXP.
I know much of my own scripting knowledge came from tearing apart your scripts, reading your tuts, etc.
I'm sure many others learned the same way.
You will be missed.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

Nice organization!  We'll see what happens after Blizz-ABS 3.0, I might work a bit on things like the ATES if they aren't done by then.

Ravenith

Although I'm pretty much a nobody in the rmxp community, I feel I have to say you, Blizzard, never fail to impress me. Not so much with your scripting - I can barely judge that - but with your actions. You've been one of the most productive, praised and still levelheaded people of the community. Best of luck with your life, friend.

Blizzard

Thanks, guys.

@winkio: I sincerely hope so. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I found the SDK in there D: :V
(It was just for testing obviously right? D: :V)

Anyways nice blizzard. I'll have to fully look at it later.

Blizzard

Yeah, the Blizz-ABS project has SDK in there to demonstrate that Blizz-ABS can handle SDK.

Daxisheart

Good damn  job man, you deserve it.
"Oh hey look godless stuff": ShowHide
What is really, really interesting is that while Abrahamic Christians give so much importance to their own free will, by their very definition of their God they deprive Him of free will.
The concept that He is not human and thus not derive the same morals as us really does not work. If his idea of morality, good or evil, is beyond us, is beyond our comprehension, why should we care? If he judges that not saving a woman from being raped a murdered a moral decision, then we should still trust him?
god i am such an atheist asshole.

I am on such a coolkid atheist rampage this week.

Jragyn

I feel like delving into anything of that download would be like, defiling sacred grounds...lol.

Hey blizz, seeing as you are finished with rmXP, whats next? If I may know.
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Blizzard

I work for Cateia Games so I'll keep working for them for a while. xD

Juan

Download 7 type so you can it's free and open source.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Ryex

Quote from: Juan on May 08, 2010, 11:37:15 pm
Download 7 type so you can it's free and open source.

you mean 7zip?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Juan

@Ryex whoops lol. @Earthnight http://www.7-zip.org/ if you don't want bother I could upload it for you.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

SBR*

Nobody on this forum probably knows me, but still, Blizzard, I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart. All you have done on RMXP is perfect, you've made so many scripts, you've made so many tutorials, you've done so many things for us, and by doing that, you have helped me and others alot. You are my role model for scripting, and, although I'll probably never become as good as you, I'll try to work towards that!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! You're a good person (based on your deeds. I don't know you in RL anyway, so I could be really wrong :P.)

-SBR*

ForeverZer0

WinRAR also works...
I personally use 7zip. I like it better...
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

WhiteRose

Quote from: LinkyBoy15 on June 26, 2010, 09:52:00 pm
Blizz I don't know if it's just me or what, but If i put the mouse controller script under rmx-os, I get like 10 errors. If i put it above it, then it works just fine. Im using these scripts only:
Rmx-os (in one class)
Blizz Abs 1,2,3
Mouse Controller
Rmx-os Blizz Abs Controller
Rmx-os Main

I'm just telling you because on the list mouse controller is under rmx-os blizz abs controller.

Spoiler: ShowHide

This is not the topic you are looking for.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html

Milo

OMG blizzard. I cant believe i came to this forum soo late. wat the ef. seriously man. Thanks for all the scripts blizz.

Blizzard

I'll put a final version up once I'm done with RMX-OS.

SquareMan

Quote from: Blizzard on August 15, 2010, 04:08:20 pm
I'll put a final version up once I'm done with RMX-OS.

so you mean your still working on a script, even tho your retired?
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

Blizzard

No, I am not working on it. Before I retired I wanted to finish 2 more things related to RMX-OS (finishe the documentation fix the bugs in the Blizz-ABS Controller) and since I realized I would do that nowhere soon, I decided to retire and leave that be for now. At one point I will do those two things and just put them up and that's it.

MeVII

Blizzard:

You are the reason I joined the Chaos Project community.
       It will clearly be less of a thing without you.
       All the best to you and yours.

MeVII

The Niche

Apologies for the necropost, but hey, it's sticked! ANyway, Blizz, I love you and all but WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU CALL IT SCRIPT DEVELOPMENT KIT?!?! *downloads anyway, wishing it would be called SDK*
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Blizzard

Because it isn't one. This is basically all my scripts put together, not an SDK.

The Niche

I know, but it seriously would've been priceless! Eh, it doesn't matter. I shall now go to work with your legacy.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

[Luke]

Niche, that's a really great idea to have something with acronyme "SDK" that's actually helpful with RMXP. Imagine the moment when a dialog can occur:
"- I wonder if it would be helpful to use SDK.
- Yeah, probably, that's a great pack.
- But there are many people talking about disadvantages...
- Are you kidding? It's BLIZZARD, it has no disadvantages - just some gaps that you have to fill with your own extensions if you wish.
- What? Blizzard made the SDK?
- Yeah, of course.
- But they say it makes big errors and call it Self Destruction Kit...
- Errrr... What are you talking about?
- I... whoa, I get it, you mean his Script Development Pack, right?
- Well... I recall the old name, of course, but what did you mean?
- Ummm... Just another SDK.
- There was another one? Another pack of scripts?
- No, it's a scripting tool. Something, let's say, like MACL.
- So what does it do?
- It was intended to help the script compatibility, but it's not perfect.
- You mean it wasn't finished?
- It kinda was. It just can cause trouble... sometimes.
- So why did people use it?
- You know... I have no idea. I'm gonna think about it"
:)

Blizzard

G_G

Can someone upload to sendspace. Everything with the word download in it is blocked.

Blizzard

I have updated the the rar file since there have been changes and updates in several scripts.

Blizzard

This time I added the Lagless Path Finder and removed ATES since Thallion will continue development on it. And this obviously includes other script updates.