[XP] Blacksmith System (New Configuration Program!)

Started by ForeverZer0, April 21, 2010, 04:50:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Siffers

Quote from: KK20 on January 02, 2014, 03:10:25 pm
I know this was a long time ago, and I'm sorry for not getting to it sooner. I guess people just stopped talking about it for a while and I forgot about the bugs.

I fixed a lot of graphical and functional bugs.

http://pastebin.com/AFrMCa2f

Looking for feedback and any more things that should be added/fixed.

Glad someone decided to pick this one back it, it's a really amazing script!

So I tossed the script back into my game and ended up with an error.
Made a fresh game with no scripts or changes to make sure it wasn't just an issue with my game.
Still got the error, so I thought I would post it here.

It happens when attempting to call the shop using
w = [1]
a = []
i = [1,2]
$scene = Scene_BlackSmith.new(w,a,i)

NameError occurred while running script.
uninitialized constant Interpreter::Scene_BlackSmith

ForeverZer0

There is some error in the config program that outputs the name of the class with a different capitalization. I don't think I have the source files anymore, haven't really looked. All you need to do is as LiTTleDRAgo pointed out, and change the "S" in the word.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Siffers

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on March 03, 2014, 01:08:58 pm
There is some error in the config program that outputs the name of the class with a different capitalization. I don't think I have the source files anymore, haven't really looked. All you need to do is as LiTTleDRAgo pointed out, and change the "S" in the word.

Oh, haha well that was a simple fix!
Thank you both for the quick reply  :xD:

StorocnekXx

Heyho. :)

First of all, thank you for this great script!
Since I'd really like to use it, I'd like to ask if there is the possibility and the person who wants to do so to modify the script, that is has some kind of delayed crafting (and Lvl system).
What I'm talking about is this:
If I want to create Item1 in the forge, by using the items and paying stuff like usual, I want the player to be unable to create more things unless a certain play-time has passed. Something like a little progress bar is shown if the smithting script at exactly that smithing point, if the players opens it. That means, different forges can worke side by side, and if forge1 creates item1, forge2 can be used as normal and so on.
Maybe, at the same time it's possible to create a smithing level. Creating an Item/Weappon/Armor gives smithing-experience. If the smithing experience increases, the player gains smithing-lvls. The higher this lvl, the lower the costs of crafting, the higher the money gotten from extracting, the faster the progressing-time passes over and the better items can be crafted.
The lvl-part is not the most important thing though, but something like tha delayed-progress (see above) would really help me out a lot. :)
Thank you for reading this!
I may have a lot of ideas to use, but I have no idea how to use them.

edmondedi

Uhm, i have a problem with the script, because i'm using Bliz ABS in the same priject, and it always gives me an error message.
What should i do? Or this script is not compatibile with the Blizz ABS?  :???:

KK20

How about posting what the error message is so we can determine if it is a compatibility issue or not.
I do believe that the Enhancement part of this script is not compatible (though I think that's not too hard to fix without a little tinkering).

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Sin86

January 17, 2018, 11:26:36 pm #147 Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:32:47 am by Sin86
I already have the script but in order to learn from it, I need the demo and the configuration tool and I do not have those. Anybody still have the demo and configuration tool? Links no longer work.

Also, found a crash if you try to create an armor smith.

Script Blacksmith shop line 349:ArgumentError occurred

Comparison of Fixnum with nil failed

Now the lines may vary but this is with KK20's version, the most fixed version completely unedited so it should be at line 349. It happens if the code looks like this.

w = [1]
a = [1]
$scene = Scene_Blacksmith.new(w, a)

Again, this is only if I have a = whatever as well as the a after the blacksmith.new part. The w aspect is fine though.

KK20

Again, as I tell everyone, PM ForeverZer0 to see if he can reupload his dropbox links. That was seriously such a stupid move on their part that I'll never understand.

As for the error, you need to configure the gold prices for armor.

def self.armor_gold(id)
    return case id
    when 1 then []
    when 2 then []
    when 3 then []
    when 4 then []
    when 5 then []
    else
      [0, 0]
    end
  end

You're not the first to report this either. I'll create some dummy values so people can stop reporting this.

Other Projects

Sin86

November 11, 2018, 10:40:05 pm #149 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 10:54:11 pm by Sin86
Thanks for the help. Sorry that I'm months late. Anyway, I'm trying to figure this other part out.

I have a shop that is set to use weapons 1 and 3 and armor 1

w = [3,4]
a = [1]
i = 5
$scene = Scene_Blacksmith.new(w, a, i)

Shop opens up normally, but then it still allows me to extract, which I'm trying to disable. I look in the instructions and it says to use these with true/false values.

[CAN_FORGE?, CAN_EXTRACT?, CAN_ENCHANT?]

However, if I use:

w = [3,4]
a = [1]
$scene = Scene_Blacksmith.new(w, a)
[CAN_EXTRACT? = false]

I get an error. Now, I guess I am doing it wrong but the instructions are not giving me examples of how it should be done.

Wait, never mind, I found out how it is done. It has to be like this:

Quotew = [3,4]
a = [1]
i = [5]
l = [true, false, false]
$scene=Scene_Blacksmith.new(w,a,i,l)

the newguy

Drak

Hello!
I can't use this script. When I call it into the map, I receive a warning saying: unitialized constant interpreter, Scene_BlackSmith.
I'm not a programmer and just like to play with RPGM.
Can you give me some help to fix it?

Thanks!

KK20

Other Projects