PHP + MySQL Help

Started by Hellfire Dragon, April 24, 2010, 07:06:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire Dragon

I've been searching for ages now and still can't come up with anything decent, does anyone know how (or know of a tutorial) that shows how to use the, I don't know exactly what you call it but as an example, this forum, the address bar shows index.php?action=post when posting a new topic.
Basically, I want to connect to a database and use something like index.php?article=x to display the contents of table x on the page. Anyone know of any good tutorials?

Aqua

That's called a GET variable.
Try w3schools :D to learn more about it

Ryex

w3schools, is... AMAZING! nuf said.

but any way, I basically just learned how to do that a few weeks ago. it is rather simple but I didn't make since to me at first. php may seem like it is supposed to be a simple html support language but it is really more powerful that you might think. good luck.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Hellfire Dragon

Got it working :D Took me a while to figure it out though :ninja: Thanks Aqua