Blood-Works [Storyline Still in Progress]

Started by Kett Shee, April 25, 2010, 07:01:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kett Shee

April 25, 2010, 07:01:45 pm Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 09:14:14 am by Cait Sith
Blood-Works

Logo to be made soon

Ok! This is MageWørld Games' first project in awhile, so I thought I'd tell about it a little early.
This is the first game ever where the story was written mostly by myself(as Guardian usually does
that) so critism would be appreciated.

Intro/Backstory

When Edward Walsh is trying to catch his daily mark, A young assassin named Alex Walsworth
gets in his way. Edward finds himself attacked by this mysterious kid at every turn, making
it kind of hard to do his job. In the midst of this conflict, Edward is searching for a cure for
the rare parasite that feeds off of him. He is tracking down possibly the one man who is
studying for a cure. He must find this man and finish off Alex, or it's his funeral.

Characters

Edward Walsh: ShowHide

Edward Walsh
Sex: M
Hair Color: Dyed blue, natural color unknown
Eye Color: Greenish Blue
Weapon of Choice: Katana

Info:
Edward is a Jack-of-all-trades in the field of killing and assassination.
The world he lives in is present day, where being an assassin is a legitimate job.
He lives and works in the town of Longroads, where he grew up.
He accepts all jobs without much question, and this ends up getting him into trouble.
He loves getting his sword red, but not to the extent of being a psychopath.
When he learns all of the facts about a situation, however, he knows what to do.
When he crosses paths with Alex, that is where his story begins.

Health Condition/The Parasite:
His pysical condition is classified as slightly above the social normality, and Edward does little to really
maintain it, other than the exercise he gets from his job. He does, however, have a rare parasite
which he refers to as the "annoying little shits that are inside of me". The parasite feeds off the adrenaline
in the body, but if it cannot get a large amount then it moves into the blood stream and feeds off of the blood cells.

Habits/Likes/"Fashion Sense":
His habits include things like eating, sleeping, killing grunts, and collecting posters of small lap animals.
For some reason, he loves small pets and has a kitten named "Lil' Takumashii Neko",
for which he cares for completely. He also loves to upgrade and collect different katanas,
always wanting to stay on top of his 'game'. His favorite food is probably Ramen,
as his apartment is littered in Instant Lunch Ramen cups. His fashion sense is not what you would call
"organized". He could be wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and a beanie one day and a fully colorful rave and techno
get-up another day. His favorite music is most likely techno, considering his messed up partially rave fashion sense.

Theory on His love for Killing:
Now, the reason why he loves his job is that he loves killing potential foes.
He is not insane, and therefore, just doesn't go out on a nice summer day and kill a bystander.
He feels that if someone is going to try to stop him with force from doing his job he might as
well kill the dirty bastard in question. The kill is what gives him his adrenaline rush, and partial
motivation for his work. On the job injuries combined with the effects of pesky parasite can cause Edward to have low energy. Thus, he relies on the rush he gets from adrenaline.

The Parasite: ShowHide
The Parasite Explained
Concept by Aqua

The parasite that Edward has in his body is very rare, and unknown. There are no extensive existing medical records or journals containing anything about what it is, therefore, it has no known name. Edward prefers to call the parasite, "The annoying little shits that are inside me". He sometimes tries to make it sound more sophisticated by calling it ALS(Annoying Little Shits). The parasite resides in the host's adrenal glands, feeding off the substance Epinephrine that is produced within the glands. As the body does not usually produce high levels of the adrenaline substance, the parasite tries to find an alternate food source by moving into the host's bloodstream. Then it feeds off of of the blood cells. The effect is quite lethal, so the host must find some way to keep the parasite at bay. Edward has seemed to have found a solution to this by becoming an adrenaline junkie. He kills countless grunts and tyrannical targets for assassination, and gets a thrill out of it. This keeps the Epinphrine substance flowing and the parasite at bay. Though the parasite is dangerous, it is not always active. It seems that the parasite is awakened during the day. Edward has seemed to make a work schedule out of this, taking up his blade between the hours of 7AM to 7PM. Though there is no known cure, there have been attempts. Researchers suggested that the parasite could be neutralized through a surgical procedure. Through extensive testing, it was discovered that surgery would not work. One researcher at the notorious OMRBH(Omega Medical Research for the Benefit of Humanity) made the following statement:

"When attacked by an entity of the third party, the parasite would counteract
the attacker by moving into the kidneys, causing kidney failure, then moving throughout the rest of the host's body and systematically shutting it down. It's just not possible to destroy it. The parasite is extremely rare, so for now, I believe it should be dismissed."

After that statement, research on the parasite was dismissed and forgotten.

Alex Walsworth: ShowHide

Alex Walsworth
Sex: M
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Red
Weapon of Choice: Katana

Info:
Alex is a somewhat quiet assassin that works in Longroads. He is easily angered though.
His past is a mystery, other than the fact that he Emancipated himself from his abusive
parents at the age of 16. Reasons behind this are left unknown. After he left his parents
behind, he started his own assassination service. Recently, business has been slow, because
of the rising popularity of Edward's services. Alex's solution to this is to kill off Edward.
Alex then begins to pursue Edward at a steady pace, trying to get rid of the competition.
He is not muscular, but surprisingly fit and light on his feet.

Clothing:
Alex wears a long dark red trench coat with a white shirt. He also wears black boots and gloves.
His WOC katana has a small chain attached at the edge of the handle. Attached to the chain is a small
cross emblem.

The Helper: ShowHide

The helper is merely a character that pops in and out of the game to give
the player tips and hints. This is also the character that Edward accepts official assassination
jobs from.

Features
(some important features are still being decided upon)
  • Blizz-ABS
  • Advanced Time and Environment System(ATES)
  • Character Biographies

The game will make good use of the HP(In the game this is referred to as "Blood Supply")
    and SP(In the game this is called AF, for "Adrenaline Flow") stats. As Edward kills more enemies,
    his AF increases, allowing use of abilities at a cost of AF points. Throughout battle however, it is
    slowly drained. If it is drained completely, then the parasite kicks in, draining Edward of his Blood Supply.
    These effects can be counteracted by the two primary drop items, Epinephrine Pins and Blood Transfusion Kits.

Also, missions can be accepted(Basically like quests) from the Helper, and sometimes other assassins will challenge you to a fight to the death. These will be offered as special missions. There are a lot of Quest scripts out there, and I can't decide. Maybe someone could suggest the perfect one?

Screenshots
    none yet....

Demo
    none yet.....

Credits and Thanks
    Cait Sith - Storyline and Head of Team
    Guardian - Storyline
    Aqua - Storyline Collaboration(The parasite concept)
    Blizzard - For Blizz-ABS and ATES
    CompulsaryHero - for the Face Maker Utility
    Rune - For the Character Biographies script
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

lonely_cubone

April 29, 2010, 06:32:46 pm #1 Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:27:04 pm by lonely_cubone
This looks like a cool idea for a game. I like how the battle mechanics are based around the parasite. I do have to say though, you might not want to use the acronym BS :^_^':

Anyways, I hope there's a demo out soon.

EDIT: *levels*

Kett Shee

Thanks, and yes, I noticed that it's BS. I decided to take out the acronym all together.  :^_^':

The Niche

This game reminds me of prototype because of how it's centred around a parasite. It sounds really cool though. Good work!
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

poxy

I like the parasite idea and the detail you've put into the character bios (ie fashion sense). : D
My Project: ShowHide

The Niche

May 06, 2010, 02:53:39 pm #5 Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 02:57:34 pm by The Niche
I think that you should keep the BS acronym so you can make jokes about it. "Ed, the annoying little shits need bullshit!" or such like.

Otherwise, LEVEL UP! (ping!)
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Kett Shee

XD Thanks for the tip.

Thanks to everyone else for the nice comments.
I'm currently working on the "Chapters" of the game, if you would call them that.

The Niche

Shining Riku

The idea for the battle system is ingenious! I like it alot.

Like some of the guys here have said, you could probably make a bunch of jokes about the acronyms you have. Of course that's your choice, but I think it'd help the humor department if you want it strong in this game  :D

I can see this game's still in the early development stages but things look great so far! There's a new ATES type script out now that has a calendar, climate, and some other things that make it sound good. You should be able to find it in the script section here.

If you need some pointers on anything or need somebody to beta test your game at any time, let me know! I'll do my best to assist you.

Kett Shee

May 15, 2010, 09:06:02 am #9 Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 09:11:01 am by Cait Sith
Yes, I might actually need some help later on.  :)

I'm beginning to decide what vital scripts I'm going use for the game. Also, I added a bit more to explain some planned game play elements. A good friend of mine(Known as Guardian in most cases) is helping me write bios for Edward's "challengers".

WhiteRose

If you're not already too far in development to make such a change, you might want to considering switching from ATES to Zero's new system (I don't remember exactly what it's called, but he's posted it here on CP.) It has a few more features, and, unlike ATES, is actually complete.

Kett Shee

Hmm...thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into it.