using ruby/sdl or similar library to make a game.exe replacement?

Started by Ryex, April 09, 2010, 09:48:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

here is a question.

ive been looking at this option ad it seems viable. using such a library one could do such a thing of course the RPG module would have to be recreated and several classes would have to be linked to their equivalents used in the library, and the tilemap class would need to be remade / recycled from a mode 7 script. the graphic module would need to be linked the the library's methods as would the audio module. but once all that was done it seems that most RMXP scripts would be plug and play.
and I think that the game could technically be cross platform at that point. is this really as possible as it appears to be? or am I missing something...

screw it. WAY to complicated to be worth the effort. might as well use another language entirely.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Jragyn

A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?