~Labyrinth: Sign-Up and Discussion~

Started by WhiteRose, April 27, 2010, 11:14:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

Hex's DB was a lot of fun until it met its lamentable demise, so I'm attempting to start a new RP thread. Let's see how it goes.

Labyrinth
Can you escape?

Background: ShowHide
In the year 2012, through a series of events far to complex to get into right now and unknown to all of you anyway, a number of ordinary people were transported in their sleep to a mysterious dark dungeon. Only by going deeper and deeper into the massive maze will they be able to determine their true purpose here, and, more importantly, how to get out.

Gameplay: ShowHide
You play as the character you designed, traversing the maze. You may of course work in conjunction with other players. At times, teamwork will be required to pass a particular puzzle, so try to stay on good terms with the other explorers of the labyrinth. Of course, there may be times where it might potentially be to your advantage to turn against others. I will tell you the description of each room as you enter it, as well as relay the status of combat situations.

Character Generation: ShowHide
Your character is a regular human from Earth. Please create your character using the following template:
First Name:
Middle Name (optional):
Last Name:
Ethnicity:
Country of Origin:
Hair Color (dyed hair is acceptable if you do not want a natural color):
Eye Color (colored contacts are acceptable if you do not want a natural color):
Occupation (only applicable if your age allows; typically, adults have a career and teenagers will have less important jobs. Please note that your choice here will affect game-play as skills gained in your job field will be available to you in-game):
Distribute Ten Points Among the follow stats:
  • Fitness
  • Logic
  • Luck
  • Perception
  • Dexterity

In addition, you may have one natural talent that you excel at, such as playing an instrument, etc. This does not have to be associated with your choice of occupation.

Equipment: You may carry as much as you can fit in your containers. At the beginning, your character will have nothing other than the pockets in their clothing and their hands to carry things, but you will find bags as you explore. Please state what your character is wearing at the beginning of the game when you create them. You will find other clothing and armor as you explore. At the beginning, I will decide what items you have based on your character design, most notably your chosen career.

Appearance: Please describe any additional aspects of your character's physical appearance. Try and stay consistent with your previous choices.

Background: Give a brief background for your character. It only has to be a sentence or two, but try and explain at least your personality.

If there is anything else you feel I should include, please note it in your post.

Anyway, with this out of the way, let the sign-ups begin! I'll start as soon as I have at least two or three people signed up.

Have fun, everyone! :)

Aqua

Good luck, Ashe!

You can expect my character soon. (as in by the end of the week)

Lakieth

April 28, 2010, 12:09:58 am #2 Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:12:14 am by Lakieth
Your character is a regular human from Earth. Please create your character using the following template:
First Name:Nick
Middle Name (optional):Copernicus
Last Name:Branum
Ethnicity:Cultural Stew(AKA Mutt)
Country of Origin:unknown
Hair:Long White Hair
Eye COLOR:Purple
Job):Game designer

* Fitness-3
   * Logic-3
   * Luck-0
   * Perception-2
   * Dexterity-2

Natural talent - Dming

Equipment: Trench coat and jeans

Appearance:Long White Hair /no facial hair

Background: Calculating very methodical and cold and logical. One word Describes him "Robotic'

WhiteRose

Soooo.....

I guess no one else is interested, then?

Diokatsu

May 02, 2010, 11:31:58 am #4 Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:33:11 am by Diokatsu
I'm interested I guess...But I can't start until after AP exams.

I'll make the character.

First Name: Ciel
Last Name: Brunestud
Ethnicity: Russian
Country of Origin: America

Hair Color: Dark brown
Eye Color: Greenish blue

Fitness: 2
Logic: 2
Luck: 2
Perception: 2
Dexterity: 2

Talent: Analytical skills. Includes both strategy (like chess) and reading.
Equipment: Pencil, pen, eraser, wallet, glasses

Appearance: Short hair that goes up to her shoulders. Medium height and slender build with a less than average bust. Wears reading glasses when the occasion demands. Likes to wear sweaters and jeans, but sometimes wears a skirt to around knee length (a bit prudish looking). She's actually got muscles though since she's been a swimmer for most of her life.
Background: She's the daughter of a business mogul and a former concert violinist. Her parents are divorced and she lives with her mom for most of the year. Ciel doesn't work because the childcare pays for their living, but her mom usually teaches music lessons at the nearby high school. She goes to visit her father every month and all three of them are on good terms. She's usually happy and headstrong, but she doesn't speak out. She gets good grades, but never got the top ones. She's an average piano player too, but she loves to read and listen to music. She's planning on trying to study journalism at college.

Subsonic_Noise

I am.

First Name:Klayton
Last Name: unknown
Ethnicity: (don't really know what to put here, lol)
Country of Origin: America
Hair: Black, partially red dyed
Eye COLOR: Brown
Job): Musician

* Fitness- 3
   * Logic-2
   * Luck- 2
   * Perception-2
   * Dexterity- 1

Natural talent - Playing several instruments

Equipment: short-sleeved black hoodie vest, red shirt, Black jeans

Appearance: have to add this later

Background: Is very passionate about his music, but a rather calm and private person otherwise. Likes to handle problems on his own. Because of that, nobody knows much about him.

WhiteRose

Okay, this is the last call for new characters before I start. I might be able to work in new characters as the Roleplay continues, so if you are too busy at the moment but would like to play later, no worries. I'll be starting the game in an hour or two.

Aqua

May 07, 2010, 08:08:07 pm #7 Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 08:43:20 pm by Aqua
First Name: Lana
Middle Name: Errr... I'll make one later :x
Last Name: Yeung
Ethnicity: Chinese
Country of Origin: France
Hair Color:  Black with light brown highlights
Eye Color:  Naturally - Dark Brown.  Contacts - Dark purple

Fitness: 3
Logic: 1
Luck: 2
Perception: 1
Dexterity: 3

Natural Talent: Drawing animals (which include humans.)  She sucks at drawing pretty much everything else :x

Equipment: Sketchbook, pencil, & eraser.  She is wearing a black tank top with a white blouse over it, dark blue jeans with a white miniskirt, and a pair pf white boots in which she keeps a small fan and an extra pencil.

Appearance: Wavy hair that reaches to the middle of her back.  Height of 5'2 with a very fit build.  Likes to wear loose & comfortable tops with tight-fit pants under a skirt.

Background: Lana grew up in Blois, France.  She's had an interest of the calming traits of Tai Chi and decided to take classes at a young age.  She is not adept in the art and helps teach classes at the school.  She always tries to keep a level head and a calm demeanor.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Aqua on May 07, 2010, 08:08:07 pm
Errr was making my character, but then it was time for dinner.

Please wait XP

*waits*

Aqua

In case you didn't notice, I edited my post with my character info XP

WhiteRose

Alright, now that my new computer is here and I can type properly, it's time to finally start. This is the last call for anyone to create a character for the first part of the game; there may be a chance to do so later, depending on popularity and demand.