TerreAqua's First (Franken)Sprites!

Started by Aqua, March 02, 2008, 01:04:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

March 02, 2008, 01:04:03 pm Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 03:23:24 pm by TerreAqua
Here are some Frankensprites I did in the past couple of days.  They're all protagonists in my game that will use Blizz-ABS.  Please comment! :D

Elven Archer: ShowHide

This is a Frankensprited version of Noble-2 with Hunter-2 color hair and a minor recolor of clothes.

He's the main protagonist of my game.  He's an elven archer but currently... has no name  :P

Seles: ShowHide

Fighter-8 with recolored hair.  Her name is Seles and is a weapon master... dunno what else to say about her for now.

Mage: ShowHide

Okay this is a combo of... Mage-6, Mage-8, and Noble-8.  She also has no name for now but she has an energetic personality and loves to say "Chyea".

Making her attack sprite for Blizz-ABS took me forever because I kept messing up >.>

Action Sprites: ShowHide

Archer using a bow.  (didn't sprite the bow part yet)

Seles swinging her weapon (didn't sprite the weapon yet)

Mage using a magic ball thing to attack enemies.  (Flail type weapon :P)
Image slightly reduced.

Flair Hit Range Guide: ShowHide

Guide that shows where to place your character and weapon spritesets when using a flail-type weapon in Blizz-ABS.  The facing down ones seem kinda off because of the offset in the script.

Blizzard

Nice. *powers up* I hope you post the Blizz-ABS sprites later, too. ^_^
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aqua

Thanks for the powerup!

I'll go post the Blizz-ABS sprites now that I have so far...

Chaze007

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Blizzard

That's a sprite that was created by using parts of other sprites. Let's say I take the head of Arshes and put it on Sir Lag-A-Lot's body.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

Those are actually very good Franken Sprites. I don't see any excess pixels, so the effort is indeed there. I don't like some of the pixels on Seles' hair. At first glance, it looks acceptable, but then upon closer inspection the hair is only just some colors rather than shades and lighting. It's only bare. Except for the rear view, that actually looks great. It's not much to say, but it's the only thing giving me the iffs. Other than that, the action sprites are very spacious. Great job. *Power Up, I suppose*

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Calintz

nerissya

Quote from: Blizzard on March 02, 2008, 01:22:05 pm
That's a sprite that was created by using parts of other sprites. Let's say I take the head of Arshes and put it on Sir Lag-A-Lot's body.

OMG MUTANT!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

Aqua

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on March 02, 2008, 01:29:35 pm
Those are actually very good Franken Sprites. I don't see any excess pixels, so the effort is indeed there. I don't like some of the pixels on Seles' hair. At first glance, it looks acceptable, but then upon closer inspection the hair is only just some colors rather than shades and lighting. It's only bare. Except for the rear view, that actually looks great. It's not much to say, but it's the only thing giving me the iffs. Other than that, the action sprites are very spacious. Great job. *Power Up, I suppose*

I agree with what you said about Seles' hair.  I couldn't get the right colors to match before so I just stuck with this.  I'll redo it later ^_^

darklight

Wow, good job! My favorite one is the elven archer, and then the mage. I'm not a fan of witch hats, but you made it work. :)

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.
I'm also working on the project site - stay tuned for a launch very soon!

Aqua

Quote from: darklight on March 02, 2008, 01:52:04 pm
Wow, good job! My favorite one is the elven archer, and then the mage. I'm not a fan of witch hats, but you made it work. :)

Hehe thanks :P

Hm... Seles seems really boring to me.  I think I might just redo all of her. >.>

Calintz

Isn't that exaclt what Frankenspriting is??
Taking several sprites and merging them to create new original sprites??

Chaze007

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!