[Resolved] Two scripts handling save files

Started by poxy, May 03, 2010, 02:56:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

poxy

May 03, 2010, 02:56:30 am Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:17:36 pm by poxysmash
Hey guys. I've been trying to figure this one out but I'm not too good at scripting. The problem is I have two scripts reading and loading script data. The scripts causing problems are Chrono Trigger CMS by Raziel and Hermes message system. Hermes tries to save and load its global settings by trying to save $msg to the file and CTMS has a chapter saving thing and also saves to the file. If I load the save data it gives "Hermes script EOF error." If I try to remove the saving and loading of either script I get undefined method errors.
If someone could take a look I'd really appreciate it and give credit in my game.

Here are the scripts: (they're ~2k lines each)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hi7fk5   <- CTCMS

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ofbadh  <- Hermes

Edit: fixed it. (Just put the marshal.dump and .load in ctsms and removed it from hermes.)
Note to self: delete old save files when testing code that modifies save files.
My Project: ShowHide

Blizzard

STCMS doesn't add or handle any save data.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sacred Nym

CTCMS Blizz. Stands for Chrono Trigger Custom Menu System.
Quote昨日の自分に「さようなら」
Say "Goodbye" to who you were yesterday.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.