[Resolved] The RGSS Player doesn't work

Started by SBR*, May 13, 2010, 01:49:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SBR*

May 13, 2010, 01:49:11 pm Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:31:53 am by SBR*
Hello all,

I'm making a script for the RPG academy game by the Niche, but I keep on getting an error. The error is: The RGSS Player doesn't work. It's a transelation from Dutch, so it might not be  the exact error. I get this error if I enter the scene of my script (Scene_Note) by using
$scene = Scene_Note.new
, then going back to the map:
$scene = Scene_Map.new
and then going to ANY other scene. I tried battles, the menu and Scene_Note. This only applies to maps with auto-tiles. The scene has the background of the map. I called that background with
@back = Spriteset_Map.new
and I closed it with
@back = nil
. Is this a known error?

Thank you in advance!

-SBR*

P.S. I don't post the script because I'm a bit paranoid about that: I'm afraid somebody is gonna use it while it isn't published yet... I can send it in a PM of course!

Blizzard

Check the script for any "exit" commands. Also, try the game without that script and see if that script is the one causing the problem.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

SBR*

May 13, 2010, 03:05:14 pm #2 Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 03:34:00 pm by SBR*
Quote from: Blizzard on May 13, 2010, 03:00:14 pm
Check the script for any "exit" commands. Also, try the game without that script and see if that script is the one causing the problem.

The script has no exit commands. Also, all the other scripts are RMXP's standard scripts and the neccessary scripts (Tons of Add-ons (only Custom Game Controls enabled) and the Mouse Controller by Blizzard). Thank you anyway...

EDIT: Any other solutions?  :'(

G_G

instead of doing @back = nil do @back.dispose

SBR*

May 14, 2010, 04:51:51 am #4 Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:31:29 am by SBR*
Quote from: game_guy on May 13, 2010, 06:02:42 pm
instead of doing @back = nil do @back.dispose

I tried that, and that gave an error on itself. The same error. I'll try it once more...

EDIT: Tried it, and it did what I said there^.

EDIT: Alright, I did something really strange. In the update method I used
@back = Spriteset_Map.new
too, and that caused the error... Sorry!

RESOLVED

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

SBR*

Quote from: Blizzard on May 14, 2010, 01:09:25 pm
Lol, memory leak.

Yeah. It was just for testing because something else wasn't working and I forgot to remove it. And it wasn't working because I used
@back = nil
instead of
@back.dispose
. Thank you anyway  :^_^':.