This Same Flower - Sign Ups + Charater Database

Started by Diokatsu, May 16, 2010, 04:21:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Diokatsu

This Same Flower

If anything at all, life was bearable and sweet for me, like the nectar of some uncherished fruit that would have rotted had I not tasted it. It seemed all around me people lie in stasis, awaiting something and whatever it was, it was enough to commandeer their attention so much so that they gave up on the wellspring of life. For some reason, I never found anything better to do than life in the moment, living each day to each day without a future to hope for. I lived among my past, my ancestors and their hidden stories of triumph and loss, while living whatever I could out of each moment. I'd mature as it came and I'd play as the time required. There wasn't an agenda to follow. I was whimsical. But this was before the nations of this world went to war.

Like impious gods, the 3 warlords broke apart the entire world by their word. It shattered unceremoniously and fragments of each separate peace embedded themselves in the few who now wish for the days of old. I'm one of those people. Whoever you are, whoever I am, whoever they might be, we all have a purpose, a journey and wish and want, desire and passion, culminating in our life. So in this world of broke and fractured peace, where do you stand? This world holds no morality, we know no god and serve no lord anymore. Forge your own path among whatever you can find to build yourself from. Our past is what we make of the present now. Good luck. We'll all need it.

This is an entirely open-ended RPG. I've made no storyline, only a world for you to be involved in, to do whatever in, to be whoever you want to. So choose anyone, any race, any class and see where you'll stand. The story is fluid, the story is active and I'm never going to tell anyone what to do. You're free to interact with whomever you care to, to try for whatever you want to and to align with whatever side you wish to. So here we go.

Latium: The formerly most wealthy of the three kingdoms and was most likely to win the war, had it not been broken apart by it's generals. Now in turmoil, most of the cities within are left in ruin and it's wealth depleted. If you want to survive, you'll have to join the army it would seem, though Latium has a long history of producing amazing raiders.

Illium: A new and upcoming kingdom that's done the best in remaining unified. It has a passion for the arts and high-class culture and boasts huge military advancements for some unknown reason.

Knossos: An old military hungry empire with a thirst for bitter and vile powers. It's a magical stronghold that for some reason, despite it's history, has not advanced to attack anyone since the outbreak and remains unified if only in name. It's said that their is a huge civil war inside the borders, but no one has been able to confirm the scope of it.

I'm going to make a map soon, but you can pick out characters and locations now. If you want a race other than humans, you'll have to fill out a sheet for them.

Templates taken from Myriad Souls:

Character Creation:

Name:
Race/Species (you can use one of the already made races, or make your own):
Skills (put only as much detail as you want):
Handicaps:
Background:
Looks:
Personality:
Hometown:
Weapon:

Race Template:

Race Name:
Description (what does it look like):
More info (anything can go here, religion, habitat, etc.):
Natural abilities (these need to be balanced by flaws):
Handicaps (what is a drawback to being this race):

Characters:

So there you have it. I'll clean this up later, but feel free to make a character and/or race and post.

Vell

May 16, 2010, 04:45:32 pm #1 Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:59:05 pm by UltaFlame
Name: Luta
Race/Species (you can use one of the already made races, or make your own): Human
Skills (put only as much detail as you want): Disturbing accuracy with pistols, and a freakish skill with knives. highly skilled in martial arts.
Handicaps: Pistols are highly inaccurate weapons, and knives are incredibly short for weaponry. As such, she is limited by range. And even when up close, if someone has a sword they have more reach than her. Extremely vulnerable to magic.
Background: Grew up in Knossos, was magically experimented on by her father. This gave her superhuman abilities but made her body extremely conductive to magic. Meaning spells are super powerful against her, but if she survives the attack, it makes her just a little bit stronger.
Looks: Pink hair - byproduct of the experimentation - eyes that are dark brown. Wears a lot of dark grey.
Personality: Hates magicians, and tends to converse about killing them if someone fails to keep her attention.
Hometown: None
Weapon: Pistols and Knives.
Currently at: Knossos

WhiteRose

Dio, if you're still doing this, I'd like to make a character. (Yes, I know I'm a month late. -_-) If not, that's alright too.

Diokatsu

The RP section is really small here. I might do it on IRC with you and Ulta though.

WhiteRose

I think an IRC RP would turn out really well, actually; interaction between player characters, in particular, would work much more smoothly.
I'll create my character here in a second.

Diokatsu

Quote from: WhiteRose on July 05, 2010, 10:13:34 pm
I think an IRC RP would turn out really well, actually; interaction between player characters, in particular, would work much more smoothly.
I'll create my character here in a second.

Ulta and I did IRC RPs so frequently here that at one point we had our own channel that I registered. It's really fun and spontaneous.

Vell

/o\ I even got a new favorite out of it.

Azara kicked so much ass I just HAD to expand the lore surrounding her and her fellow Hunters.

WhiteRose

Hmm... Debating between making a knight, a mechanical expert, or a magician just to piss of Luta....

Diokatsu

Quote from: WhiteRose on July 06, 2010, 11:59:21 am
Hmm... Debating between making a knight, a mechanical expert, or a magician just to piss of Luta....

<3

WhiteRose

July 08, 2010, 09:52:10 pm #9 Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:04:49 am by WhiteRose
I was stuck in the car for far too many hours, and came up with a good concept for my character, so I'll be posting that here shortly. However, I have two pages of unread topics to view first.

EDIT: Alrighty, here we go.

Name: Alice Graves
Race/Species (you can use one of the already made races, or make your own): Human
Skills (put only as much detail as you want):Limited magical ability, advanced mechanical and engineering skills, basic swordplay
Handicaps: It's rather difficult to point out specific handicaps; let me know if you need more information here, but I think you should be able to get the gist of my character.
Background: Prepare for wall of text. I'll try and be brief. Alice's parents were killed before she can even remember. For a while she lived out on the streets, but she was adopted by a very well-known and powerful wizard. He tried to train her as an apprentice, but because of her impatient nature, she had trouble paying attention to the lessons, and never really mastered the art of spell casting. Instead, she always preferred to fiddle with gears, springs, and engines, creating all sorts of partially functional inventions. When she was 15, however, her master was killed by an assassin in the night; she didn't know the reason why, but she guessed it was for something political. He had been like a father to her, so his death was tragic to her. She swore to find the murderer and avenge his death. However, her skill set was ill-suited to the task. She searched for two years, and never found so much as a lead that didn't turn out to be a dead end. In despair, she finally gave up on her quest. With seemingly nothing left to live for, she sits in a tavern in Knossos, trying to decide what to do with her life... or if she should simply end it.
Looks: Blonde hair tied back in a messy pony-tail, bright blue eyes, slim and a bit short, even for her age. Wears a simple brown tunic and boots, and a belt with numerous pouches, which hold her various spell components as well as some spare parts.
Personality: Though she is naturally happy-go-lucky and optimistic, her master's death and the resulting failure of a quest have tinged her personality with bitterness and cynicism.
Hometown: Knossos
Weapon: Short sword, a few single spells, whatever gadgets she has on hand

Diokatsu

Here's your Jeigan, WR:

Name: Alara Rakdos
Skills (put only as much detail as you want): Exceedingly powerful spearman. He holds no magic potential, but has a vast array of countercharms available to him, rendering him nearly invincible to most normal magical assaults, assuming he's aware of them.
Handicaps: He secretly hates himself and wishes he could die so as to end his life for a cause he believes in.
Background: Raised in an elegant military family, he's been trained all his life to fight and to be intelligent on the battlefield. His career choice as a knight was perfectly suited for him, but he has since gone rouge in search of a better meaning for his life.
Looks: Handsome, but a bit rough, he keeps things simple with a suit of light, chitin armor and a spear along with his knapsack for various odds and ends.
Personality: Extremely harsh, but he means well. He seems to not take any sort of excuse, but he tends to allow to much compared to his superior. He's also a compulsive liar, so long as the outcome is good.
Hometown: Raised in Latium, but brought to Knossos for diplomatic purposes, he has since been absorbed into their army in their small, non-magical forces unit.
Weapon: Spear

So yeah, we'll be doing this whenever you feel like it. Post here if you two are ready.

WhiteRose

Karltheking4

If this is still going and I can join, here's my character...

Name: Kyle Zeoff
Race/Species (you can use one of the already made races, or make your own): Failed Cyborg Human
Skills (put only as much detail as you want): Amazing accuracy with weapons and has a small jetpack thing on his back for bigger leaps/jumps, note not too big.
Handicaps: Can go nowhere near water, needs a recharge every so often, (keeps batteries on him at all times.)
Background: Since the war has been going, Illium has always liked to mess with the idea of cyborgs. They've tried mind you, tried alot. Kyle was an unsuccessful try. After a failed try, the cyborgs would be "put to sleep" as they liked to say, but Kyle didn't like the sound of this... so he killed everyone in the room, and using his jet pack thingy, escaped the facility after escaping he found him self with no purpose in life, thus making him an angry, muderous and kind of emo.
Looks: Wears a short sleved white top with a black jecket over top, and dark jeans. His left eyes is robotic and red. His left arm is a weak laser canon thing, and has metal fingers at the top.
Personality: Angry, VERY angry. Hates most living things, doesn't talk much, but when he does, it's usually "I'll kill you if you don't stop talking about___", prefers to talk to toasters...
Hometown: Illium
Weapon: Has Jet pack on his back. Weak laser cannon thing on arm.

I hope I'm not overdoing this with robot stuff :P