[request] Desert of Rath

Started by Kathis, March 03, 2008, 07:11:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathis

Due to many things that are needed for the Desert of Rath I have desided to make a single topic for the request. here is my "shopping list"

some snake character sets and other desert critters

A good desert tileset
-sand
-plants
-a tent
-desert town desert season
-other desert things
-lush land for the desert "wet season" This can be the grassland
-desert town (something like the desert same structure but if something is based on sand make it remove and add some grassland effect)

auto set - darker sand on desert sand

Desert music - seriously is there any in the default that sound good various would be nice.

herbs for the desert.
1. the cactus
a) cactus with pricks and flower
b) cactus without pricks but has a flower
c) cactus without flowers but has pricks
d) cactus without flowers or pricks
(yes you can pick ether one of them or both)

2. (character set perferably) Tumble weed

that should cover it >_> now I cannot offer much but I'll power up anyone who helps ^_^;;;
Kathis attention span for game making is based on a meter depending on his mood changes how far he'll go with the project,
Right now 25%,
Currently working on Random game version 3 on rpg maker xp. current status...2% compleat,

darklight

March 04, 2008, 02:27:46 pm #1 Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 02:34:51 pm by darklight
It sounds like a lot of what you want can be done with some recoloring/combining of the RTP set. It's pretty easy to do, and I encourage you to learn how to do it yourself. I say this because you know best how you want your game to look. I spent all of last night putting together new tilesets for my own project, and time just flew by ^_^

As for "desert town desert season," I'm not sure what you mean exactly by that. I guess it's like The Dry and The Rains on Giza Plains (that rhymes!) in FF12?

And as for the desert-sounding music, it's pretty subjective depending on what mood you want - desolate vs. thriving community vs. secret village of desert mercenaries... you get my point. The desert city in my game is an isolationist kingdom. Go to vgmusic.com and select a video game console from the 'Music Menu' - it's got MIDI files from all the old-school games you've played, and everything else you didn't.

Finally, here are some cacti with needles, one with a flower:

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.
I'm also working on the project site - stay tuned for a launch very soon!

Kathis

O.o they have a desert like that on ff12? never had a chance to play it don't have ps2 ;-; anyway, as for the music, 2 things
1. Midis sound off in tone on rpg maker xp
2. Blizzard said there is a script to fix that but I haven't found it yet..

I know how to fuse tilesets hell I done it my self, mostly what I am doing at this point is filling in the books finishing off sections that should be finish by now ;-; so many books, and timea village looks empty compared to the village size. so trying to get ahead on resource.

Lastly ^_^;; when you get the other two catacus done can you put it in a character set pleases? ^_^;;
Kathis attention span for game making is based on a meter depending on his mood changes how far he'll go with the project,
Right now 25%,
Currently working on Random game version 3 on rpg maker xp. current status...2% compleat,

Nortos

March 05, 2008, 12:46:17 am #3 Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 12:52:22 am by Nortos
Tileset: ShowHide

that's a start I'll send you the file for passabilities on msn if want
autotiles: ShowHide

nerissya

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<