Story of my Life

Started by AliveDrive, May 20, 2010, 06:25:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AliveDrive

May 20, 2010, 06:25:58 pm Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 06:30:40 am by RatatatOG
Disclaimer: I'm still not an author but I'm working on it.
I am posting this in response to the requirements posted here http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,35.0.html

Background Story: The BS for this game came about because I had been toying with RMXP for some time and several ideas connected into a

loose plot, (wait RMXP is spell checked? ADD TO DICTIONARY!) I didn't have very good internet, so I was limited in my search for custom scripts,

sprites, what have you.  But I recently moved into a new apartment, and with new wifi, I have got the ball rolling once more.
  SomL is my 3rd attempt at making a game using RMXP. I basically got a few ideas for a story in my head and threw them into notepad. Everything

else sprang from me asking "I wonder if I could..." and attempting to do so. Without internet, I didn't know of certain sources such as Blizz

ABS. -.- I do now though.
 MAIN STORY! Chapter 1 of SomL is about a young mercenary who finds himself on the wrong side of the law. The game's intro may leave you

feeling as if the game is silly, but I promise a much darker side of Alexander in chapter 2. Soon, Alex witnesses a girl with a very brave spirit

being harassed by some castle guards. After her (failed) attempt to fight them off. Alex is left with no choice but to go to the castle and find

out more about why the guards were so interested in this girl. I want to give Alexander a spectator feel in this game. He IS the main hero, but

he is also antisocial towards societies issues. Until he finds Catherine, the girl from earlier. So he goes to the castle and through a series of

events, finds himself in the King's favor. The main villain has plans to stir up some trouble (what villain doesn't) and it is up to the hero to

stop him.
Peeps
 Alexander (Protagonist):  Is undergoing facial reconstruction until I find a darker vibe.
         Personality: An undisclosed past, a distant present and a dark future. That's all for now. :)
         Facts: Alex is proficient with the Knife-Rifle and later in the chapter, its burn inducing upgrade, the Knife-Rifle: Flame ^.^

Catherine (Potion): I only added you Cat because the game is too hard with one player! >:V
         Personality: Catherine, you know, the one with all the good ideas that get us in trouble with the law.
         Facts: Besides the signature kitten ears, Cat also specializes with the Claw Gloves, and later in the chapter, twice the fun with the

upgraded Double Claw Gloves.

Malott (Master Thief): You don't find him, he will find you :)
         Personality: For now undeveloped, but think John McGinley of Scrubs fame.
         Facts: Malott has his own weapon called the Thieves' Gadget, which does not see any use in Chapter 1 :(

But it's mostly about Alex and Cat.

Screenies!

Spoiler: ShowHide

ZOMG Title Screen!?*

Chicken Catching, all the cool kids are doing it. For $. Next to rectangular lakes.

I have tried to fix this.

First dungeon is a sewer :)

I will most probably update this in the near future, if I haven't yet, I'm procrastinating.

Oh and the entire Chapter 1 of SomL is finished, I am making Chapter 2 with a bonus room at the beginning of the game that will be accessible if you beat the first game through. Actually it's not too good though. It came out in  February and I have improved a bit since then.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/87f4620f-deae-48b7-9a70-3fcd5f3b4c03/SomL-Chap.-1-2.6.2010 GO.

RatatatOG
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

The Niche

Please do a few of the following things:

- Work on your English. I know you said you're a pilot and all that, but it's not good for your game's reception if you can't use paragraphs properly and the summary makes no sense.

- Revise your character summations.

- This is just a suggestion, but Aluxes doesn't appear to suit a sociopath. Search around the place for a darker sprite. Sithjester has quite a lot of sprites as well.

- HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO COPY THE SAVE!?!?! I WANT TO KNOW!!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

AliveDrive

May 29, 2010, 06:20:03 am #2 Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 06:32:54 am by RatatatOG
I'm working on it xD

The characters seem shallow because they are right now.

You are right, I hadn't considered that aspect. I'll look around for a sprite.

And I don't know if it's possible or not, if not, the first chapter sucks anyways xD

Here's an idea, I'll make a room full of all key items and a lot of nice bonuses from the first chapter. I'll have a code at the end of the game that can be used to enter this room at the start of chap 2, and so the player gets compensation for not being able to copy the whole file.

EDIT: I went through and cleaned it up a bit. It's 6am here so I'll focus more on it later. Bed.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.