OH SHIT!

Started by Blizzard, March 04, 2008, 10:02:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Quote from: e-mail by Koreru, CP's hostingEffective immediately, Koreru.com LLC is going out of business.

Do not send us any money as our payment processing accounts are now unattended. PayPal will not award a claim to a customer for a non-tangible item.  If you have an active PayPal Subscription, please cancel it now.

Our support system is now offline and our email addresses are now all unattended.

Our shared hosting servers will remain online for 1 month. They will be powered down on April 3rd, 2008.

Customers with domain names registered with us will receive infomation from the domain name registrar over the course of this month containing information on how to access their domain name. i.e. transfer secret & nameserver info.

Dedicated server customers will receive information shortly with information on how to make payments directly to the datacenter where they are leased from. You will no longer have to pay our monthly maintenane fee, so will see a decent drop in price.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE.

:( I'll see to find a new host as soon as possible.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nerissya

Quote from: Blizzard on March 04, 2008, 10:02:07 am
Quote from: e-mail by Koreru, CP's hostingEffective immediately, Koreru.com LLC is going out of business.

Do not send us any money as our payment processing accounts are now unattended. PayPal will not award a claim to a customer for a non-tangible item.  If you have an active PayPal Subscription, please cancel it now.

Our support system is now offline and our email addresses are now all unattended.

Our shared hosting servers will remain online for 1 month. They will be powered down on April 3rd, 2008.

Customers with domain names registered with us will receive infomation from the domain name registrar over the course of this month containing information on how to access their domain name. i.e. transfer secret & nameserver info.

Dedicated server customers will receive information shortly with information on how to make payments directly to the datacenter where they are leased from. You will no longer have to pay our monthly maintenane fee, so will see a decent drop in price.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE.

:( I'll see to find a new host as soon as possible.

Thats.. our host?

ONOEZ!

Halp. =(

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

nouman6

dreamhost, eleven2. <- pretty cheap. (overselling, but cheap)

RMR is going to be hosted on Media Temple.

Blizzard

March 04, 2008, 10:22:15 am #3 Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 10:23:10 am by Blizzard
I can move CP to freehostia for free temporarily, but I'd like to keep my domain.

nixism.com is cheap, but not overselling. :) I was considering it as alternative to koreru when I was picking a host a few months ago. Another alternative would be 110mb.com which is free, but you have to pay the SQL database. So I could consider it even as final host. :)

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nerissya

Quote from: Blizzard on March 04, 2008, 10:22:15 am
I can move CP to freehostia for free temporarily, but I'd like to keep my domain.

nixism.com is cheap, but not overselling. :) I was considering it as alternative to koreru when I was picking a host a few months ago.

=/   Btw blizzard log on to msn or ill be a sad Nerissya. =(

darklight

That sucks. : ( I recommend dreamhost.org too, although it's not free. dot5 was great before, but now their customer service sucks. And I would never in a million years recommend goDaddy, ever. I guess you'll just have to see where they're going to forward you to.

If worse comes to worst, I'd be happy to host the community for a few months on my own site while you find a new one. I like this community more than CA or .org (although I'm always looking in CA's Script Archives :P), and I'd hate to see it shut down.

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.
I'm also working on the project site - stay tuned for a launch very soon!

Starrodkirby86

Another Internet organization, done to the ground, out of business. Such trouble. Sorry that I have no suggestions on what server you can go to, but I hope all of our posts and etcetera stays (Which it should hopefully), and everything just seems normal, and nothing really alarming happens.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Vell

Nortos

March 05, 2008, 12:31:35 am #8 Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 12:32:22 am by Nortos
yeah sucks does this mean that there would have to be another move?

Irock

*shows up out of nowhere*

I was about to bring back a website of mine on Koreru the day they decided to go out of business. What a coincidence that is. -_-

Good luck with the move. I hope everything works out okay. =]

Blizzard

This time it should go without problems and no post data should get lost. There may be a short downtime, up to 24 hours; this is the time they would need to update the pointing nameservers of the new host. Let's see if the account can be just moved to another host.

Nortos

*hopes with prayers* (even though Aethiest...>.>   <.<   >.>

Vell

*thanks Atheism it might be an easy transferral*

Fantasist

...server woes...
Well, I think everything will go fine this time, all the best with the move Bliz ^_^
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

FAX

Thank blizzatholism! I'm happy it may be an easy transfer over  ;D

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Blizzard on March 05, 2008, 02:51:04 am
This time it should go without problems and no post data should get lost. There may be a short downtime, up to 24 hours; this is the time they would need to update the pointing nameservers of the new host. Let's see if the account can be just moved to another host.
Does that mean our signature, profile, and avatar use is going to go away? However, I'm accepting of it, since I have the files anyway. But nevertheless, I still hope for the best. Once again, good luck.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Vell

lol, all my stuff can be easily regathered, plus, I have some new pics which i might decide to use...

nerissya

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on March 05, 2008, 06:13:50 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on March 05, 2008, 02:51:04 am
Does that mean our signature, profile, and avatar use is going to go away? However, I'm accepting of it, since I have the files anyway. But nevertheless, I still hope for the best. Once again, good luck.

ONOEZ! NOT THE AVATARS!!!!1111ONE

Blizzard

No, EVERYTHING will stay as it is. The site may only be down for one day.

Fallen Angel X

I can't live w/o CP even if it's for a DAY!!!  :'(