FLV converter?

Started by Hellfire Dragon, May 15, 2010, 06:50:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire Dragon

I've been looking around for a while and I can't find a decent flv converter. I'm looking to convert flv files to either avi or mp4 with decent quality. Does anyone know any good converters? Preferably free please O:)

Kett Shee

Please don't hurt me for suggesting something not totally free, but ImTOO MPEG Converter converts every type of video codec. The free trial converts the first three minutes.(I think that's how much, I can't remember :P)
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

WhiteRose

http://vixy.net/

I haven't actually tried it, to be honest, but by the look of things it should accomplish your goal.

Ryex

WinFF is a gui tool to FFmpeg a free open source tool that can convert just about every kind of video or audio file format to any other.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Starrodkirby86

I can't remember if it can convert from .flv to .avi or any of that...But SUPER Video Converter is really good.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

The site is a maze, though. You'll have to click so many links to get to the download. XD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Hellfire Dragon

Thanks for the links guys :) I'm using WinFF with no problems and lossless quality from what I can see, although it's a bit slow.

@Star I remember seeing that one a while ago, might check it out ;)

Ryex

go into the preferences and enable multithreading in the box next to the multi threading enter the number of cores you cpu has (duocores have two, quads have 4 ect.) if you have more than one processor enter the total cores the computer has.
the multithreading basically doubles the speed at which it can convert movies on a duo core and the speed increase would be even higher on better processors.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

legacyblade

I use vlc media player. It has the ability to convert media too.

Ryex

true but sometimes the conversion corrupts the video. I've had the happen converting flv's specifically. so I found Winff