[request] Male Elementals

Started by darklight, March 04, 2008, 05:08:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

darklight

Does anyone have any charsets for male versions of the RTP elementals?

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.
I'm also working on the project site - stay tuned for a launch very soon!

Chaze007

hmm leme see if i can make some

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

darklight

Fallen Star, you rock! I can do tile/inanimate object edits, but I dunno about editing little people.

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.

Chaze007

about that..idk if i can get the charserts but i can get the battlers frankley?

darklight

I pulled the original elementals from the RTP:

I hope this helps!

Chaze007

DUDE elementals are really hard to find and edit + i'm not that good im srry :(

darklight

^_^ That's ok, if it was easy I'd do it myself. Well, hopefully someone can do it.

legacyblade

Is this what you're looking for?

legacyblade

Well just in case it is, I finished the elemental, here it is

Vell

you also have to edit the body, you know... also, take a look at the female elemental, her hair looks ablaze, this male one you've created looks like his hair is the color of a fire, but it doesnt look like it is actually a burning flame.

flames are more... wild, crazy, while his hair looks... controlled, subdued, a flame about to be put out by its own weakness... hardly a flame deserving of the title Elemental.

thats just my two cents, my opinion, and I stand behind it firmly.

legacyblade

I thought her hair was flaming as well, untill I zoomed. Her hair is prety much staic. I did this for a competition, and couldn't shade it, (frankencolor competition), so I couldn't chage it to make it look more like fire. I'll see if I can "flame it up" a bit, but in my defense, the female hair moves like regular hair, if it moves at all.

darklight

Hey, thanks LegacyBlade! This is the best use of Arshes I've seen in a long time.  :D

My plan is to use the elementals as part of a pantheon for my project, sort of like Greek mythology. Plus it's something the community can use in their games to complement the RTP female elementals.

Energy point for you! Do you happen to have any of the others? The fire one looks great.

Vell

yeah, because of the style the RP sprites are, but im saying when its standing, it looks firey, of course it isnt animated, the RTP sprites never are really. im saying it LOOKS like a fire... it looks like the hair does as it wants, to me, or somethin...

legacyblade

True, how's the front view on this, it's the best fire I can do

nathmatt

here is 1 credit to LOS i requested 1 a while back its just a fire 1 tho
Spoiler: ShowHide
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

nerissya

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

legacyblade

I'll make the others once I finish my fire guy...which one do you want next.

BTW, what should I put the ice one in, since the female body is wearing a dress.

nerissya

March 06, 2008, 01:32:03 pm #17 Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 01:34:22 pm by nerissya
I am also having 4 elements in my game + shadow, but thats not really an element but something the evil mages get by trading...Theirs souls and stuff. o.O It's mostly for mages and their magic but anyway.. is it ok if use anything posted in this thread to?

legacyblade

Yeah, I made that for you (it was an excuse to do a leet frankencolor), and am working on turning the hair into fire. But you didn't answer my question, what should I put the male ice elemental in, he can't wear that dress...

nerissya

Quote from: legacyblade on March 06, 2008, 01:42:07 pm
Yeah, I made that for you (it was an excuse to do a leet frankencolor), and am working on turning the hair into fire. But you didn't answer my question, what should I put the male ice elemental in, he can't wear that dress...

Are you talking to me? Talk with the OP...

But maybe make it similiar to the fire one but maybe some icy-ish things.. and a light blir color.. i dont know.. =)

legacyblade

Ohy I did it again. For some reason, I thought you opened this thread (maybe because you asked if you could use the resources). I might recolor the flame (sort of), but I think puting him in a robe would work...now for a good robe.

darklight

@nathmatt: That guy definitely looks like a hothead! :D

@nerissya: I'm not sure if your question was to me or to the spriter/s, but my goal is to add more resources for any RMXP developers on this community, though it's up to the spriters on how they want it distributed.

@legacyblade: Thanks again, I really appreciate it! Whichever order is easiest for you; I put the major characters I haven't used yet in a debug room. The only thing I would like to keep consistent is the bottom effect for earth and air (rocks and clouds).

I had a few suggestions for water/ice, but feel free to use your imagination:
Spoiler: ShowHide

The lancer's armor kind of reminds me of ice spikes (without the helm?), and the cleric's robe looks flowy like water. Same with the mage, but without the hood.

You could also maybe use this monster's bottom as a base:

Chaze007

Vell

legacyblade

@darklight, ok, I'll take those into suggestion on the next sprite

@Fallenstar, thanks

@Ultaflame. Good I have your stamp of approval, I'll continue then, XD

Vell

also thats not really a dress, its just lke water flowing at its feet, its a Water Elemental, imo