Previous topic - Next topic

Trider250

Blizzard

It's explained in the instructions.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Blizzard on September 08, 2010, 02:52:16 pm
It's explained in the instructions.

You should just make that an auto-reply to this thread.  :)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

Possibly a good idea. xD Sure, there is no demo, but I explained it really thoroughly in the instructions how to use it, how to set up where the files are located and how it works. :/ If people don't understand relative folder paths (which is, honestly, a very basic thing today), they won't be able to use this. "." means current folder and ".." means parent folder. Folders are separated with "/" characters and that's already it. :/ I really don't understand why it is so hard to get it.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Trider250

too bad this won't work with windows 7 -.- or my computer just doesn't like me.

Blizzard

I am able to run it on Windows 7 x64 without problems.

Trider250

mine is 32-bit so maybe that is why it won't create the folder

Ryex

that would make absolutely no difference. have the game run as administrator. that should fix the problem
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

September 12, 2010, 04:04:04 am #48 Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:34:17 am by Blizzard
As I already said, when you run your client, it does not have the permission to write on your harddisk.

EDIT: My bad, that problem happens when you don't configure the version log file properly.

Anyway, I updated the script a small change. It might help you with the problem.

Trider250

September 12, 2010, 09:11:36 pm #49 Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:18:54 pm by Trider250
:DDDD Thanks you sooo much, that fixed the creation of the tmp folder. It works now :)

EDIT:

Quick Question though, where do we put the files that we want to be update, because I get the error that Data/Map001.rxdata does not exist

Blizzard

Wherever you want. You just need to specify where it is in the extension relatively from the folder where RMX-OS.rb is located.

jrbault

AAARRRGGHHH!!!! I dont know what i'm doing wrong.
my version log looks like this

:file
updates/version2/Data/Actors.rxdata
Actors.rxdata

I created a folder in my rmx-os server folder called updates. In the folder i put another named version2, that has all the files for second "edition" of my game. but i keep getting this error.

Spoiler: ShowHide
H:/Documents and Settings/Jeremy/Desktop/RMX-OS Server/Data/Server.rb:275:in `block in run'
2010-09-13 09:59:23 UTC; -1 () - Error:
No such file or directory -  updates/version2/Data/Actors.rxdata
./Extensions/updater.rb:87:in `initialize'

Blizzard

Are you sure that the file is there? Also, your target location should be Data/Actors.rxdata, not Actors.rxdata.

jrbault

K updated the log file

and this is my path directory for the actors data

H:\Documents and Settings\Jeremy\Desktop\RMX-OS Server\updates\version2\Data

Blizzard

Wait a moment, do you have a space before the filename? It seems to me that the first folder is called " updates" rather than "updates".
I just tested it and it works fine for me.

jrbault

you sir are awesome and i feel kinda retarded. Sorry for all the trouble. thanks again

Blizzard

Lol! Good that I took a really, really good look at the update definition you posted. xD

Trider250

September 13, 2010, 07:47:35 pm #57 Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:52:00 pm by Trider250
dang it, I thought it was fixed, but now I get the error that there is no such file or directory for the RMXP_update folder

and the weirdest part is that I decided to manually put the folder in there, and I get the same error because it deletes the folder :/

Wizered67

I am so close to getting this to work its not even funny. The probelm I'm having now is that whenever I try to update it, it says thats its updating for a while, and then says that scripts.rxdata could not be found. In the script, it mentions that you need to update scripts.rxdata OR game.rgssad which is what I'm updating. I'd really appreciate if you could help me get this to work.
:'(

jrbault

whenever i run my game it gives me the updating message but when its done it pops this up and kicks me off.
Spoiler: ShowHide

The next time i start my game though it starts fine and it has been updated. so its more of an annoyance then a problem.