Bow as Weapon (Blizz-ABS)

Started by Calviin, May 30, 2010, 12:06:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calviin

May 30, 2010, 12:06:05 pm Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:14:37 pm by Calviin
Hello Community

i started to create a bow as a weapon for the Blizz ABS.

Look at this:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Notice that you will need an 400x400_atk graphic to get it work.

After you did, it should looks like that:

Spoiler: ShowHide

lonely_cubone

That's a really nice sprite, actually. I do have a question, though. When the player is facing up or down, why does the bow go sideways? That's not how you shoot a bow. Just wondering :P

SBR*

Quote from: lonely_cubone on May 30, 2010, 12:53:25 pm
That's a really nice sprite, actually. I do have a question, though. When the player is facing up or down, why does the bow go sideways? That's not how you shoot a bow. Just wondering :P

You CAN shoot a bow like that. Female characters in GW shoot like that.

G_G

Actually you don't need a 400x400 attack graphic. It could be a normal one, you just gotta make sure that both sprites are centered.

lonely_cubone

Quote from: SBR* on May 30, 2010, 01:07:39 pm

Technically you can, but it's unusual. It also doesn't make sense to only shoot it that way when you're facing north or south :P

Magus

epic sprite dude. Good thing I don't see Arshes xD
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

SBR*

Quote from: lonely_cubone on May 30, 2010, 10:57:30 pm
Quote from: SBR* on May 30, 2010, 01:07:39 pm

Technically you can, but it's unusual. It also doesn't make sense to only shoot it that way when you're facing north or south :P

It's not unusual, it's just another way of firing your bow. Who wants to always make the same movement when firing a bow, when you can also shoot in different directions? Also, when you're more aiming on the height, it is easier to aim while holding your bow vertically? But about the north/south thing, I guess it just looks cooler. But why not make random sprites :D? Calviin, in case you didn't notice, that was a hint.