Eminweb.com, The Ultimate Game Developement site

Started by legacyblade, March 04, 2008, 10:41:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

March 04, 2008, 10:41:10 pm Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:26:54 pm by legacyblade
Hey everyone, I am bored, so I thought I might as well get my advertisement thread out of the way. I have an RPG making site by name of Eminweb.com, and we have a few members. We're a growing community, so there's not much there at the moment, but in the future, we'll have a large gallery, lots of tutorials and articles, and multiple academy teachers (We have two right now, me on spriting and writing, and Ilia on mapping). We'd start growing if more people joined and started posting. We're all friendly, and happy to chat with everyone, so come on by!

http://eminweb.com

Hope to see you there, and remember, registration is free, so all it takes is a couple minutes of your time.

Starrodkirby86

I'll register in the case that if this forum gets famous, I'll be one of the original people who were there in the beginning. That's what my goal is for every forum...that is, except this one. I'll also check into it as well, and I can write some RPG Maker Tutorials if you like. I actually do have some in my memory stick I wrote months ago. If you want to read it, I'll make it a CP and Eminweb exclusive! :D

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Fantasist

March 05, 2008, 11:34:23 am #2 Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:34:59 am by Fantasist
Ah, SMF! I don't like that color but I'll join sometime :)

Boring Lecture: ShowHide
And legacy, try writing your own tutes. I plan to do the same for my site. There are benifits:
1) You'll have to learn what you're writing a tute on, so it helps you.
2) You can brag about original content for your site. Originality is appreciated everywhere.
3) The pride and satisfaction of doing something for your site is better than posting a tute, even with proper credit.

All this is, of course, assuming you've not already wrote some tutes. This is the reason I didn't post any CP's content on my site. I decided to make original content as much as I can. Since your site is growing pretty well, I thought this might help, sorry if I seemed to preach...
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

legacyblade

@fantasist, you can change the color if you want. Dilber MC allows you to select different color schemes within that theme. there is also the SMF core theme, if you want to use that. Thanks for the advice, but I've already written tutorials. I'm running a spriting academy, and have a few lessons up. I also wrote a basic tut on how to make a certain skill in XAS (mind read skill from golden sun). I also posted a bunch of my resources (even my old frankenspirtes) in the gallery. And to top it off, I made all the smilies from scratch. Again I appreciate the lecture, but I've noticed that too, people go to sites with original content, I helped RMR grow, so I understand how it works

@Kirby, Yeah, it's always nice to be part of the original crowd. The members we have now have been through a few versions of eminweb, and have had to re-register twice (final time). So we've all been there, but you'll be part of the crew in no time, since we don't really have that many members to begin with. If you could write some tuts, that'd be great. I'm always happy for contributions. Thanks for joining BTW, we needed another addition in the topic wave.

Fantasist

Wow, I guess I could take advice from you! (I'm serious)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

legacyblade

Your site is good, but I suggest allowing users to chose a different theme. Other than that, I like what I saw at yours.

back on topic: thanks!

Flermza

legacyblade

thanks for joining, you make a good addition to the forum.

Flermza

Chaze007

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

legacyblade

The spam and forum games it to keep it alive.

@Fallen Star, no it isn't. Your internet is just giving you trouble.

Blulightning

I joined, it;s cool, your sprite tuts helped me loads, keep posting them!! I'm waiting for lesson 3!!

Oh crap it's 90 days old... Well I loves the site anyways~

Starrodkirby86

Eh, don't worry about necroposting. As long as you post some constructive information or good advice/comments, then everything will be forgiven.

I feel very guilty and sad. ._.; I'm neglecting this site for some unknown reason, I don't know why...and I want to come back on here but I don't know why I'm not... ._.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

@Blulightning,  O_O someone actually got use out of the tutorials? well then, time to write lesson 3 :P I'm glad they helped, XD

@Kirby, yes, you should  post more :<_<:

@Blizz, Affiliates would be cool, I need all the visibility I can get for eminweb. Lets talk about it via PM (I'll PM you at lunch time or after school, since I'm already late getting started).

@all, you should really join eminweb :<_<:

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

DeathLock

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

sondex

<br />
A quote: ShowHide
Quote\"I\'d rather be a noob with desire than an expert with no ambition.\" -sondex
<br />I teach music composition, mapping in VX and simple eventing techniques. I have 4 music tutorials now, but after my fifth, I\'ll do a mapping tutorial. If you wanna see some of my lessons, go here: http://www.eminweb.com/forum/index.php?showforum=86