Weapons (Blizz-ABS)

Started by Dweller, June 03, 2010, 04:37:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller

June 03, 2010, 04:37:38 pm Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:22:30 am by Dweller
I'm working on weapons for my game. (adapted and original icons to Blizz-ABS format).

Swords
"La Odiosa": ShowHide

"Steel": ShowHide

"Terra": ShowHide

"Sanguinea": ShowHide

"La Dolorosa": ShowHide

(original, no edit)
"La Vengadora": ShowHide

(original, no edit)
"Caurles": ShowHide

(original, no edit)
"Steel2": ShowHide

"Cutlasses": ShowHide

"Firesword": ShowHide

"Cyclope Sword": ShowHide

"Littledragon Sword": ShowHide

new animation:

Lances
"Lance 1": ShowHide

Maces
"Pilon": ShowHide

"Truncheon": ShowHide

Flails
"Flail": ShowHide

Daggers
(original, no edit)
"Daga Ignea": ShowHide

(original, no edit)
"Kitchen Knife": ShowHide

Staffs
"Duriel Staff": ShowHide
 (original, no edit)

(from WoW Benediction Staff)
"Benediction": ShowHide
 (original, no editfrom WoW Benediction Staff)

(original, no edit)
"Fire Staff": ShowHide

Gunswords
"Gunsword": ShowHide

Axes
(original, no edit)
"Hachona 1": ShowHide

(original, no edit)
"Despiadada": ShowHide

"Niche Pokebattleaxe": ShowHide

"Niche Axe": ShowHide

Other Weapons
(original, no edit)
"Urumi": ShowHide

Projectile Skills
(original, no edit)
"Fire bolt": ShowHide

"Ice lance": ShowHide

Projectile Weapons
Spoiler: ShowHide

- If someone need a weapon to be adapted to Blizz-ABS, just send me the icon.
- Also I´m acepting original weapons request.

(I'll update this post with more weapons)
Dwellercoc

WhiteRose

Good work. Those are quite impressive, especially considering the lack of Blizz-ABS resources that are available.

Spaceman McConaughey

Oh yes, yes they are. Hey, do you think if I gave you some icons, you can make some for me? :)

Silentknight72

Cool, but the slash on the mace doesn't seem right....
Sigs: ShowHide

Dweller

Quote... Hey, do you think if I gave you some icons, you can make some for me?

sure, just send me the icons.

Quotebut the slash on the mace doesn't seem right....

fixed
Dwellercoc

Dweller

I updated the first post with a few more weapons
Dwellercoc

G_G

These are very nice, good job! *level's up*

Dweller

2 new weapons: Fire Staff and a Big Axe (both originals, no edits)
Dwellercoc

Dweller

2 new weapons: New sword, "la Dolorosa" and new dagger.
Dwellercoc

Chaze007

Are you spriting them or resizing?
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Dweller

Quote from: Chaze007 on June 12, 2010, 03:01:59 am
Are you spriting them or resizing?

Some are icon edits and other original stuff.
Dwellercoc

Silentknight72

ya know, the fire stuff doesn't look right.... smudge has a diff. color...... try nother one.... make them quick!

Dweller

added 1 original sword "La Vengadora" and a projectile skill sprite "firebolt".

Quoteya know, the fire stuff doesn't look right.... smudge has a diff. color......

Yes, i`ll fix it in the next days.
Dwellercoc

flrodude

i have a question! i'm kinda a newb to rpg maker xp modding and how the heck do i get this into my game?!

Dweller

You have to use Blizz-ABS script on your game to use this weapons. You can download the script and a help file here :
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,106.0.html
Dwellercoc

Dweller

Dwellercoc

Milo

Those are awesome weapons. are they up for grabs or `non-commercail` use?

Dweller

August 15, 2010, 09:57:57 am #17 Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:15:13 pm by dwellercoc
They are free to use in commercial or not commercial games, but remember that they are on Blizz-ABS format, and this script is under the following license:

QuoteCreative Commons - Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ )

You are free:

to Share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to Remix - to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

Share alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.

- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
Dwellercoc

ShadowPierce

->Hey dweller! Just posted here to tell you that you are free to release any weapon you make for my game. Just don't release the sprites for Wipe's characters... :D

Thanks again for your hard work!!! :haha:

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Dweller

New staff added, Duriel Staff. I add a "little stars" effect to the staff blow. You can see it in this video
Dwellercoc

G_G

Looks nice, but the icon for your axe despiada or something is missing. Only see the attack sprite.

Dweller

Dwellercoc

cyclope

I think you shoud make bows too
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

Dweller

The bows I made fit with my archer that is a special spritesheet with not common dimensions, so they can´t be used on RTP dimension characters. But I can share my projectile weapons sprites that are default dimensions. I upgraded my post with 3 projectiles for archers.
In the future I´ll upload a compatible verion of the bows.
Dwellercoc

ojp2010

Dweller

Dwellercoc

cyclope

Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

Shalaren

refresh then? cause I see them,
I might use these swords, cause im to lazy to make some of my own :V:

Dweller

Quote from: shalaren metropolis on August 29, 2010, 01:26:40 am
I might use these swords, cause im to lazy to make some of my own :V:

If you need a few swords to your game, just search for icons and:

Quote from: dwellercoc on June 03, 2010, 04:37:38 pm
If someone need a weapon to be adapted to Blizz-ABS, just send me the icon.
Dwellercoc

Shalaren

Silentknight72

Dweller

August 30, 2010, 01:26:25 am #31 Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:13:13 am by dwellercoc
added a flail weapon and a projectile skill (Icelance).
Dwellercoc

The Niche

Dweller, I love you.
Alright, I probably won't use this in EWIII, but definitely one of my later games. Essentially, it's a roll of steel with a sword handle. You flick it and it unwinds to about twenty feet and can go through a man no trouble.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Dweller

added a new Axe (Hachona1) on first post

Quote from: The Niche on September 12, 2010, 10:52:28 am
it's a roll of steel with a sword handle. You flick it and it unwinds to about twenty feet and can go through a man no trouble.

ok, so 20 feets (6m) ?
Dwellercoc

The Niche

Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Dweller

Quote from: The Niche on September 12, 2010, 02:41:31 pm
About that yeah.
http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa193/publicvisage/WAR/?action=view&current=Kalari-Urumi.jpg It's the single roll one.

yeah I knew Urumi weapon, but are you sure that you want a 20 feet long?

[WIKI QUOTE]The sword is a flexible band of steel three-quarters to one inch in width, and long enough to reach from the fingertip of one hand to the finger tip of the other hand when the hands are held outstretched (usually about four or five and a half feet)

Dwellercoc

The Niche

Really? 20 foot was how my friend described it to me. I want it to be used as a long range weapon,  but whatever.

Dweller

2 new weapons added on first post:

- a Lance with 2 different attacks
- Urumi weapon (The Niche request).
Dwellercoc

The Niche

Well done. Try doing cutlasses?

Dweller

Quote from: The Niche on September 17, 2010, 04:51:08 pm
Well done. Try doing cutlasses?

Ok, You can choose from one of this icons to be adapted to Blizz-ABS: , or I can make an original one (more time).
Dwellercoc

The Niche

I don't mind, it's not a request just a suggestion, y'know?

Dweller

Quote from: The Niche on September 18, 2010, 08:41:42 am
I don't mind, it's not a request just a suggestion, y'know?

ups I thought it was a request
Dwellercoc

The Niche

XD. I'll be able to come up with loads more if you need ideas.

Dweller

I´m updating this post each time that I made some weapon/projectile for my Blizz-ABS game (or if I have a reques) but ideas are always welcome.
Dwellercoc

Holyrapid

I vote #5, it's so badass looking.

ShadowPierce

Quote from: DesPKP on September 18, 2010, 10:20:22 am
I vote #5, it's so badass looking.
->I second the motion! :xD: Are there any objections?

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

The Niche

Holyrapid

Bored and otherwise pointless objections are ingored brutally.
Also, i have a custim idea. Tomorrow, remind me to tell Dweller tomorrow.

Dweller

Added a new weapon, Cutlasses
Dwellercoc

The Niche

I haven't had a chance to view it illicity, but I'm sure it's fantastic.
New request: Could you do a battle axe,  the despiada one you have there is good, with a pokeball attached to a rope, tied around one of the blades? Posting it publicly is fine.

Dweller

Added a firesword on first post (Metaron request)

Quote from: The Niche on September 19, 2010, 05:07:51 pm
I haven't had a chance to view it illicity, but I'm sure it's fantastic.
New request: Could you do a battle axe,  the despiada one you have there is good, with a pokeball attached to a rope, tied around one of the blades? Posting it publicly is fine.

How long is this rope?
Dwellercoc

The Niche

September 20, 2010, 03:25:34 am #51 Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:26:48 am by The Niche
Good question. three feet maybe?
If you could do a special attack with the ball leaving the rope, that'd be brilliant.

Dweller

September 21, 2010, 01:39:13 am #52 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:11:40 am by Dweller
Done. I recommed you to use animation frames (5,5,5,10) on the weapon (penalty = 25) to see a proper animation.

(weapon added to first post)

Quote from: The Niche on September 20, 2010, 03:25:34 am
If you could do a special attack with the ball leaving the rope, that'd be brilliant.

I´ll work on the special attack now

Dwellercoc

The Niche

September 21, 2010, 08:42:58 am #53 Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 09:37:39 am by The Niche
THanks very much. I forgot to mention the top of the ball should be blue but I can do that myself, so don't worry  :P. I'll upload an anim of Sapphire using it later on.
Edit: Here it is!

@Dweller: What host did you use to upload La Terra?

Holyrapid

September 24, 2010, 04:29:26 am #54 Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 04:31:20 am by DesPKP
Oh right. I never remembered to tell you about my custom idea.
Chaindisk is the name of the game... Blah. Anyway i call the weapon i mind chaindisk. It's pretty much what it sounds like, i disk attached to a disk...
But it's got cerated edges, and it's thrown from the atop of your arm (don't know the proper term... anyway, it's meant to rest on the area from your wrist to your elbow). I'd perefer the right hand, since it's more powerful, usually. The chain should be about two meters (about seven feet) and be attached to something that pulls it back over your arm.

If you need any info, just ask me.

And @Niche, imageshack.us apparently. You could have easily found that out byu yourself. I right-clicked the image and chose copy the image address or something similiar (i use finnish translation of Win7)

Dweller

Quote from: DesPKP on September 24, 2010, 04:29:26 am
But it's got cerated edges, and it's thrown from the atop of your arm (don't know the proper term... anyway, it's meant to rest on the area from your wrist to your elbow). I'd perefer the right hand, since it's more powerful, usually. The chain should be about two meters (about seven feet) and be attached to something that pulls it back over your arm.

Attached to the arm is very specific, so I need the _atk sprite of the character to fit the weapon correctly to his arm. I like the idea of this weapon :).

Quote@Dweller: What host did you use to upload La Terra?

I´m using my imageshack account. Good work on the edit.
Dwellercoc

Holyrapid

I don't have an attack sprite... But it shouldn't be too hard to find one, since i use RTP chars... You don't have to do it, if you don't want to though. This is just an idea...

The Niche

I take it you haven't done attack sprites before. Different templates have different poses.

Holyrapid

Aye, i've seen that they do. But i own none... And am by no means a spriter (at least yet, i should take sometime and practice)

The Niche

Then you're going to need a custom sprite as well. Your best bet is to leave this character till later on when it's more necessary.

Dweller

Quote from: The Niche on September 25, 2010, 01:58:30 pm
Then you're going to need a custom sprite as well. Your best bet is to leave this character till later on when it's more necessary.

Yes at least I need the base sprite of the character.

Is better to think on a less specific weapon if you are not going to use _atk sprites.
Dwellercoc

cyclope

Hi, could you make this into a blizz-abs weapon?
Things I Hate

Dweller

ok, the image is 32x66. You want it on Blizz-ABS format with that size?
Dwellercoc

cyclope

make it the size you think it will look the best
Things I Hate

Dweller

Dwellercoc

cyclope

Things I Hate

Dweller

September 29, 2010, 09:30:06 am #66 Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 05:15:07 pm by Dweller
3 new weapons added:

1- Daggers -> Kitchen Knife
2- Maces -> Truncheon
3- Swords -> Cyclope sword (Cyclope request)
Dwellercoc

cyclope

Quote from: Dweller on September 29, 2010, 09:30:06 am
3 new weapons added:

1- Daggers -> Kitchen Knife
2- Maces -> Truncheon
3- Swords -> Ciclope sword (Ciclope request)

Just one thing its cyclope not ciclope :P
Things I Hate

Dweller

Dwellercoc

The Niche

Dweller, if you want some practice, I've got shitloads of icons you can sprite. Pm me if you want them  :naughty:

Dweller

I´m busy right now, working on a few projects, but if you want I can make a few icons edit for you (but not tons of them ;))
Dwellercoc

The Niche

Not for me, dude. Just for experience.

LiTTleDRAgo

Hi dweller, can you make this into blizz abs weapon too?

Dweller

October 23, 2010, 01:50:24 am #73 Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:52:49 am by Dweller
Littledragon weapon request:

QuoteNot for me, dude. Just for experience.

ah ok I see. One of the project I´m working on use Blizz ABS for example:

[edit] updated first post with littledragon sword rquest.

Dwellercoc

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: Dweller on October 23, 2010, 01:50:24 am
Littledragon weapon request:

QuoteNot for me, dude. Just for experience.

ah ok I see. One of the project I´m working on use Blizz ABS for example:

[edit] updated first post with littledragon sword rquest.

thanks dweller ^^
levels up <3

-----

by the way do you accept request for gun too?

Shotgun: ShowHide

pistol: ShowHide

bazooka: ShowHide

ak47rifle: ShowHide

you don't have to if you're too busy

Dweller

Quoteby the way do you accept request for gun too?

Are you talking about the gun or the projectile_weapon animations?

For the gun animation I need the character spritesheet because if you use the same system as melee weapons the animations looks really bad.
Dwellercoc

LiTTleDRAgo

How about this?
I edited this myself so I'm sorry if it look bad

The Niche

November 20, 2010, 10:26:23 am #77 Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:35:03 am by The Niche
Hey dweller! I love you and stuff! [/suckup]

Ok, I have got a challenge for you. If you can do these well, you deserve...umm, something really good?
Essential: ShowHide

That thing below the staff is supposed to be a wand, not a knife. the urumi/whip thing and the knife just beside it, I don't want done.

Ok, I'm having probs with getting into photobucket at the moment, but I'll update this later.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: The Niche on November 20, 2010, 10:26:23 am
Hey dweller! I love you and stuff! [/suckup]

Ok, I have got a challenge for you. If you can do these well, you deserve...umm, something really good?
Essential: ShowHide

That thing below the staff is supposed to be a wand, not a knife. the urumi/whip thing and the knife just beside it, I don't want done.

Ok, I'm having probs with getting into photobucket at the moment, but I'll update this later.

How old are you again?

The Niche

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: The Niche on November 20, 2010, 12:36:30 pm

No offense but HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The kitchen knife down there was pretty decent, though.

Don't take this too seriously.

I just think your drawing sucks major balls.
:V?

The Niche

Major Balls reporting for duty!
Nah, those are only sketches though, so meh. I have one or two good sketches of other weapons, but those aren't the best. And Dweller, that axe's meant to be two handed. (The one with four blades :L)

Dweller

QuoteAnd Dweller, that axe's meant to be two handed. (The one with four blades :L)

I´ll try it this week.
Dwellercoc

The Niche

Cool, thanks. Did you get mah email?

Dweller

Sorry for the delay time, I´m busy with work and RL stuff.

The Axe have a lot of details and is difficult to draw in RTP size, but here is a try:

Just tell me if it's ok or you want some changes (so I can put it on Blizz-ABS weapon spritesheet).
Dwellercoc

The Niche

That is fucking amazing. Well done, man.

Dweller

Updated first post with The Niche axe request:
Dwellercoc

The Niche

LiTTleDRAgo

hey, dweller,
could you make this sword :

became more animated looking?

like this: ShowHide

Dweller

Sorry Littledragon I ignored your post.

I'll add a few more animations to the sword movement. Hope will be done in a few days.
Dwellercoc

G_G

Wow you've put up a lot of weapons since I last checked this. Nice job!

Dweller

LiTTleDRAgo sword animation change:

(sorry for the delay time LiTTleDRAgo)

Preview (using game_guy Sprite Sheet Animator)
Dwellercoc

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: Dweller on December 22, 2010, 12:21:41 am
LiTTleDRAgo sword animation change:

(sorry for the delay time LiTTleDRAgo)

Preview (using game_guy Sprite Sheet Animator)

thank you very much, it's really good :up:

RoseSkye

Kagutsuchi

This is awesome and all but why are there no shields?
I would appreciate some awesome shields just as much as weapons.

Dweller

Quote from: Kagutsuchi on January 04, 2011, 07:10:50 pm
This is awesome and all but why are there no shields?
I would appreciate some awesome shields just as much as weapons.

You're talking about attacking shield or just a shield pose?
Dwellercoc

Kagutsuchi

Shield pose, I know shield isn't strictly a weapon, and that shields are handled slightly different in blizz abs than weapons, but ffs, I couldn't create pixel art if it was to save my life D= It shouldn't be that hard to make just the shield, and then have people "photoshop" it into their sprites.

The Niche

Actually, shield sprites are fairly easy. Just get the icon, stick it over your sprite appropriately and resize it if necessary. Also, hoping no one notices is quite helpful. (Sorry if I just told everyone your secret, Dweller :L)

Kagutsuchi

Quote from: The Niche on January 05, 2011, 11:55:53 am
Actually, shield sprites are fairly easy. Just get the icon, stick it over your sprite appropriately and resize it if necessary. Also, hoping no one notices is quite helpful. (Sorry if I just told everyone your secret, Dweller :L)

yes yes, but how about when you faces sideways? It doesn't look right to me to have the shield the same direction.

The Niche

Quote from: Kagutsuchi on January 05, 2011, 02:20:03 pm

yes yes, but how about when you faces sideways? It doesn't look right to me to have the shield the same direction.

True, I haven't gotten to that part.  I would reccommend messing around with layers until it works.

Kagutsuchi

Quote from: The Niche on January 05, 2011, 03:39:32 pm
Quote from: Kagutsuchi on January 05, 2011, 02:20:03 pm

True, I haven't gotten to that part.  I would reccommend messing around with layers until it works.

Yeah I do, I mess around with the transformation function in photoshop, but it looks slightly silly :\ I think I should be able to edit some of the shields in the blizz abs rtp topic on page 2 to make them fit.

The Niche

I'm a little scared to try it, what does transform actually do?

Kagutsuchi

Just hit ctrl+t, it allows you to do things such as rotation and streching etc. Also more advanced stuff.

Storm

HOLY SHIT!!
I've been finding this for a long time!!! :D (3 min)
Thanks so much!!! :naughty:
I was working on the game called The Orion.
It would be nice if you can join our small community by sharing a little by little scripts/ideas at The Orion Forum

I am: RPG Maker XP Scripter
Project Working On: The Orion MMORPG Game, visit The Orion Forum for more information!
Visit my: Deviantart

LEVEL ME UP OR ELSE LEVEL ME DOWN, IT'S EASY! XD

Moshan

Is there any program that can do this or I must make them manually?

locowhiteknight

October 26, 2013, 06:50:02 pm #105 Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 06:59:13 pm by locowhiteknight
Hey Dweller,

I've used some of your artwork for templates to make other weapons. I thought I'd post them up here to share with the community. They're not as good as Dweller's, but hopefully somebody might find them useful.

Crossbow

[/URL]

Longbow

Shortbow

Scythe

Catch Pole

Four Prong Staff

Large Club

Grant

Large Hammer

Dragon Tooth

Military Pick

Morning Star

Mace

"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

WhiteRose

Quote from: locowhiteknight on October 26, 2013, 06:50:02 pm

I really like the "exotic" feel of some of these weapons. There are plenty of sword sprites around, but it's a lot harder to find something for a scythe, military pick, or dragon tooth. Great job. :)

locowhiteknight

Thanks! I'm working on fan project right now in RMXP, so I'll probably be posting more weapon sprites here in the near future. I'm glad you liked them.
"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

Calviin

Can someone reupp them please?.. :D