Delete

Started by Geust, June 03, 2010, 09:02:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Geust

June 03, 2010, 09:02:47 pm Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 05:30:56 am by earthnite
Thanks.

Tyril132

Unless I'm misunderstanding your request, that feature is already implemented into the default battle system.

Special attacks are called "Skills," and are accessed via the "Skills" menu.

Are you referring to limiting characters to choosing between a specific number of skills, and locking out all other actions so only those skills and "Run Away" appear as battle options?
Lv. 7 Writer | Lv. 7 Composer | Lv. 7 Mapper | Lv. 4 Eventer | Lv. 0 Scripter | Lv. 1 Spriter
DSC Project Soundtrack
Personality Index:: ShowHide

Tyril132

June 03, 2010, 09:38:35 pm #2 Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:41:13 pm by Tyril132
That is precisely how the default battle system works. To do what you're asking requires no changes to the system at all.

The default "Attack" action is a general physical attack that is modified by the character's Strength and Attack power, and the enemy's physical defense.

"Skills" can have physical and/or elemental properties (such as "Magic," "Fire," or "vs. Undead") These properties are determined on a skill to skill basis. In addition to the elemental tag, skills can be modified by most any attributes (Strength, Dexterity, Agility or Intelligence) or any combination of them that you want. They can also use an SP cost determined by you.

All of this information is explained further in RMXP's included help file. I suggest reading the "Battle Formulas" section.
Lv. 7 Writer | Lv. 7 Composer | Lv. 7 Mapper | Lv. 4 Eventer | Lv. 0 Scripter | Lv. 1 Spriter
DSC Project Soundtrack

Spaceman McConaughey

Then make a skill for each attack. May not be exactly what you're thinking, but it works like a charm. :)

Tyril132

Quoteyes but i have different types of attacks like punch, kick, bite, etc.
they do different amount of damage

QuoteThen make a skill for each attack. May not be exactly what you're thinking, but it works like a charm. Happy

That's exactly how I'd do it, too. This is the normal procedure for how skills are handled in RMXP. For each separate special attack, spell or ability that you want your characters to have, you will need to make a separate skill.

If this still isn't what you want, please try to be as specific as possible by providing an example of the battle options that you want available to your characters (ie: "I want them to only be able to choose skills, run, or items like the pokemon games," or "I want them to have a basic attack, but also a different command for special skills that use SP."

Also... lol @ randomly being rated down.
DSC Project Soundtrack

WhiteRose

Quote from: earthnite on June 09, 2010, 07:45:20 pm
is this even possible

Yes, it's possible. In fact, it would be quite easy. However, scripters are a rare commodity, even here on Chaos Project. They're probably busy with all of the other outstanding requests. Patience, patience.