Changing BlizzABS Controls in-game?

Started by CountVlad, June 03, 2010, 08:53:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CountVlad

I was wondering if anyone knows how to allow the user to change the BlizzABS controls in game, or if it's even possible?
Most games now allow you to change the controls, so it's a nice feature that's been requested and one I'd like to include in my game.

winkio

yes.  Use a script call of the following form:

Input::UP = [Input::Key['T']]

UP is the control, T is the key that will be assigned to it.  You can assign multiple keys to the same control by adding elements to the array.

CountVlad

Blizzard

Remember that you can use the configuration application to configure everything.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

CountVlad

Yeah, I'm using it. It's just that someone asked for the ability for the player to change the controls in-game. I'm not sure I'll include it though because I've got a whole load of shortcut keys I've programmed into other scripts and common events using the methods in BlizzABS as a basis. It would be way too complicated to develop a system that would change all of those and prevent key conflicts as well. I might use it later, though. Maybe if the player state is changed to 'Confused' or something... lol.

Blizzard

NAMKCOR made a script to make that possible, but he never released it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.