Adventure!

Started by Vell, June 12, 2010, 11:28:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

"Don't you think maybe we should wait a while this time, Luta? I'm hungry and this constant attacking is wearing me down," said the voice of a physically young, but otherwise mature girl. Destra didn't want this senseless destruction, but she'd seen that Luta could care about people, too. After all, the older girl had taken care of the blonde-headed child before they'd come to the surface. This place had been a wretched hive of scum and villainy, true, but Destra didn't think anything deserved death.

Though there was certainly a lot of death since Luta went crazy. "No! They all will die, for the terrible cost they've given." The pink-haired one's response caused Destra to sigh, but still she followed Luta through the destroyed remnants of a former city. A few moments passed without either of the two talking. A lot of moments were like this, lately. Awkward, wrong. "Fine. We can eat," Luta muttered, and lowering her voice to a stage whisper said, "freaking girl's going to slow me down."

"Shut up, Luta, I'm still young!" came the faux-furious response. Both shared a laugh, and Luta punched open a door to a mostly destroyed restaurant. The splintering wood crashed against the wall far on the other side of the building. "Yum, food! Om nom nom nom," Destra mimed the act of eating in a humorously exaggerated fashion. Luta just walked in to the back, finding some precooked food. It would be gross, she thought, but they didn't need to eat much to survive.

"Here. Eat."

"Yum."

Later, they stood outside another city. "Luta. I'm tired," Destra's voice was indeed coated with the drawl indicative of a need to sleep. Luta simply nodded, and the two found a simple place to stay the night. As time went on, Destra found herself feeling worse and worse about their situation. She wanted more friends, and she wanted no death. More importantly, she wanted Luta to be the kind person Destra remembered her being. And underground, ten others were starting to awaken.

They would feel a pull. The computer would react swiftly, rushing them through modes of conversation, teaching them the basics of their abilities, giving them their mission. For the first few hours, at least, there would be no thought. Just learning. Mass learning. The computer needed to hurry, hurry. Destra needed the rest of the group, and needed them fast. So, rush, rush. They can learn more on their own, in clashes and in downtime. Just so long as they learned what they absolutely needed.

Silentknight72

June 12, 2010, 11:39:40 am #1 Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:12:50 pm by Silentknight72
Back to the lab, a person in the other room awoke. He had white silver hair, wore a black suit with which was darker than pure darkness, but shone like the sun, illuminating the whole room. another person woke up because of the blinding light, but as soon the other person woke up, the light faded to darkness.....

The man noticed a cold touch with a strange feeling of gravity.
There was a woman with brown hair, her height was much shorter than him...
"Hey~! Who Are you!!! And where are we!?!?!?" a manly shout of a girl's voice.
He Replied, Fate, my name is fate. and you are?
"Brooke!" She replied with a stubborn face.
It's so boring here! Let's go out of this stupid place!

Sigs: ShowHide

WhiteRose

Brooke awoke, still feeling slightly dizzy. Thoughts regarding her mission ricocheted around in her head, combining with all of the other information that had been uploaded into her mind in the last couple hours. She pressed her face into her palms, waiting for her brain to catch up. After a minute, the dizzy feeling began to fade away. She opened her eyes and looked around. She appeared to be in some kind of laboratory. Though she wasn't one to be told what to do, she knew that she had to complete this mission. The first step would be getting out of here. She noticed another man who had just awoken. Perhaps he had the same mission as she. Well, only one way to find out.
"Hey!" she called out. He turned around. "Who are you? Do you know the way out of here?" Her voice had just a hint of an accent in it. British, maybe, or Australian. Curious, considering she had never spoken to another person before; maybe it was simply a nuance from the data uploaded into her brain.
The man's face showed little emotion as he answered only the first question. "Fate. My name is Fate. And you are... ?"
Hmm... there was something about him that was almost attractive, but it could just be the fact that this was the first person of the opposite gender she had ever met... or the first person of any gender, for that matter.
"Brooke," she said, trying to match his emotionless state and failing, ending up coming off as somewhat irritated. Which wasn't entirely incorrect; every minute she spent in here, the mission target was getting further away. "C'mon, then; we can chat on the way if that's what you'd like, but we've got to get outta here." Knowing he would follow, she exited through the first door that caught her eye. It might not be the right way, but she was willing to take her chances.

Fallen Angel X

June 12, 2010, 04:40:16 pm #3 Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 04:45:19 pm by Fallen Angel X
Jordan's PoV:

At first, she had no sense of what was occuring. The first thing she experienced was sound as she heard a latch unlock and the pod she had been in opened. She could suddenly feel her body, her entire body for the first time. Opening her eyes, everything was bright as her eyes adjusted to the newfound world. Her vision finally became clear after several minutes of looking around and she was astonished, yet panicked, by the new sights. She stumbled out of her pod clumsily and fell to the floor. She could move her limbs but she could not co-ordinate them well yet. She breathed heavily as her mind experienced pain for the first time and she uttered an ouch automatically. She forced herself up and moved around the room she was in and spotted a mirror. She looked at its reflection and information stored deep into her mind clicked. She saw herself in a black gi, her dark reddish hair, and her red and blue eyes. Her body suddenly responded to her will more easily and she found a door. She opened it to find a man in a suit standing there.

Quote from:  ???Hello there. Who are you?

He smiled but yet it did no good in comforting her. It was eerie. She studied the man, he had brown hair, a blue suit, and a long handsome face. Yet his smile left a disturbing impression.

Quote from: JordanThe name's Jordan. You're one freaky assed guy, y'know that?

Justin's PoV:

He was awake. The first time he was truly awake. The information he had been created with had already been taken in by his consciousness. He was nervous but he made a grin to help comfort himself. He stepped out of the room and really began taking everything in. Suddenly, a figure entered.

Quote from: JustinHello there. Who are you?

Quote from: ???The name's Jordan. You're one freaky assed guy, y'know that?

He couldn't help but smile. He began to think a bit more. There were 3 doors in the room. It seemed as though the building layout had a circle of rooms and a central room. Given that, he guided Jordan and himself to one of the doors and found his way into a central chamber with another 2 figures.

Quote from: JustinHello, hello. Seems like everyone's waking up now, no?

Subsonic_Noise

On the other side of the room, Vael woke up. Despite to his eyes, everything remained dark, he noticed there where several other people in the room.
Quite a bit away from him, he noticed two other humans talking. They could have been allies, but it was possible that they where enemies as well, so Vael didn't move. He doubted that they noticed  him, as they did quite a bit of noise, but to make sure, Vael stopped any sound he would create from being heard by them.
Slowly, Vael stood up, closely listening to the echoes of his steps and the voices of the two other persons, who now seemed to have noticed each other. Judging from what he could hear, the room was quite large - though it was filled with bookshelfs, tables, and what seemed to be some kind of beds.
While listening to the conversation of the two, who appeared to be a male and a female, Vael noticed the rooms odd shape - it was circular and had exits to four different directions, so whereever he was seemed to be the center of the building.
Suddenly, one of the doors opened, and another two persons came in and walked towards the first two.
Since the four of them seemed to be as confused as him, Vael decided to speak to them, though he remained where he was - there was no need to show himself yet. Instead, he made his voice come from directly next their ears, just a barely noticable whisper;

"How will we get out of here?"

WhiteRose

The voice seemingly right next to her caught her by surprise. Brooke spun around, but no one was there.
"What the... ?" She tried to regain her composure by answering the question it had asked as smoothly as possible.
"No idea, but if ya'd come out and show yourself, maybe we can work together and find somethin'."

Subsonic_Noise

A cold smile appeared on Nathanael's face. He expected his little trick to scare them a bit, but it seemed like this wasn't as easy as he thought it would be. Seemed like he underestimated them, expecially that girl, who was the first one who seemed to have recovered from the shock.
He took a few steps towards them, still killing off every little noise he produced.
"I'm right over here", he said, this time making his voice come from the opposite side of the room.
As they quickly turned their heads around, Nathanael walked up to the group, stopping directly behind them.
"What are you looking for?"

WhiteRose

Though he seemed like a slippery character, the information the computer had placed in Brooke's brain somehow let her know that he was not a threat. She knew she could trust him. Still, she didn't want him to catch onto her so quickly. She scowled and adjusted her hat.
"An exit, stupid. I'm guessing that gettin' out of here'll be the first test of our abilities - a trial run of sorts. We're probably all going to have to work together not only to get out, but to catch them. You do know about the mission, right?"

Silentknight72

June 13, 2010, 12:09:27 am #8 Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 05:45:46 am by Silentknight72
Fate:"What Mission?
Brooke:Are you stupid? Don't you know it?
Fate:Well, let's talk about it later. We need to find other people and get out of here.
Jordan And Justin:We'll split up.
So they went to find people just awakened like them.

At the other room, Brooke found a girl.

???:My Eyes really hurt.
Brooke:Hey Fate! I found someone!
Fate:Hey, What's your name?
???: .........................
???:My N...Name? ..............
???:....R...R-Reiko!
Brooke:Any people who woke up other than you in this room?
Reiko:I dunno.....
Fate:Let's tell the others we found someone.
Brooke:Kay.
Fate(telepathy):Guys, we found a girl.
SFX: Running, Echoes
Nath:White-haired guy. Hey.
Fate(telepathy):What?
Nath:You better come back.... there are more of us around.
Nath:They're gone.
Fate noticed someone walking from the other room.

Fallen Angel X

Justin walked quietly, looking around for people. It didn't seem like he'd find anyone here though. He did observe his environment in the meantime. Jordan, the girl he just met looked uneasy and a bit nervous. He didn't blame her. He wanted to calm her down but the words eluded him. Perhaps small talk can lighten up the mood, he figured.

Quote from: JustinJordan, right? I don't think I introduced myself yet. Name's Justin. Know your power by any chance?

Quote from: JordanYeah. It just came to me after all the computer's information began to boot up... Hey, our mission is to capture some people right? I wonder, why did everything go wrong? Why do we have to fight? It's not really fair.

Quote from: JustinNo kidding. It's a pretty stupid situation. But we have to fight, y'know? Otherwise, they might attack us later. Our main role is survival. Capturing or killing them just lets us survive so much more easier. So think, wouldn't it be easier to do that if human society provides a distraction for us? But let's keep off this subject. Let's find a way out.

Justin grabbed a pebble from the floor. He held it in his palm and made a fist. He concentrated for a moment and opened his fist, only for the pebble to be gone. It fell down from the ceiling to his hair. Jordan saw this and began to giggle. She was laughing atleast. He placed his hand on a brick and teleported it to the floor. There was dirt behind it. That confirmed they were underground.

Silentknight72

June 13, 2010, 09:23:28 am #10 Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:45:08 am by Silentknight72
Fate:Brooke, Be prepared, We've got an enemy.
Brooke:Hey Stupid, Are you sure it's an enemy? don't hurt it with your flame echolocation.
Fate:I know.
as they wait for the enemy,it turned out to be Jordan and Justin.

Fallen Angel X

Justin, upon seeing the figures ahead, grabbed Jordan's arm. In a flash, they appeared behind the figures.

Quote from: JustinEllo, ello. Well, if it ain't the nice couple we saw earlier. Any luck? Oh, by the by, I never caught your names. Enlighten me?

winkio

Chris's eyes finally opened.  He clambered out of his chamber, and slipped immediately to the ground.  Lying on his back, he breathed in deeply, drawing an immense electric charge into his body.  Ah, that felt so nice, so familiar, so full of energy.

Patrick's first sight was a small blond man on the floor in front of him.  The man's eyes were closed, and he seemed to be in some sort of erotic dream.  Oh yeah, and there were sparks flying all around his body.  Well, there's no way this guy is the enemy.  Better go see if he has met any of the others.  Patrick swung out of his cell and barked

Quote from: Patrickhey human sparkler, not that I wasn't enjoying the free show, but I don't even know your name yet.

Chris's attention snapped to a gargantuan man standing above him.  Hm, human sparkler eh?  Chris drew up even more electricity to his body and focused it all into his right hand, slowly standing up.

Quote from: ChrisMy name is Chris Sikes.

And on saying Sikes, Chris clapped his left hand to his right, creating a small lightning bolt and an impressively large thunderclap.

Quote from: PatrickPLEASURE TO MAKE YOUR ACQUAINTANCE.

Patricks ears were still ringing from the thunder.  And he noticed that Chris's hands were smoking.
Quote from: PatrickMy name is Patrick.  I'm guessing you have some idea of what I'm capable of.

he said, raising an eyebrow.
Quote from: ChrisYeah, I bet you eat a TON!

he said with a wink.
Quote from: ChrisWhile I would love to see you benchpress the building (I'm quite sure you could), we should probably go find the others.

Patrick followed silently.  He was caught completely off guard by the fact that Chris seemed unimpressed by his sheer size and strength.  This itself didn't make sense, because Patrick was always a lone ranger; why should he care what anyone thinks of him?  Hm, he will have to wait a bit longer and see how this develops.

Lobstrosity

Ligake's eyes flew open. He felt as though he had awoken from a long dream. Ligake felt cold metal, he seemed to be on the floor of a laboratory. He briefly scanned the area around him with his eyes. Behind him, he saw a strange pod.

Did I just come out of that thing? Ligake asked himself as he stumbled to his feet.

Even though his eyes had instantly adjusted to his surroundings, all still seemed dark. He somehow knew the room was quite large, just be staring into the darkness. He hear whispering. There were others in the room with him.

"Hello?" Came a shaky voice in the darkness. The sudden sound of someone made him jump, looking in the direction the voice was coming from.
"Who's there?" The same voice asked again. Ligake knew that someone was talking to him but he just didn't know how to reply.

He thought about revealing his identity, but then thought otherwise. Still, he felt he could trust this person whoever they were.

"I don't know." Ligake replied, saying the only words that came to mind. "Who are you?"
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

WhiteRose

June 13, 2010, 11:59:29 pm #14 Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:35:42 am by WhiteRose
Brooke had had about enough of people appearing behind her, but she managed to contain her frustration for the time being.
"Right, first off, we are not a couple. Secondly, my name's Brooke. This is Fate. As I was saying, we're going to need to work toge-"
She stopped as she heard voices from a nearby room. It sounded like two males. She jumped a little at the sound of a loud thunderclap.
"What the...." she trailed off, trying to catch a sound of the voices, who had started talking again. Yet again, she was unable to catch any of the conversation.
"Sounds like a couple of the others 'ave woken up as well. C'mon, let's go take a look." She started off in the direction of the voices, not checking back to see if they others were following.

EDIT: Fixed a mistake in my punctuation; I can't start getting sloppy just because this is an RP thread, now can I?

Fallen Angel X

Quote from: JordanAren't you impertinent. And how can you be so reckless?! Can I even feel safe with you around? Look, we just heard powers activating. One of our protocols was called up and that's why we're awake. That protocol is to subdue the people who've gone wack. How do we know the guys you're heading to aren't crazy?! And you just go rushing in by yourself... Gah, and YOU were the one talking about working together.

Jordan was moving her arms in a frantic and exasperated manner. She had just awoken, was terribly nervous, and knew that sooner or later she would have to fight. For her, it felt more of a release to just yell at Brooke but she suddenly felt guilty about it.

Quote from: JordanI'm sorry. I didn't mean to just start yelling. I'm just really on edge right now. Just don't go rushing ahead by yourself?

Justin watched in embarassment but continued to smile anyways. He figured they should get out. But how? He could only go teleport to places he's seen before and were within his power's radius. He didn't know how anything looked outside. And yet, thinking about all this made him even more curious. For a brief second his smiled dropped but then he quickly put the grin back on.

Quote from: JustinWell, now that you've got that off your chest Jordan, let's keep moving forward?

winkio

Quote from: PatrickWait a minute,  after that thunderclap you just made, I'm sure the others would be coming to the room we woke up in.  Why don't we just wait there for them?

It had just occurred to Patrick, and he was sure it had occurred to Chris as well.  Why was it that they were keeping moving?  Perhaps Chris really was part of the rogue unit...

Quote from: ChrisDon't worry, we will meet them soon, but we need to locate some supplies first.  I stored a few ... "personal" items in a locker before hibernation, and I think they will become important sooner rather than later.

At the end of the corridor, Chris stopped in place, and looked at the ceiling.

Quote from: ChrisAh, the magnetic seal held, I guess we didn't experience too many electrical storms while I was unconscious.

Patrick looked up.  All he saw were the pipes that had been running along the whole length corridor.  As he watched, a section one of the pipes flew off the ceiling and fell into Chris's outstretched hand.  He turned it vertically and pulled out a glinting pair of metal nunchucks and a small pouch.

Quote from: PatrickImpressive little "locker" you have there.  Hopefully you have something a bit bigger with your other items?  You can't possibly expect nunchucks and fairy dust to win you a fight.

Chris ran his hand along the empty pipe and then tossed it back at the ceiling, where it stuck in place, just as before.

Quote from: ChrisIt's not fairy dust, it's neodymium.  Magnet powder.  And you would be surprised at how useful these two items are.  See?

Chris took a pinch of the silver powder into his hand.  It instantly formed itself into a small key.  He tossed it to Patrick.

Quote from: PatrickA key?  Couldn't you have made a huge hammer or something?

Quote from: ChrisIt's only stable in small amounts.  It does work well as a coating on larger objects though.

Chris held out his hand and the key flew back to him.  He stuffed it back in the pouch.

Quote from: PatrickWell, if you are done with your magic show, can we head back now?  We need to find the others before the enemy finds us.

Quote from: ChrisMy thoughts exactly.

Fallen Angel X

Quote from: JordanAh, there's no one here! Am I just going crazy?!

She surveyed the room and noticed two open and empty pods. She scratched her head and tried to make out what happened.

Quote from: JustinFate and Brooke, right? Any of you wake up in this room?

He knew the answer already but decided to ask anyways. When they were approaching, he could hear footsteps in the distance. Given their loudness, it was probably a person large in size or stomping madly around. It was probably the former but both were plausible.

Quote from: JordanOh, so you were thinking that too, huh? I don't know, I'm pretty sure I heard thunder in this area. Any of you two able to manipulate electricity in any way?

Quote from: JustinNo, it couldn't be them. They were with us when we heard that. Huh, guess that rules out the possibility of these pods belonging to them. So, what should we do?

Quote from: JordanWe should go after them, right? It could be the rogues. Maybe we can go look for more people? Either way, staying here isn't a good idea, is it? We don't even know if they're coming back. Well, it's up to you guys.

Jordan wasn't sure. Maybe the two lovebirds, Fate and Brooke would think of something. She still felt uncomfortable about the situation. Things were pretty simple just sleeping in the pods....

WhiteRose

"This is retarded. Enemy or not, I'm sick of this. I'd rather just fight than keep chasin' them all over the whole bloody building." She drew a large breath, and, before anyone could stop her, yelled at the top of her lungs, "HEY! WHOEVER YOU ARE, WE'RE WAITIN' FOR YOU IN THE ROOM WITH THE PODS! I'M SICK OF WAITIN', SO HURRY UP AND GET IN HERE!" Her allies looked slightly shocked at her complete and total lack of caution. She smiled smugly and waited. Finally, things were about to get interesting.

Vell

The computer beeped to life. Everyone's attention was drawn to its many monitors. Instructions flashed across them, leading the people into a specific room. There were no pods in this room, nor were there anything but tables and about the hugest wall-monitor ever. On it were the details of the mission: Destra and Luta had gone missing. Though the group was awake for the very first time ever, and Luta and Destra had been awake for a fairly long time, the Leader-Unit wanted the group to head out and bring these two back. Luta would resist, and Destra wouldn't allow any harm to come to Luta. It would be best to assume both would be hostile.

The screen also had a list of things to look out for:

Luta can sense when the group is nearing, even if they are lone.
DO NOT ENGAGE ALONE.
Luta is also able to sense when an ability is being used, and is skilled at deciphering what it is being used for.
DO NOT ENGAGE ALONE.
This does not apply to Destra.
DO NOT ENGAGE ALONE.
Destra is capable of manipulating anything technological or metal.
DO NOT ENGAGE ALONE.
Luta uses knives for close ranged combat, and is handy with her pistols.
DO NOT ENGAGE ALONE.
Luta's designation is 'The Police.' She is designed to handle more than a few of you at once.
DO. NOT. ENGAGE. ALONE.

winkio

Quote from: PatrickWell, looks like we're a little late to the party.  I am Patrick

Quote from: Chrisand I'm Chris

WhiteRose

"Nice to meet ya all. I'm Brooke," said Brooke in way of introduction. "Well, with that out of the way, we're going to have to get of here, first off, and then find Luta and Destra and take'em down. We'll have to try to avoid using our powers as much as possible, 'cause they can sense it and will use it to find us. Hmm, maybe we could draw them into a trap using our powers as bait.... Nah, they probably wouldn't fall for that."

winkio

"I say we engage them head-on, there's no way they will be able to deal with all our combined strength" said Patrick.  "Good idea" said Chris, "but we have to do it defensively.  We don't want to activate Destra's full wrath, which means that we have to subdue them as cleanly as possible."

Fallen Angel X

Quote from: JustinHead-on is nice and all but we should consider that people are still alive. Our powers might end up hurting people if we fight in a populated area. It'd be nice to have an advantage as well. We could also settle for divide and conquer. Maybe...

An idea came to him but he dismissed it quickly due to the danger involved.

Silentknight72

Fate:Let's lure Luta or Destra out so they get separated and kill one of them first.

winkio

Quote from: PatrickComputer, do we have any information on the whereabouts of Luta and Destra?

Silentknight72

Fate:Nah, don't use that obsolete computer, I'll just use my echolocation to find them and I'll lure Luta into trap. kay?

Vell

The computer's screen flashed and the information displayed changed:

The targets are resting in a city. Following their pattern, the party will be capable of initial combat within a week, if maximum haste is given to finding the targets.

Be wary of your sense of self. Leader-unit is designed to expand.

Caution is advised. Keep egos at the lab when you leave.

WhiteRose

"Alright then," said Brooke. "I say we follow the computer's advice and follow after them. With Fate's echolocation, we should at least be able to find which city they're staying in. Looks like it's time to leave the lab behind. Everyone grab what you need, and let's head out."

winkio

"Echolocation?  Are you kidding me?  You'd need a mach 5 sonic boom to find them if they are a week away" said Chris.  "We need a quick method of transport.  Does anybody have any vehicles?"

"We could always take some from the nearby town." said Patrick.

WhiteRose

Quote from: winkio on June 18, 2010, 08:15:13 pm
"Echolocation?  Are you kidding me?  You'd need a mach 5 sonic boom to find them if they are a week away" said Chris.  "We need a quick method of transport.  Does anybody have any vehicles?"

"We could always take some from the nearby town." said Patrick.

"Traveling a multiple vehicles would probably draw unnecessary attention to us; wouldn't it be better if we found something that could seat us all?"

winkio

"I don't follow" said Patrick.  "Wouldn't multiple vehicles be better?"

WhiteRose

Quote from: winkio on June 18, 2010, 08:27:58 pm
"I don't follow" said Patrick.  "Wouldn't multiple vehicles be better?"

Brooke shrugged. "If someone sees a pack of vehicles all going to the same destination, it'll attract more attention than if we were all together, or at least, that's what I'd guess would happen. I'm not the logical thinker of the group of anythin', though, so I'm fine just following your idea. Just though I'd give my input, is all."

Silentknight72

Fate:I'll Go first. Brooke, You can make mechanical things right? Chris, You supply energy.

Fallen Angel X

Quote from: JustinEh, vehicles? Never really liked em. I'll stick to teleporting. There's 10 of us... So, grab two four seated car?

Quote from: JordanThat'd only be eight people. You're teleporting so we need to seat nine. Unless you're bringing someone with you?

Quote from: JustinYup. That's my plan anyways. Chances are I'll be ahead in terms of speed. That'll mean I'd get a scouting opportunity. So, anyone tagging along or should I just grab Jordan here with me.

He winked at Jordan as he finished his sentence. Jordan couldn't help but feel a creepy vibe. It didn't help that Justin smiled almost all the time. 

WhiteRose

June 18, 2010, 11:36:32 pm #35 Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:38:00 pm by WhiteRose
Brooke raised an eyebrow. "Do you really need someone to come with you? Won't that limit your teleporting ability or something? Besides, if Jordan stays here, than whe- I mean, IF you get caught alone, only one of us will be dead instead of two. Actually, I'm not sure it's safe for you to go off on your own like that; Luta can detect when we use our powers, and if you're usin' yours to scout ahead of the group, it seems a mite dangerous to me. But it's your call, I suppose."

She turned to Fate. "Yeah, I can make something. I'm not sure how long I can hold it, though, especially if it's somethin' big. What did you have in mind?"

winkio

"Take Fate.  It's important that you don't get into trouble, and he's the best at detecting."  said Chris.  "And I like the idea of an electric vehicle.  But we need something a little stronger as well."

Patrick swore he saw Chris nod ever so slightly at him, but nobody else seemed to have seen it.

"Oh, and I almost forgot!"  Chris went rushing out of the room, leaving behind an awkward silence.

Lobstrosity

"Who are you?" Ligake asked again, eagerly awaiting an answer.

There was no reply. Only the sound of foot steps becoming fainter and fainter, then, a large screeching mechanical noise.
Ligake reached into the darkness, there was nobody there. The many voices he had heard chattering before ceased. Ligake finally decided it was best to move around, find out what kind of place this was, so he carefully stepped forward. He spread his arms out, so he wouldn't run into anything, and tried to navigate his way around.
After some time, he found what he believed to be a door. Ligake tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge so he tried knocking. Suddenly, a familiar noise rang in his ear and the door opened.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

winkio

"Alright, that's it, I'm sick of waiting here, let's MOVE OUT!" said Patrick.

Fallen Angel X

Quote from: JustinMeh, getting caught? Depends on what you're talking about, don't it? And besides, I'll just teleport on out if anything big happens. If anything, I could bait them into an ambush.  Jordan's just... Insurance. Although I don't mind bringing Fate instead. If you still think I shouldn't, I'll go solo. Just give me your co-ordinates so I can rendezvous with all of you later. Is that fine now?

Justin finished off his last sentence with a big grin. He began to follow behind the group.

WhiteRose

@Ulta: Requesting permission to move to story ahead to when we get out of the laboratory thing and out into the regular world. (We're kind of in a rut, it seems, so this should speed things up a bit.)

Vell

Go for it. But we DO have a discussion thread that this would more properly go in. So that people don't see 'OH, POST! COOL!' and then have their hopes brutally violated and smashed in their nether regions.

Actually, keep posting in here.

WhiteRose

Brooke blinked in the bright light as she stepped out onto the surface. Her eyes adjusted quickly, and she looked around, taking in the scenery. There hadn't been anything like this down in the lab. Oh well; no time to be sappy about it.
"Arrite, I say we get a move on. Every second we wait they're gettin' further away," she said, turning back to the others.

Fallen Angel X

Justin rubbed his eyes. It wasn't as bad as awakening but it was still a bit disorienting. He breathed in the air and relaxed. He felt calm. He looked around and concentrated for a moment. He teleported to the top of a nearby tree.

Quote from: JustinHaha! The view is amazing!

Quote from: JordanYou idiot, we got no time to waste! You heard Brooke, let's go.

Quote from: JustinWell, let's see. They're about a week's worth of travel away. We need transport. Errr, you guys need transport. We're out in the middle of nowhere as far as we know. Civilization could be miles away. So rather than rush off, let's think for a bit? It sure as hell would be great if we could hijack some cars but that would ruin our relations with society, wouldn't it?

Justin thought a bit longer, then, an idea simply came from nowhere.

Quote from: JustinWait, I'm surprised we haven't seen other people besides our group... If anything, wouldn't the military be watching this base for anymore activity? I mean, this place IS the point of origin for their most recent grievance. And not to mention, wouldn't the researchers of the facility think of coming back here to see why they malfunctioned? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if we're being watched right now. Hmm, it's a possibility. So maybe we should atleast keep that in mind.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: NathanaelWell, right now, there seems to be nobody around.. So, do you think we should wait for them? Maybe we could find some vehicicle around here on our own, there should have some here.. It's a military facility after all, and they shouldn't mind us taking one of their cars, should they? ... and you're right, those views are amazing.

He ended his last sentence with a sarcastic tone and a cold smile on his face, turning his head as if he was enjoying the views. Truth to be told, the only reason he noticed that they were outside was the cold, fresh air that was blowing around him and the sounds birds singing - and, very subtle, he noticed a single car passing not too far away.
Quote from: NathanaelThere seems to be somebody around now.

Vell

No, you didn't wake up earlier.

Subsonic_Noise

Also, good job at randomly changing the narrating style, setting, situation, background story and ruining the cliff hanger I set up in my post. This won't work if you don't at least try to fit the flow and rules of the story and those Ulta set up.
I know I'm not a brilliant story teller myself, but at least I try my best, and the way you do this completely destroys this RP for me.

Fallen Angel X

I'm sorry but was that referring to me? If so I apologize but I don't quite understand by what you mean?

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Fallen Angel X on July 19, 2010, 10:47:04 am
I'm sorry but was that referring to me? If so I apologize but I don't quite understand by what you mean?

You're alright xD No, I actually liked your parts. I was referring to Silentknight72, who deleted his post (which he already did many times before instead of actually reacting tp critique).

Silentknight72

July 20, 2010, 03:44:03 am #49 Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:46:03 am by Silentknight72
That's What You Call:

Spoiler: ShowHide

EPIC FAIL

@Whiterose: I have failed now, too. So, were even....  :'(

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Silentknight72 on July 20, 2010, 03:44:03 am
That's What You Call:

Spoiler: ShowHide

EPIC FAIL

Uhm.. you do know you're the oe who failed here, right?

Silentknight72

I don't know.....

Maybe Because of Sleepiness....

Fallen Angel X

Justin quickly reacted to Nathan's last sentence. From the treetop, he surveyed the area around them, looking for this person that Nathanael detected. He spotted along the road a 4 seat car. The road was within his radius of teleportation but he didn't want to risk anything stupid. He teleported slightly away from the road ahead of the car and ran at it with waving arms. He figured that no human would be aggressive to them for now as long as they don't do too many reckless things.

He continued to wave but the car passed him by. If it kept travelling, he'd be forced to let it go or apprehend the car.