A proposition...

Started by jayje, June 22, 2010, 09:55:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jayje

have this idea for a PvP system that can be made for RMXP. i have the event system pretty much all worked out in my head(see below).

This is a rough mock up of the general idea of the system(OPPONENT will be used to identify the other computer your connected to):

(Event side)

Setting variables for Your enemy party's stats and the OPPONENT's hero party(i.e. variable[enemyhp] = to variable[opp.herohp])

Adjusting OPPONENT's hero party stat to reflect those inflicted on Your enemies.

A variable for keeping score.

A set of switches for whatever various battle events that may be included.

(Scripting side)

Changing your enemy party's skill to those of the OPPONENT's hero party's skill sets(this includes when the OPPONENT chooses a skil[ie 'Heal'] your enemy uses said skill)

Ability to quit battle (via the 'Run' command in the party)

what i'm looking for a scripter parther to work on this WITH(operative word) me not FOR me. someone who wil connect with me and knock out the kinks of the system to make it as perfect as possible.

yes i know the blizzard made a script that can do something similar to this but i'm looking for something a bit more simplistic.
i found a version of Netplay we could use. but if there is a better system of connection the let me know.

NOTE: this will be a COLLABORATIVE effort on both our parts with full credit given. I'd really like to get the help of a dedicated scripter for this, so if your serious about making something pretty effin cool, please reply.

Wizered67

Intresting idea! I actually had this same idea....

WhiteRose

Are you planning on connecting the two via a client server relationship similar to RMXOS, or are you planning on having them connect directly to each other?

jayje

June 23, 2010, 05:44:20 am #3 Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:46:54 am by jayje
well i don't know RMXPOS that well. i had originally asked if there was a more stripped down version but got a definitive 'no' in that department. i found a copy of net play(2.0 server and client) so i thought of using a modded version of that.

jayje

in case anyone is wondering, i want to keep it simple by just connecting two computers to cut down on lag(some folks on other forums have brought this up). also it'll be turn based if possible 8)