Darklight Resources

Started by darklight, March 07, 2008, 02:17:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

darklight

March 07, 2008, 02:17:28 pm Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:06:11 am by darklight
I'm opening this thread to share my own resources with this community. ;D CP is the only community I'm posting this on, but if you're active on other forums feel free to link back to this post. I thought about releasing them after releasing my project, but that's going to take awhile, and I figured you guys could use 'em now.

Suggestions are welcome and I can try, but I'm not a professional spriter so don't expect much. :P

Switches - I'm not a fan of most of the RTP switches, so I made some!
switches: ShowHide

I was wondering why Enterbrain only had a switch in the up position in the tileset, and then I realized while making this that it was actually a hammer... lol

Not mine, but if you know who made it I can give them credit.

Orb switch ripped from Secret of Mana

Skull switch re-created from Secret of Mana; different variations are to match the different cave walls with a little hue change; if you want a creepy laugh to go with this switch use the System10 SE with the pitch at 50%.

16 Orbs: ShowHide

requested by nathmatt

NEW!

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.
I'm also working on the project site - stay tuned for a launch very soon!

Chaze007

March 07, 2008, 02:44:44 pm #1 Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 03:14:27 pm by Fallen Star
these are nice,Permission to use them?
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

darklight

March 07, 2008, 04:23:40 pm #2 Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 02:18:59 pm by darklight
Of course! Post some screenies or a demo or something when you're done so we can all check it out.

Power ups don't hurt, either.  ;)

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.

shdwlink1993

These are pretty neat! And about the orb statue thingy, I have that, and the filename is Org-ObjectC01. Since there are several Org- files there, i'd say it's a fair guess that that's his name. Or an abbreviation of it.

Once again, cool.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Calintz

Your switches are quite nice!

darklight

Thanks guys! I have some more to put up, I just hate how slow photobucket is. I'm gonna upload them as soon as I'm done editing my version of the ultimate tileset. If Arramon's is twice as big as Inq's ultimate tileset, mine's twice as big as Arramon's. ;)

Calintz

Lol, but that makes the tileset unpractical.

darklight

I dunno - for me, it makes it more flexible, especially with the number of objects that are available. I can combine tilesets (town + caveset = underground city!) without having to set the passabilities for each one. The ubermerged tileset is mainly for my own project, but I'm just making it available to whoever wants it. I have to admit I got sick of merging though :P

Also, I added a new resource (shields) in the first post.

Calintz

The top row are fantastic!!

Phasedscar

yeah, all the shields are quite nice.

I'll be honest though, I don't really care for ripped or copied images from other games.  But that's more of a personal thing, since I want a totally unique look and feel to my own game.  Either way you've done an awesome job.

Power up!
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Sally

o cool, i like the shields and switches.. orbs are kinda nice, i dont like all of the colors most of them i do. the dark ones dont look good. but power up.