[RESOLVED] Side Scrolling RPG

Started by Basedeath, March 07, 2008, 02:23:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Basedeath

March 07, 2008, 02:23:36 pm Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 09:51:23 pm by Blizzard
IM trying to make a side scrolling RPG on RPG maker 2003... and im having a problem trying to make a fire trap.. that does damage when it hits the hero...

First off the even, Fire1 i had set to move up 5 spaces then wait 5. seconds and then move back down.. even this is not working.. as the move up command as i understood it was only supposed to move the event one tile per move command... but this is not how its acting.. it keeps moving up untill its gone off the screen.. but the move command seems to work fine.. on the hero sprite.. i dont know if its because i have the event set on parrelel process.. but its really frustrating..

And the more difficult problem.. When the fire crosses paths with the hero i want ten damage to be dealt.. once.. So i used a common event to set two variables.. Hero map ID & fire1 map ID Then with the fire i put a conditional branch command.. that said 
IF variable Fire1 map iD is = to hero map id
Then -10 HP to party..
while if they are not equal i have it set to do nothing..
Yet as soon as i start the map it begins taking HP and keeps doing it untill it kills off the party... if any one could help i would appreaciate it..

Juan

To set a fire trap make an event and make it player touch. And use a local switch. use change damage to decreshse the first party member. If you want I can show you the evenit
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Nortos

not player touch event touch, as player touch would require you to move into it, I'm not sure but does 2003 have event touch?

Spoofus

yes i am pretty sure 2003 has event touch..but i could be wrong though

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Galatea

can you make it work on rmXP?

Nortos