Back! MySQL trouble...

Started by SBR*, June 28, 2010, 11:29:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SBR*

Hello all!

I'm back again after... what?... three - or four - weeks!  So I decided to celebrate this great happening and shoot you all! Oh, wait, wrong text. Ahum: So I decided to celebrate this great happening and shoot wolfspirit! I'm also wanting to take up my RMX-OS game again. I still can't do anything, since my computer just disagrees with me wanting to use MySQL. Whenever I try to do it, I get an error - this error to be exact:

Error: ShowHide
Error Nr. 1045
Access denied for user 'root@localhost' (using password: YES)

And sometimes I get a different error, something likes this:

Error: ShowHide
Host 'localhost' is not allowed to connect to the server

These errors occur whenever I try to do ANYTHING with MySQL: from configurating to using the configuration file thingy from RMX-OS.

I've tried to look it up on the internet, and I found something: I first had to stop the program from running, then I had to go to a prompt, enter alot of things, and then I had to run it again. That's where it didn't work again: I wasn't able to start it.

I hope you can help me out :D! Cya all :urgh:!

P.S. I figured that this isn't a problem with the script, so I thought this would be the right place :D.

SBR*

Sase

Propably your firewall disabling MySQL connection.

I googled it and here's the most promising results I found (actually the first two).
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?11,39440,62685
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?11,39440,368585#msg-368585

WhiteRose

If I remember correctly, someone had a similar issue a while back. To solve it, they had to uninstall MySQL, including manual deletion of the database files, and then reinstall it, and the problem disappeared.

SBR*

The database files? So in the map? I think I've tried that.

@Sase: I'm getting a strange error when I try to do the second one. It was a while ago, but it couldn't find my.ini.

WhiteRose

No, I mean the SQL database files, not the database in your game. This looks like an SQL error, not an RMXP error.

SBR*

July 06, 2010, 01:43:32 pm #6 Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:24:24 pm by SBR*
Yes, that's what I meant with 'the map'. Sorry if I was unclear, it was a long night. But I've slept now :D.

EDIT: Didn't work :'(.

SBR*

It has been a while since the last time there has been posted in this thread, and I have to work on REMEXOS too, but I still want this to be solved :P. So:

BUMP!

BTW, it happens when 'applying the security settings'...