[XP] Zer0 CMS

Started by ForeverZer0, July 06, 2010, 09:30:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Holyrapid

This looks great. I'm definately using this in my game. Nice job Zer0!

bboyd93

I have all the requirements fulfilled, but when I try to change the font or windowskin under the options menu in game, I get errors on lines
870, or 862 respectively.

The error are taking place in the CMS scripts itself, saying "undefined method '+' for nil:NilClass"

Being that I'm not a scripter, I have no idea what this means  I have the fonts in a Fonts folder under Data.  As of now, it only has the fonts from the demo installed.  Ultimate Font Override is enabled, as well as the Auto Font installer.

And I don't have any idea why the Windowskins won't work.

Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Jragyn

Isn't there an array you has to add the names of the windowskins to if your adding your own windowskins?
I had an error similer to that, but it only happened because it was trying to change to a windowskin I didn't have, ie: the ones that zer0 listed himself in the script. Same with the fonts, too.

# These are the available windowskins that your game begins with.
  Windowskins = ['Black', 'Thorns', 'Simple Line']      <---- You has to replace this with your windowskin names.

# Available fonts that are available at the start of the game.
  Fonts = ['Calibri', 'Times New Roman', 'Tahoma']    <---- You has to change this with your font names.

A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

bboyd93

I just figured it out, thanks though.

ForeverZer0

Was it an error with the script, or just something you were overlooking?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

rlm1000

Ok I think i found a bug in the demo. I went to the equip screen and set the equipment for the first character, then went to do the same with the second character, and got this message:

Script 'Zer0_CMS' Line 2335: NoMethodError Occurred
undefined method 'eva' for #<RPG::Weapon:0x93962c8>

And when i copy the scripts from the demo to my own game, changing the windowskins always crashes the game, saying there's a error with this message:

Script 'Zer0_CMS' Line 862: NoMethodError Occurred
undefined method '+' for nil:NilClass

idler

September 10, 2010, 09:55:50 pm #46 Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 05:40:22 pm by idler
Quote from: rlm1000 on September 10, 2010, 04:42:38 pm
Ok I think i found a bug in the demo. I went to the equip screen and set the equipment for the first character, then went to do the same with the second character, and got this message:

Script 'Zer0_CMS' Line 2335: NoMethodError Occurred
undefined method 'eva' for #<RPG::Weapon:0x93962c8>

And when i copy the scripts from the demo to my own game, changing the windowskins always crashes the game, saying there's a error with this message:

Script 'Zer0_CMS' Line 862: NoMethodError Occurred
undefined method '+' for nil:NilClass

He's right... But i just found out that you need to set up the windowskins and fonts in the script, that solves the second error.

However, I still get the first error.

And when I copy the script to my game and enter the status screen it says:

Script 'Zer0_CMS' Line 1513: NoMethodError Occurred
undefined method 'element_set' for nil:NilClass

And what's the "elemental/status attack/guard" thing?

So:
1) Equipment error
2) Status screen error
3) The "elemental/status attack/guard" thing, what is it?

The menu looks just amazing, it's the best one I've seen, I'm really looking forward to it  ;)

EDIT: I solved the save problem, the thing was that I had a previous non-menu save. I also changed the Scene-title thing, which I had not noticed. I still get the equipment/statur error though.

Holyrapid

I don't know if it will help, but try removing that # from the #<RPG::Weapon:0x93962c8> so that it becomes <RPG::Weapon:0x93962c8> because in Ruby (which RGSS is) # in front means that that line is a comment, and not used anywhere...

idler

September 12, 2010, 05:53:48 pm #48 Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:34:18 pm by idler
Quote from: DesPKP on September 12, 2010, 03:25:00 am
I don't know if it will help, but try removing that # from the #<RPG::Weapon:0x93962c8> so that it becomes <RPG::Weapon:0x93962c8> because in Ruby (which RGSS is) # in front means that that line is a comment, and not used anywhere...

The # only shows up in the error screen, it doesn't show up in the script. Thanks anyways ;)

EDIT: I have tried everything I could and I can't get it to work... When I enter into the status screen I get the previous mentioned error, and the equip thing too...

And BTW, I tried using ATES instead of CCTS to see if it worked, and i got an error message... (Can't tell what it said now).

Is there any chance you could fix the script, Zer0? It's great, It has a Quest system *-*

ForeverZer0

September 14, 2010, 12:03:39 pm #49 Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:19:07 pm by ForeverZer0
Yeah, I have been procrastinating a little on this one.... :<_<:

EDIT:
Okay, fixed the bugs, plus made a few other minor improvements.
Will upload soon as I get a chance. They are on my other computer at the moment.

EDIT 2:
It is now uploaded. Follow the demo link.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Jragyn

October 05, 2010, 03:42:59 pm #50 Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 03:46:13 pm by jragyn00
Mister Zer0,

Thank you for updating and fixing the silly little problems that people mentioned.
This CMS is quite classy and I like the feel it has with the moving windows, and unlockables.
Its also out of the way, not a huge menu screen that eats the screen, and it works well with BlizzABS.

Maybe its just my personal opinion, but this is a pretty l33t CMS.
Keep up the superb work as always. :]

PS_Look! Your l33tnes radiates everywherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:
Spoiler: ShowHide

--J
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

ForeverZer0

@jragyn00
Thanks for the compliments, man. :-*
This is just a hobby of mine, but I am glad others appreciate and like it.
I got some new things qued to release here shortly, so keep an eye out for'em.  :)

Jragyn

Oh?
Like what?
Star Ocean skills/talents & crafting system? :D?

--J

PS_ Please just J, or Jragyn works. 'jragyn00' sounds kinda goofy X_X
[wishes he put more thought into his login name years ago]

ForeverZer0

You'll have to wait and see.  ;)

As for your name, just ask a mod to change it.
Winkio changed mine from ForeverZero, to ForeverZer0.

Jragyn

You are heartless to conceal your secret scripts from me.
I will have to do that, someday in the near future.

I look forward to seeing your next pieces of work, I cannot get enough customization in a game XD

--J

Landith

Small bug, easy fix.
In the Equip Screen, since you have the input on repeat, you can hold down the down or the up button and the sequence gets messed up because it's not updating everytime the window is being refreshed. For example if your on shields and you hold down and land on accessories, you will be on helmets but it shows you on accessories.
So all you have to do is change the input to pressed instead of repeat, I believe.

(Btw, I'm not into RMXP anymore I was just bored and decided to try out new scripts)

Good job on this btw.

Jragyn

Mister Zer0,

I have a suggestion/request:

In your equip menu, perhaps you could add an additional button press (input::z ?) to bring up a small window that shows progress in regards to EQUAP skills on said equipment?

An aesthetic idea for those who use tons of different equipment and want to gauge what to equip based on this.
(ie: precisely what I'm doing XD)

--J

LiTTleDRAgo

uncompatible with CCTS v.1.2.2

ForeverZer0

At what point is it doing it?

If it soes it before the game even starts, it will be a script order issue. 

I just find it odd since the constant it is referring to has not changed in CCTS since the first version, so for it to say that it is undefined is a little odd.

I will check it out tonight or tomorrow and get back to you, but let me know if swapping the order of the two scripts around helps at all.

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on November 10, 2010, 12:28:30 pm
At what point is it doing it?

If it soes it before the game even starts, it will be a script order issue. 

I just find it odd since the constant it is referring to has not changed in CCTS since the first version, so for it to say that it is undefined is a little odd.

I will check it out tonight or tomorrow and get back to you, but let me know if swapping the order of the two scripts around helps at all.

I changed line 1939
      month = CCTS::Months[$game_system.time.month - 1]

with
      if $ccts <= 1.2
        month = CCTS::Months[$game_system.time.month - 1]
      elsif $ccts >= 1.2
        month = CCTS::MONTHS[$game_system.time.month - 1]
      end

and it worked

probably because you change Months at CCTS v.1.1 into MONTHS at CCTS v.1.2.2?