[XP] Zer0 CMS

Started by ForeverZer0, July 06, 2010, 09:30:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

July 06, 2010, 09:30:52 pm Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:18:13 am by ForeverZer0
Zer0 CMS
Authors: ForeverZer0
Version: 1.3
Type: Command Menu
Key Term: Custom Menu System

Introduction

This is my first complete CMS that I have created. Originally it was going to be used exclusively for my own project, but I decided to release it for anybody to use. I have added as much compatability as possible to it for other scripts since it also uses its own save/load system, etc.

Features

• Optimized code to only create windows as needed, which means less lag.
  • Animated windows.
  • Clean, simple interface
  • Custom save system built-in, with easy compatability for any scripts that may use aliased methods of Scene_Save and Scene_Load.
  • Options menu with many configurable options including Font, Shaded Text, Gradient Bars, Windowskins, Window Opacity, Volume, SFX, and more.
  • Displays game time on menu, using either CCTS or ATES.
  • Built in quest manager. (Based off of game_guy's Quest script)
  • Items can be sorted by Type, Alpha-Numerical, Quantity, and by Key Item.
  • Save and Load available from menu.
  • Can use L and R to switch characters on the Equip and Status screens.
  • an use variable to log Game Completion on File Windows.
  • Ability to allow player to unlock Windowskins and Fonts that can be used, much like Chrono Cross.
  • Compatibility with Blizzard's Equap Skills from Tons.
  • Automatically install fonts on users PC
  • Much more!

Screenshots

Main: ShowHide

Item: ShowHide

Equip: ShowHide

Skill: ShowHide

Quest: ShowHide

Options: ShowHide

Data: ShowHide

Demo
Demo Download

Script
Use script from demo.

Instructions

See script.
Download this file for the font installer.

Compatibility

Requires Blizzard's Tons-of-Addons (v.6.03 or higher), and either ATES or CCTS. It is possible to use another Time System other than them, but it will require some edits to one section (see script).
This script makes many of the default scripts obsolete, almost all that deal with the default CMS and the save system, therefore it will likely not be compatible with other scripts that affect these classes.

Credits and Thanks

• ForeverZer0, for script
  • Blizzard, for Tons and a few other methods that I used in the script.                                                                        
  • game_guy, for the base of the Quest script                                                                                  
  • Fantasist, for the window movement script that this script uses.

Author's Notes

See script.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

Small bug. If you go to status, choose a character, then go back it goes back to the command window. Items, Equip etc.
Now if you go to equip, choose a character, then go back it goes back to character selection. I'd rather it be character selection for both.

Nice menu by the way. Its quite nice!

ForeverZer0

Quote from: game_guy on July 06, 2010, 09:51:26 pm
Small bug. If you go to status, choose a character, then go back it goes back to the command window. Items, Equip etc.
Now if you go to equip, choose a character, then go back it goes back to character selection. I'd rather it be character selection for both.

Thank you! I'll check the bug out, I didn't intend for it to be like that. Thanks for the feedback, and for the Quest system. It is basically an adapted version of yours  ;)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

WhiteRose

Quote from: ForeverZero on July 06, 2010, 09:30:52 pm
  • Ability to allow player to unlock Windowskins and Fonts that can be used, much like Chrono Cross.

Awesome. Chrono Cross is one of my top five favorite games ever, and I always thought that was a cool feature.

G_G

Quote from: ForeverZero on July 06, 2010, 09:53:03 pm
Quote from: game_guy on July 06, 2010, 09:51:26 pm

Thank you! I'll check the bug out, I didn't intend for it to be like that. Thanks for the feedback, and for the Quest system. It is basically an adapted version of yours  ;)

No problem! And thanks ^_^

Blazblue Fan

I downloaded the demo but there was no text it was all blank

G_G

install the fonts that the demo came with then

Blazblue Fan

July 07, 2010, 07:50:38 pm #7 Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:57:49 pm by Blazblue Fan
Are you saying that the demo came with the fonts to install in case I don't have them? If so I don't see any, sorry if I'm asking stupid questions that everyone should know

Edit: never mind I have the fonts now

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Blazblue Fan on July 07, 2010, 07:50:38 pm
Are you saying that the demo came with the fonts to install in case I don't have them? If so I don't see any, sorry if I'm asking stupid questions that everyone should know

No, the demo did not come with fonts, but you will need them in your system, else no text will be displayed.

G_G

my bad i thought there was a fonts folder :S

Yin

Something happens with the equip menu where everything gets all screwed up. Like my accessory slot was pointing to shields and stuff like that. Then when it gets to weapon, it crashes on line 2274. undefined method atk for rpg::armor
This is the line.
      atk = item1.is_a?(RPG::Weapon) ? item2.atk - item1.atk : 0
Newly formed MUGEN, RPG Maker, and BOR forum.
http://cavernofcreativity.com
Opening in September
My Partner in crime = TREXRELL

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Yin on July 08, 2010, 09:05:58 pm
Something happens with the equip menu where everything gets all screwed up. Like my accessory slot was pointing to shields and stuff like that. Then when it gets to weapon, it crashes on line 2274. undefined method atk for rpg::armor
This is the line.
      atk = item1.is_a?(RPG::Weapon) ? item2.atk - item1.atk : 0

I'll check it out. I admit I didn't test this script super good. So please everyone let me know any issues that are occurring, and I'll fix them as soon as possible.

AresWarrior

this cms looks great i'll try to figure out how you added the latest map name in the save screen.  :) thanks

nathmatt

just a suggestion
def self.name(id)
  text = case id
  when 1 then 'Picking Fruit'
  when 2 then 'Example #2'
  end
  return text != nil ? text : '?????' # <-- Default for undefined
end

can be done easier with
def self.name(id)
  case id
  when 1 then return 'Picking Fruit
  end
  return '?????'
end)
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

luchs

i get this error ... when i will call the menue in the game

nathmatt

Do you have zeros ATS
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

luchs

July 10, 2010, 04:40:39 am #16 Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 04:41:53 am by luchs
ATES isn't from zero, or not?

I used http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,710.0.html

Blizzard

What does it say in the "Authors" part on top of the topic?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

luchs

see script :) but ... in the comments of the script ... i don't find any helpfull information to use the script with ates....

are there two different scripts called ATES?

element

This would look GREAT for a in-game cms for rmx-os