[XP]Wipe

Started by ShadowPierce, July 07, 2010, 10:35:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowPierce

July 07, 2010, 10:35:56 am Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:50:36 pm by ShadowPierce
ATTENTION: This project is currently on hold as it gives way to the prequel, Wipe: Peaceful Days. For more information, click here.

Wipe

Background Story

Magic & technology, though separate & incompatible with each other, coexist in the world of Cinxis. Technology cannot influence or affect magic, while spells cannot alter, & sometimes even destroy, the results of machines. Though neither can be used with the other, both methods are accepted by civilization. Technology-users are known as Technicians while magic-users are called Arcanists.

Technicians & Arcanists do not bother the other in their respective fields, but a young Technician named Devon unintentionally creates a technology-dispelling machine without realizing it. He was originally making a time machine that requires thr fabled Mana Stone, the rarest & most Mana-filled substance in the world, as the source of power but something unexpected ocurred. Upon finishing the machine, he tested it out, but it only ended up destroying every form of machinery in the whole continent of Epia, the biggest continent in the world, nearly incapacitating the continent for a whole year. Knowing he would be in trouble if he confesses that he made the huge chaos, he never told anyone about it & hid the machine in an island on the Fenya continent which is under the Arcanist territory.

Technicians around Epia blamed Arcanists for the accident now known as "The Wipe", since magic was proven to destroy most technology. The Spell Circle, a group of high-ranking Arcanists, denied that such a big accident was caused by mere spells. The misunderstanding grew into an argument, the argument slowly became fights, & the fights finally lead to a declaration of war between the two groups. The war went on for 14 years.

But what they didn't know was The Wipe altered a selected few, and these people will determine the future of Cinxis...

Main Story

Devon, now a Head Technician, leads a great fleet of War Hammers (giant robots) in the war & commands the Apocalypsis, one of the four G.E.A.R.s (Gyroblade Equipped Assault Robot) that are supposedly the most powerful weapons of war in the Technicians' arsenal. His invention is still hidden & unknown in a cave in the island of Paroi, but now, with the war going on, monsters have left the battle-scarred forests & deserts to migrate to Paroi island.

The now monster-infested cave makes hiding the machine that caused "The Wipe" be extremely dangerous since monsters can be curious & the device itself is very unstable & unpredictable. Devon found about this but he can't go in because of the great number of monsters in the island.

As he reviewed the blueprints of the device, he found out that the device he created did not only short out machines during "The Wipe", but also released a wave of pure magic which was supposed to be impossible. The wave of magic wasn't that strong when "The Wipe" occurred, but now, the Mana Stone seems to have a stronger glow compared to the last time the device was used which may cause more than just destruction of machines. Strangely, the monsters around Paroi Island have become noticeably stronger & some have even developed the ability to use spells only known to humans.

The Spell Circle has taken notice of Commander Devon's concern about the monsters in Paroi Island so they've sent out scouting summoners to have their elementals investigate what's going on in the island.

The Spell Circle was astonished when they found out about the device & the power source it uses, the Mana Stone. Being knowledgeable in magic, they immediately knew the effect of the stone to the machine & the possible coming of "The Great Wipe", with the destructive power of "The Wipe" hundredfold, which may cause monsters to be extremely powerful & exhaust both technology & magic completely. The Spell Circle has sent out messengers for the Technicians about considering peace & hoping to end the war but because of lack of proof, the Technicians didn't believe that one of their top commanders caused "The Wipe", which only made the them think it was a trap.

Now, with the war still unresolved, The Spell Circle has assigned young Arcanists from the Magic Academy of Arcanum to form their own party & devise a strategy on how to retrieve the Mana Stone & end the war.

Characters

Rayse: ShowHide

Name: Rayse
Race: Human (Arcanist)
Class: Mage
Preferred Weapon: Staff
Main Element: N/A
Bio:

Rayse is an energetic & talented Arcanist who just graduated from the Magic Academy with friends Rhia & Vinz. He always wanted to be a member of The Spell Circle. He always talks about how a great Spellmaster (member of The Spell Circle) he would be, but easily loses focus. Unlike those who were assigned to retrieve the Mana Stone, he volunteered hoping that it will help his chances to becoming a Spellmaster. He is the destined hero of this game.

Rhia: ShowHide

Name: Rhia
Race: Forest Elf
Main Element: Wind
Bio:

Rhia is an honor student in the Magic Academy & long time friend of Rayse & Vinz. She keeps score of the two every time they compete with each other. Despite being a forest elf, she left her village & decided to learn magic than hunt with a bow like most forest elves. Rhia became friends with Rayse & Vinz when she rescued them from a wild Kergan when the two were just little. Though she's usually calm ,at times, she can get pretty loud when she's annoyed.

Vinz: ShowHide

Name: Vinz
Race: Human
Main Element: Dark
Bio:

Vinz is an exceptional Mage, able to cast mid-level spells as a freshman. He is calm, but whenever there is competition, he jumps straight at it & usually faces Rayse in the finals. Vinz is the grandson of Spellmaster Seth, one of the original founders of The Spell Circle. He is moody, which annoys Rhia, and ends up either being cheered up by Rayse or having a dare with him. He doesn't really care much about his future, knowing that his grandfather is a Spellmaster. He'd rather hang out with Rayse & Rhia than learn advance-level spells from Spellmaster Seth.

Creaux: ShowHide

Name: Creaux
Race: Forest Elf
Class: Cleric
Preferred Weapon: Axe/Staff
Main Element: Forest
Bio:

Creaux is a cleric in the small elven village of Noeia. Bearing the Mark of the Guardian ever since he was born, he was chosen to protect Mi-Ma, the village elder, having him forced to become a cleric. Creux never wanted to be a cleric because he always wanted to fight. This is the reason why he trains with both rod & axe & he is able to use both depending on the situation.

Note:
   Forest Elves aren't really born, they come from the Tree of Life. When they are "born", they already look like young adults but they still age. 50 years of aging as a human is equal to 1 year of aging as an elf.

Blanc: ShowHide

Name: Blanc
Race: Human
Class: Knight
Preferred Weapon: Shield & Sword
Main Element: Fire
Bio:

Blanc is a knight in the Knight Guild of Castia, an ally of Arcanum. Knights are Arcanists who are born with no ability to cast magic. Blanc is the brother of Napalm, another knight from Castia's Knight Guild who was originally the knight to accompany Rayse. He volunteered to replace his brother after Napalm was heavily injured.

Sonia: ShowHide

Name: Sonia
Race: Human (Technician)
Class: Gunner
Preferred Weapon: Pistols
Main Element: Water
Bio:

Sonia is a gunslinger extraordinaire from Linia City. She was orphaned by the war, having both her parents taken prisoner by the Arcanists. Because of this, she held a grudge towards all Arcanists. After her parents' capture, she was forced to live on her own so she learned how to handle the gun her father left to her and soon, she became a master gunslinger. At the age of 14, she became a member of a hunting guild & as time passed, she became very famous being known as "Sonia of the Thousand Bullets" being the only person in the world who is able to wield up to 4(!) guns all at the same time. She believes in fate & usually lets fate decide for herself.

Unnamed...: ShowHide

*SpiritMeld Form cannot be shown*

Name: *Undecided*
Race: Human (Wandering nomad)
Class: Fighter
Preferred Weapon: Gloves/Gauntlets
Main Element: Lightning
Bio:

*** is a drifter that travels all around the Epia continent together with his twin sister, ???. They earn a living by scavenging various machine parts & participating in underground fighting tournaments. More background will be revealed in the story...

Spoiler: ShowHide

more characters to come...

Screenshots

Battle: ShowHide

Test Dialog 1: ShowHide

Test Dialog 2: ShowHide

More screenshots coming soon! :D

Features & Credits

• Blizz-ABS used as the Battle System -Blizzard
       • Cooldown System (aka Blizz-ABS action recharge time) -winkio
       • Day & Night System (aka Advanced Time & Environment System) -Blizzard
       • about 10-15% of Tons of Add-ons
       • SpiritMeld System (aka Chaos Drive System of CRLS) -Blizzard
       • Over 60 SpiritMeld forms for the main character alone
       • Cameos from many other games & animes
       • more features to be added...
       • Thanks to tektek.org, charas-project.com & the maker of FaceMaker app making stuff that enabled me to make the character concepts & faces.
       • Thanks to Team Wipe members for giving great support!
*NOTE: Not all features would be included in the first demo... Sorry... :'(

Notes & Updates

July 07, 2010: ShowHide

Sorry for not having anything but the story & concept. It's because I had my computer reformatted. Anyway, I'm currently working alone in this project & was forced to start from scratch. Resource & Mapping help would be greatly appreciated though it wasn't originally planned. Here are a few open positions:

• Spriters (for both weapons & characters)
      • Mappers
      • Testers (upon finishing at least the first demo)
      • Scripters (who will check errors for me since I usually have problems)
      • Expert artists (to draw "facesets" that aren't exactly facesets but character pictures to display whole-body expression/emotion/motion)

I'll be looking forward for feedback & criticism. Thanks! ^^

July 08, 2010: ShowHide

Edited character profile layout & added a little on the Background Story.

Also added Character concepts (thanks to tektek!) & edited Sonia's bio.

Please keep on posting. ^^

July 11, 2010: ShowHide

Improved character facesets (thanks to Sase & whoever created the FaceMaker).

Added a new character.

Posted recruitment thread:

HELP NEEDED!!!

More updates coming so please reply what you have in mind!  :haha:

July 12, 2010: ShowHide

Recruited 1 mapper for the game & updated recruitment thread.

Added SpiritMeld Form images for the characters.

Spoilered Notes & Updates.

Please support this game!  :)

July 13, 2010: ShowHide

Fixed a few grammar errors.

Added more story. (Only in offline)

Waiting for the intro map to be finished. Should be in less than a week or so.

Please support!  :haha:

July 16, 2010: ShowHide

Added 1 screenshot. (not that good but it's the only one I got so far...  :()

Added sprite of Rayse... More to be added this weekend! :haha:

Main Character backgrounds open for editing suggestions! Click here if you wanna take a shot at it... :D

Working alone again, mapper quit... Please click recruitment thread & help if interested! :)

July 17, 2010: ShowHide

Added animated pictures to title. Fixed a few grammar errors. :P

Added "???"  SpiritMeld form.

Please support & advertise to your sites!  :D

July 18, 2010: ShowHide

Recruited Silentknight72 as spriter & title/gameover artist.

Added animated sprites on some characters. To be improved. More to be added soon... :haha:

Thanks for reading! Please comment & tell others!

July 19, 2010: ShowHide

Updated! More grammar fixes.

Company title (well, not really...) added.

Please comment! Thanks! :haha:

July 25, 2010: ShowHide

More screenshots added. Font, HUD & windowskins to be updated soon.

Demo, which is expected to be at least 15-20mins. long, is now 25% complete.

Please spread the word! Also, updated recruitment thread. Needs help with city mappers.

ADDED:

Facebook page created. Please visit & Like... Thanks! ^^ Here's the link:

Facebook page

July 31, 2010: ShowHide

Recruited a new spriter. Welcome to Team Wipe dwellercoc! :haha:

SK72 made a website for the project. Thanks SK72!!! :D Here's the link:

Project webpage (by SK72):
       Project Wipe HomePage

August 4, 2010: ShowHide

Recruited a new mapper. Welcome to Team Wipe Jek! :D

Sprites for the first boss are nearly complete thanks to dwellercoc. Demo might be released earlier than expected! :haha:

Man, updates are getting less often. Please invite others to view & apply for a position on Team Wipe! Click HELP NEEDED!!! below to see open postions & qualification requirements! Thanks again!

Please continue to support Project Wipe! ^^

August 5, 2010: ShowHide

Project title decided. More updates in the following days! :haha:

Maps for 1st demo is about 50% completed. Sprites & others are also at about 50%.

Release date still being given thought, but should be pretty soon! ^^

August 12, 2010: ShowHide

7 days since last update... Sorry, school was getting in the way... :^_^':

Recruited Square Man as a new mapper.

First boss sprites 100% complete! Great job dwellercoc! :haha:

Features re-scaled to what is sure to be added.

First demo should be 50% complete. Only things missing are the Sprites for the 3 main characters, Caan Plains map, mini-world map, a few of the custom enemy sprites & the eventing. Eventing on the game will begin when all resources & maps have been passed. This gives Wipe members the time to kick back & relax for a job well done. :haha:

You can now view another Project Wipe thread on Gamecraft! Click here:

Wipe on GameCraft

August 15, 2010: ShowHide

7 Maps completed for the demo... That only leaves the world map & 1 forest! Thanks to my mappers Jek & Square Man! :haha:

Finished 1 mini-game! :D

Still studying how to script, specifically how to make a Scene_.

Currently in need of mecha spriters! Click HELP NEEDED!!! below to apply.

Currently waiting for SK72 to pass the sprites. If sprites are not passed within 1 week, I might need a new spriter for the main characters.

Please support Wipe & tell your friends about it! Thanks!!! :haha:

August 28, 2010: ShowHide

13-day gap from last update?! Sorry if updates are getting slow, some stuff are happening IRL.

New Vinz & Rayse sprites finished! Rhia sprite to be edited in a day or maybe a bit later.

Thanks to dwellercoc, demo will now include 100% fully non-RTP mobs.

Square Man requested he's changed from mapper to windowskin artist. Congrats Square Man! You are now Wipe's windowskin artist! :haha:

Most Team Wipe members are active again... Thanks for the support guys! :D

I might try to improve the game graphically so I might move the demo release date back a month or two... If you want it earlier, I'll move it earlier again but it won't include the additional graphics... When at least 5 people want it earlier, it'll be moved back to late September to mid October.

Thanks for the continued support! Please spread the word! :haha:

September 1, 2010: ShowHide

Sorry for being a bit lazy... Well here's what Wipe's demo have got so far:

• Mapping is about 85% complete, only things missing are a forest & a small part of the world map.
       • I'm starting to work on the actual demo, rather than the one I've been passing to members.
       • About 25% of the intro is complete, except the mecha sprites aren't done yet.
       • Player & Enemy stats have been scaled to match & balanced. First boss is at about difficulty 3.0/5.0.
       • Quests still being given thought, but will surely be added. About 5-10 sidequests will be in the demo, though none is being worked on yet.
       • 2 enemies added into demo database. Only skills right now are fire & heal. More will be added later & be given different names.
       • Following scripts are currently being used:
              - BABS
              - about less than 5% of Tons of Add-ons
              - Chaos Drive System from CRLS (still trying to figure out how to effectively use it)
              - more will be added later on
       • Event systems currently being used:
              - Off-battle Regeneration System
              - sorry, just one for now... I'll make sure to think of something soon
       • About 70% of the custom sprites are done:
              - Rayse & Vinz normal & defend sprites=100%. Dash sprites=30%
              - enemies for the first dungeon
              - 3 staffs & 2 projectiles
              - 2 cameos. 1 from a PS2 game & another from a movie :haha:
              - expecting Rhia sprite. Still needs a mecha spriter. Working on a few other sprites...
       • About 10% of the music:
              - 2 BGMs. One is a rock version from the Megaman series & another is a piano song composed by yours truly
              - more to be added soon

Recruitment thread link:
      HELP NEEDED!!!

Facebook page link:
       Facebook page

Project webpage (by SK72):
       Project Wipe Home

GameCraft project thread:
       Wipe on GameCraft

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

G_G

Looks pretty good. Possibly explain Guardian Spirits a bit more?

Sase

July 07, 2010, 11:57:37 am #2 Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:09:45 pm by Sase
The "war" between machines and magic is maybe the most used idea ever. The main plot is a little more interesting (well the setting actually, with the machine apocalypse and all), but the character infos didn't promise much. I read a little about their ages and races (oh mercy!) and the _GUARDIAN SPIRITS_, and the layout was a little odd. The storyline's end was in the shape that I can already hear an ancient evil lurking on Paroi Island.

Okay, as I wrote this I got curious and read a bit more about the characters. Hundreds of years old elves? Seriously D:?
Also, what the hell is a breeze spirit? How many fingers does Sonia have?

Because this has no screenshots I can't actually say if I find this project promising or not (to be honest, good maps value as much as a good storyline). Right now it seems like basic templatish drop-in-a-sea jRPG.

Sorry for being mean, but it's so damn hot here that my brain melts.

ShadowPierce

July 07, 2010, 08:26:18 pm #3 Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:10:28 pm by ShadowPierce
->Oh right, forgot about it... they were acquired by the characters when The Wipe happened giving magical ability to Techs & empowering Arcs. I'll put up a little something now...*edits* @g_g

well, I originally planned on only having the humans in the story but I thought that having a different race would be pretty good. I was about to make a new race but I got lazy & added an elf race instead And about sonia, it was my cousin's fault, he is my co-wirter. :xD: You were wrong about the end BTW...  :haha: @Sase

It's okay to be mean, as long as it's true... Thanks for the reply again! And please post some more opinions, & if you find too much cliche please post here...

Thanks!!! I'll work harder on it... ^^

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
1161-0627-9890

Sase

The Guardian Spirit-idea just sounded like a random "Summons-must-gave-them!" idea so you could just use some cool call magic. The idea to use the Gaia (??) characters as "battlers" is actually quite nice, but the facemaker faces ain't. If you don't care about being part of the mass, you can use the downloadable Facemaker (link at the end of the post).
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzmqjbdogyz

If you do not have any maps ready yet, I don't know why you posted a topic. You should wait when you've done enough work and actually know that you will finish this.

ShadowPierce

->Well, the GS (Guardian Spirit) actually plays a major role why the people who have them banded together. If you want, I can PM you the storyline up to the 1st half of the 1st chapter.  ;) And I won't be using those facesets, I will be using a larger picture that shows half the body of the person who's talking (RPG Maker 2-style from the PS2). Those facesets were just used to illustrate the characters' concepts or what they may look like. Anyway, thanks for the link. I'll try to use them to at least make better facesets.

The reason why I posted this topic is to have other people see this so some of them may offer some help. I had to start over, I had my old PC reformatted & replaced, though it already had the intro of the game.

Thanks for replying again!!! Looking forward for more... ^^

1161-0627-9890

WhiteRose

I'm reading through too many topics trying to catch up at the moment, so I didn't read your entire post, but from skimming over it, I think your project has some potential, and a unique graphical style. I look forward to future updates.

ShadowPierce

->Thanks WhiteRose! Finally some positive reply... And just so you know, I'm really serious about this game... Spreading the word would help, still also recruiting so please tell others...

Thanks!!!  :haha:

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

->New updates posted! Please reply! Thanks! :)

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

->Updates! Please view & support! :D

1161-0627-9890

Silentknight72

wait, ill help.

and BTW, did u use my purple energy thing? u can use it. thnx!
Sigs: ShowHide

ShadowPierce

->Yeah, I did, It's one of the first enemies... You're already on my credit list (at home PC)...

1161-0627-9890

Silentknight72

I'll work on the titles/gameover and sprites(some of them)

and, can u pm me raise's sprite? (gotta work on it)

ShadowPierce

1161-0627-9890

Silentknight72

Oh, sorry if it's delayed..... I went to camp/vacation for a week...

ShadowPierce

->No rush, as long as I'm sure that you're still working on it... :D

1161-0627-9890

Silentknight72

Thnx! and gj for the screens, they kinda remind me of a game I used to play.... anyway, have made an FB fanpage yet? if not i can make one and make you the admin. ^^

ShadowPierce

->Not yet, I'll make one right now... While you're still making them, I'll continue to use the sprites I currently have... Thanks again!!! :haha:

1161-0627-9890

Silentknight72

ShadowPierce

August 04, 2010, 11:21:41 am #19 Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:05:55 pm by ShadowTemplar
->BUMP for updates & new project team member! :D

ADDED:
->Decided on what project title to be used... :haha:

1161-0627-9890