How o fix 3DS Max 9

Started by Memor-X, July 07, 2010, 09:51:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

when i was working on a university assignment, my computer suddenly shut down and started but up, nothing else in the house turned off so it was just my computer

it was lucky i had saved just before and was getting screen shots of the model's wire-frame as indicated in the requirements of the assignment, after i put in the password for my computer i went to see if the file was still ok as it had spent the past 10 hours on that model, when i started up 3DS Max 9 it went though the normal loading screen but after that went way, nothing

i've tried using Control Panel to repair it just in case of a corrupted file but it still did the same, i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still did the same thing

I have Windows XP with an Intel Pentium 4 Possessor at 3.40Ghz (obviously overclocked, it was refurbished and brought on E-Bay), 1 GB of RAM, the computer has only ever been connected to the internet once otherwise (to get the trial serial keys for RMXP and RMVX) it's never been on, i have had it since Christmas last year and never had any problems

WhiteRose

Quote from: Memor-X on July 07, 2010, 09:51:32 pm
I have Windows XP with an Intel Pentium 4 Possessor at 3.40Ghz

It's likely that that's your issue; I had a computer with a possessor once. It had all sorts of troubles.

Joking aside, are you opening the model file directly, or are you trying to simply open the program? If the former, it's possible that it's the model file that's corrupted, not the program.

Memor-X

Quote from: WhiteRose on July 08, 2010, 10:12:34 pm
Quote from: Memor-X on July 07, 2010, 09:51:32 pm
I have Windows XP with an Intel Pentium 4 Possessor at 3.40Ghz

It's likely that that's your issue; I had a computer with a possessor once. It had all sorts of troubles.

not sure how that could be the problem, the Possessor is found in every computer (after all the Intel i3-7 are prossessors also), and it was working fine before hand

Quote from: WhiteRose on July 08, 2010, 10:12:34 pm
Joking aside, are you opening the model file directly, or are you trying to simply open the program? If the former, it's possible that it's the model file that's corrupted, not the program.

when i went to check i opened from the file and it didn't work and i feared that the file was corrupted so i opened the program from the desktop shortcut and it did the exact same, same with the shortcut in the start menu and the exe on my hard drive and that's what i don't get cause like i said, i ran the repair, i uninstalled and reinstalled and it's still doing them same thing