What are you listening to right now?

Started by Blizzard, January 08, 2008, 08:10:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

winkio

Memor-X

Galaxy Bang Bang (Galaxy Angel Anime Op 1), if i concentrate, i can pick out each of the Moon Angel-tai Members (minus Chitose), kinda weird that it seems to remind me of the teaser for Galaxy Angel Chrono Break, near the end it gets slow and i can remember the part of the teaser where Haven is daydreaming about Vanilla and him getting married and is then woken up by Forte and Ranpha who start picking on him because of that, think the same song was used

winkio

October 14, 2012, 12:25:36 am #2303 Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 01:27:39 am by winkio
Two Steps From Hell - Immortal

EDIT: Got the artist wrong the first time :(

G_G

Feint - Snake Eyes (feat. CoMa)

This is some pretty good DnB (Drum n' Bass) if anyone's into that genre.

winkio

It's has it's good moments, but overall not quite the standard of DnB I usually listen to.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

Johann Johannson - Melodia (Guidelines For A Space Propulsion Device Based On Heim's Quantum Theory)
Now this is something worth a listen. Needs some time to fully start so if you have an attention span of under 30 seconds it's not for you.

winkio

If the first 30 seconds doesn't sound good why should I keep listening?  If they can write a good piece of music, then they should be able to write a good intro to go with it.  You should never need to make excuses for a piece of music, it stands completely on its own.

I listened the whole way through on the first time.  It felt dramatic, but directionless, meaning that it got my attention, but didn't seem to do anything with it.  It's borderline annoying to listen to, for me at least.  And quite repetitive, it doesn't need to be anywhere as long as it is for the amount of variation it has.

C-Choirboy & Spiriax - Dance of the Dragonfly

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: winkio on November 04, 2012, 07:59:19 pm
If the first 30 seconds doesn't sound good why should I keep listening?  If they can write a good piece of music, then they should be able to write a good intro to go with it.  You should never need to make excuses for a piece of music, it stands completely on its own.

Because it builts up and the tension derived from that is a lot of what it is about. People are used to pop songs starting right into the "climax" (mostly, the chorus), so many people aren't used to that, especially when people listen to music on the radio, where there's radio edits that are specifically made to get "right into the action". That's why I said it. It's not an excuse, but an explanation why people used to different kinds of music might not like it.

Quote from: winkio on November 04, 2012, 07:59:19 pm
I listened the whole way through on the first time.  It felt dramatic, but directionless, meaning that it got my attention, but didn't seem to do anything with it.  It's borderline annoying to listen to, for me at least.  And quite repetitive, it doesn't need to be anywhere as long as it is for the amount of variation it has.

That's your opinion and you're free to have it obviously. Mostly related to your listening habits though, probably, because the play with dynamics in this as well as the ambience and the way the strings wrap around each other is brilliant and kept me interested and amazed throughout.

winkio

I meant that you can build up the tension in an interesting manner that will keep most or many listeners interested.  Of course we have different opinions, but I find it interesting that the same things that amaze you in the piece are the things that get my attention at first, and become annoying later on.  Perhaps I need better headphones, or maybe it's just personal preference.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: winkio on November 04, 2012, 08:25:23 pm
I meant that you can build up the tension in an interesting manner that will keep most or many listeners interested.  Of course we have different opinions, but I find it interesting that the same things that amaze you in the piece are the things that get my attention at first, and become annoying later on.  Perhaps I need better headphones, or maybe it's just personal preference.

Well, alot of it is very subtle so you have to get into it. In the end, though, it really comes down to what you enjoy about music. People who listen to certain types of repetitive electronic music, for example, are often very into timbre, and they'll enjoy things like synth sounds changing dynamically, filter sweeps, etc.
Someone who listens to lots of electronic music will call the same thing repetitive and boring though. You get what i mean?

winkio

Blizzard

I personally like songs that can build up in a good way, but sometimes it's also nice to get to the climax right away.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

winkio

G_G

I'm loving F-777. Thanks for the shares winkio.

winkio

Yeah, he is one of my favorites.  He would be super famous if he had more exposure.  Also, with over 40 songs released in the past 6 months, he manages to keep the quality consistent and the styles diverse, which is pretty amazing.

Apidcloud

Instead of wanting to be somebody else, rather become somebody else

"I will treasure the knowledge like a squirrel treasures acorns."

Gibbo Glast 2D Engine - The sky is no longer a limit