[XP] Blood Mage 1.80

Started by fugibo, March 08, 2008, 09:56:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nortos

good job on the fixes what was wrong? Or improved coding?

fugibo

Let's see... I believe 1.58 was just some random bug that was pretty bad, and the last one was me accidentally leavingout "not"'s that checked the config, but now it's fixed. I need to figure out how to optimize the skill_can_use method even more.

Nortos

yeah, when I get time I was gonna look more into this as I wnted to learn about skills in scripting cos have a plan for a short abs with lots of indvidual skills and multiple classes and pathways

fugibo

Good luck, the default Scene_Battle is scripted pretty dang crappy. It takes forever to figure out, I would just looking at Tons of Add-On's first because of the variance in effects to see how everything works.

fugibo

*bump*

Released a new testing version, 1.7.

This likely won't work, especially not with RTAB. However, it has several new features and cleaner code, so please check it out :)

Blizzard

I'll make it work with RTAB and Blizz-ABS for Tons, don't worry.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Cid

I get a syntax error on line 242 with the new script.

Have you considered adding an option to have blood skills take away a percentage of the user's max HP, instead of a whole number? The SMT series does this with all physical attacks and I think it works rather well.

ShadowBlaze

Lol, can't you just use common events? Like if you use a skill call a common event and then make the event minus HP? And of course that works with blizz - abs too. Nonetheless this is a useful script, maybe adding the effect of comsuming % HP like Cid said would make this script even more useful.  ;)
Results for being 100% left handed:

Things I know about you
1. Your reading my comment
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my comment.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts

fugibo

*fixed*

I'll implement that sometime this week, mebe. Thanks for the idea & error :)

Cid

fugibo

Cid

Hmm, now it won't let me use blood mage skills (they're faded out in the battle menu), and if I try to use a non-BM skill I get this error:

QuoteScript 'Blood Mage' line 263: ArgumentError occured.

wrong number of arguments(1 for 0)

Just so you know, the only section I'm configuring is "@wcw_bloodskills" (haven't touched anything else), and I'm testing it in a blank project with only the default scripts.

fugibo

I'm sorry, but I'll have to test this later. I don't have time right now to fix this -- so far I've been making this without running it, but it looks like I'm actually gonna hafta test it. Sorry :(

Cid

No problem. It's your script, so you can work on it whenever you like. :haha:

omegapirate2000

Yep I get the same error as cid with the 1.7.1 version.

The stable version I was using has all of a sudden started freaking out whenever an enemy uses skills. 133: NoMethodError Undefined Method 'sp_cost' for nil:NilClass

This is the line: "sp = battler.sp < @skill.sp_cost ? @skill.sp_cost : battler.sp"

It kinda popped up at random  :^_^':
Spoiler: ShowHide

fugibo

@stable: What other scripts are you using, and did you try removing the script and then re-adding it?

*BUMP*

Updated to 1.7.2. Thanks to Cid and Omegapirate2000 for testing ;)

Please, continue to get the testing version ready guys. I need your helps!

G_G

Ok say you dont have enough HP could you make it subtract the needed amount of SP that's needed for the skill. Example:

Fire Ball Used: Requires 130 HP
HP: 122/744
SP: 200/200

Then is takes away 9 so theres at least 1 hp left in the user.

Just a suggestion and if you dont do it could you help me at least mod it?

fugibo

I think I might already have that.

But that's besides the point; for now, does the script work properly?

G_G

So far it does for me I always did like this script and I enjoy everytime it updates.

fugibo

The 1.7 series is a ton better than 1.5. It's just generally cleaner and more useful. You can also use Game_Battler.bloodmage_applies?, I believe, to check to see if Bloodmage can be used in the current situation -- I should probably get that to work with out-of-battle spells, if it doesn't already. 7_7

Anyway, what you're suggesting should be simple. You'd just have to mod bloodmage_applies and the skill effect method. I'll see what I can do in a sec.

EDIT:
Working on 1.7.3 currently; and lol, it's a year since I released 1.5.9! Wow, I'm sooooo lazy :P

*BUMP*

Alrighty, new version released. It's a bugfix release and a feature release, so please, check it out.

G_G, this should provide what you want, so try it out soon ;)

Also, WOW at this script. It has pretty significant power in nothing but 65 lines if you remove all of the comments and blank lines 0_0