[XP]Project Wipe recruitment REVIVED

Started by ShadowPierce, July 11, 2010, 12:13:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowPierce

July 11, 2010, 12:13:49 pm Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:45:08 pm by ShadowPierce
->Project Wipe is a game I'm currently working on... It's a game that uses BABS as its main battle system & uses SpiritMeld System, a renamed Chaos Drive System, as its main feature (NOTE: SpiritMeld System is replaced by Summoning System in demo). The main goal of the full version of the project is to revive fantasy RPGs. You can see the main project thread here:

Wipe: Peaceful Days

I've worked alone for a while back then but I realized these things can't be done alone. That's why right now, I'm trying to find people who are willing to make this project a reality... The following positions are currently open:

• 2 spriters (template used should be RTP)
      • 2-3 scripters (to script & troubleshoot)
      • 1 graphic artist for character portraits
      • 1-2 Title/GameOver Graphics Designers
      • 1-2 Sound Effects (maker/specialst?)
      • 1 Dialogue Improvement Helper (Writer)

Anyone who helps will definitely be posted in credits & gets a chance to marry me... :naughty:

Qualification requirements:

General requirements: ShowHide

General Requirements:

• Be a member of Chaos Project, if possible.
       • Must be mature enough to take criticism of their work.
       • Must have a way for me to contact him/her.
       • Must know what they're actually doing.
       • Must be patient.

Spriter: ShowHide

Spriter position:

• Must have at least basic knowledge in using any graphics software.
       • One or more of the following:
            *Must have sufficient knowledge in spriting using the standard RTP template, if spriting for humans.
            *Must have the ability to make normal, _atk and/or _skl sprites for monsters, if spriting for monsters.
            *Must have the ability to make standing & shooting mecha (humanoid robots) sprites.

Scripter: ShowHide

Scripter position:

• Must have sufficient knowledge & experience in using RGSS.
       • Must know how to troubleshoot & fix errors.
       • Must have sufficient knowledge on:
              - how Blizz-ABS works.
              - making short systems.
              - RGSS graphics scripts.

Artist: ShowHide

Artist position:

• Must have the ability to use any graphics software to color, shade and add details to anime-style character portraits.

Title/Game Over Maker: ShowHide

Title/GameOver Maker position:

• Must have the ability to use any graphics software to make 640x480 images.

Sound Effects: ShowHide

Sound Effects position:

• Must have the ability to use any audio software to make simple sound effects like small explosions/crackling fire/thunder.

Dialogue Improvement: ShowHide

Dialogue Improvement position:

• Must be able to see errors, lengthen and improve dialogues between characters without changing too much as to cause significant difference with original dialogue idea.
       • Although preferred, good grammar is not necessary.

Open positions:

Spriters:

• *none*
      • *none*
      • Dweller Currently taking small tasks

Scripters:

• nathmatt
      • SBR*
      • *none*

Artists:

• *none*

Title/Gameover

• Fantasist
      • soundspectre

Sound Effects:

• MarkHest
      • *none*

Dialogue Improvement:

• *none*

I will say this again, THIS PROJECT WILL BE FINISHED so please, I would really appreciate it if you joined this team...

If you're interested, please post in this topic or PM me here in CP.

What's in it for you:

• Be a part of Project Wipe, the latest Blizz-ABS example game (featuring combos) candidate.
       • I am not a bossy project leader, though I might show my grammar Nazi mode occasionally. In fact, I respect all my team members because I assume most of them are older than me (I'm 20). My friends also tell me that I'm the friendliest person they know. I may be annoying at times when I constantly PM you, asking for updates about your progress.  :^_^':
       • All team members will be credited in the demo & the planned full version.
       • The full version of this project's first goal is to make it to the "Featured Projects" section of Chaos Project. Be recognized if this actually happens!
       • You are free to re-join or leave as you please, but you must inform me first.
       • As you can see in my threads & websites, I strive to be as professional as I possibly can, but it doesn't mean fun & games will be prohibited. After all, we're making a GAME that I wish to be enjoyed by everyone.
       • Credits will be properly given. During beta-testing, all uncredited resources/scripts/etc. will be fixed.
       • Be more involved in the game by showing up as a cameo or easter egg.
       • Although the game already has a general plot, all members are welcome to voice out their opinions on how the main story will go.
       • Upon first release of the demo, all team members who contributed will receive the full game's storyline.
       • It's very easy to join. Show some examples of your work & you get a reply from me as soon as I see it.

Hoping for your responses... :D

More positions may come up soon... :haha:

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

SBR*

Sign me up for mapping :D! I don't like doing cities, but I'll accept anything else :urgh:.

ShadowPierce

->Alright, one down... If SBR* finishes the first few maps early, 3 or more screenshots will probably be posted this week... And please promote this game as I will most likely finish the first demo before or on September...

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
1161-0627-9890

SBR*

BTW, I probably won't do much mapping. Sorry, I forgot to say that in my first post :urgh:. This is like my 5th project I'm working on :D.

ShadowPierce

->Well... SBR* quit so I'm back to working alone...  :'(

But still, I'll continue & finish this project!  :nod:

Any kind of help would still be welcome! Please support! Thanks!!!  :haha:

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

July 18, 2010, 03:07:07 am #5 Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:31:49 am by ShadowPierce
->Had a fellow pinoy as a spriter & make the title/gameover pics... Thanks a lot sk72!

Please support! Post here if you're interested to join!

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

->BUMP for updates & request for city mapper!!! I pretty much failed on my first city map attempt... (_ _)

1161-0627-9890

Jek

Ill help with mapping, spriting, and maybe some art.

ShadowPierce

->Will you please post some examples?

I'll add you on the team as soon as you do... ;)

1161-0627-9890

Silentknight72

Sigs: ShowHide

Jek

My examples are all over the place.
Heres a map I haven't posted yet:

ShadowPierce

->Added you, thanks for helping Jek!!! ^^

More members please... :haha:

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

->BUMP!! for major recruitment thread overhaul! Added "What's in it for you" section! Please read! :haha:

Hoping for your replies!

1161-0627-9890

SquareMan

August 10, 2010, 03:10:30 pm #14 Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:18:37 pm by SquareMan
can you sign me up as a mapper?
Example of My Work: ShowHide

thanks! :)
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

Blizzard

What do you think, guys, do we need another mapper?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Blizzard on August 10, 2010, 05:50:41 pm
What do you think, guys, do we need another mapper?

Uh, Blizz, I think you might have this confused with the Remexos thread.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ShadowPierce

->Wipe's the next Remexos! I think... :xD:

Can you make a world map? I'm currently working on just the demo... After the demo release, I will be giving out more map requests to mappers but for now I'm only missing a world map... The world map shouldn't be big now, it should just be a small part of the whole map... You can post here if you're interested, I'll send you my practice-demo & my instructions so you can base the world map from there... Thanks! :haha: @Square Man

1161-0627-9890

SquareMan

if you send me a world map tileset i could probally whip somthing up in a couple days.

Silentknight72

Quote from: Square Man on August 10, 2010, 10:24:14 pm
if you send me a world map tileset i could probally whip somthing up in a couple days.

VX world map, I prefer.

ShadowPierce

August 11, 2010, 07:25:52 am #21 Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:02:32 am by ShadowPierce
->Added Square Man as mapper but the world map can't be put into motion until Jek's map is passed... :)

No pressure Jek... Continue to map like before... :D @Jek

Dude, it's been 5 days since you said the sprites were finished... Can I please have them now? Only the 3 mages will be in the demo anyway... Thanks!!! :haha: @SK72

EDIT:
->Currently in great need of a Mecha Spriter! Please post here if you're interested... :haha:

Thanks! :D

1161-0627-9890

element

Maybe I could sign up for spriter but most of the time I work with a picture that's been given.

ShadowPierce

->Can you sprite some mecha? Because it's the only missing resource for the first demo... :^_^':

Also, please post a few examples of your work... :D

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

->Square Man seems to have some hardware problems so he won't be making the world map after all... Guess I'll just do it myself... :^_^':

@element: please post here about your application rather than the project thread itself... Thanks! :D

Please support Project Wipe!

1161-0627-9890

element

A sorry didnt notice this post.
I'll post here from now on.  :P

ShadowPierce

->Updates: Jek left, not sure if it's temporary or permanent... :(

Square Man's back! :D

A few edits on scripter Qualification Requirements... Please view first page! :haha:

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

->Added lonely_cubone as mapper! Welcom lonely_cubone! :haha:

Added General Requirements section & increased Scripter limit! Also added an option for scripters! :D

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

->BUMP for update: SquareMan moved from mapper to windowskin artist... :D

Also, still in need of a mecha spriter & scripters! Please support, thanks!!! :haha:

1161-0627-9890

Silentknight72

ShadowPierce

->BUMP to remind everyone that Wipe is still recruiting members... Thanks!!! :D

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

1161-0627-9890

Lobstrosity

Well okay, I'll give it a shot. I'm here for spriting.  :D
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

SquareMan

I think ShadowPierce would like some examoles of your work Lobstrosity, also i think he would like to know if you can sprite mecha.

ShadowPierce

Quote from: SquareMan on September 17, 2010, 10:44:03 am
I think ShadowPierce would like some examoles of your work Lobstrosity, also i think he would like to know if you can sprite mecha.
->All main character sprites are done (Except Rhia)... All I'm looking for now are custom monsters, mecha, and outifts to match the Techs' civilization...

Everyone who applied got in anyway as soon as they posted an example... As soon as you post an example, you'll most likely be accepted... :haha:

Thanks!!! :haha:

1161-0627-9890

Lobstrosity

I'll post an example as soon as possible. I'm sorry to say I can't at the moment...
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Dweller

QuoteAlso, still in need of a mecha spriter & scripters! Please support, thanks!!!

I found this Mecha sprite. Maybe you can find a spriter that can edit it (more easy than find one that makes a mecha from 0).
Dwellercoc

ShadowPierce

->Wow! That's great Dweller! This could probably be used as the standard mecha enemy! Thanks! So much! :D I've still got exams so I still can't focus on it right now... :'( I also can't modify the first post so I'll probably start adding updates by posting... :P

Thanks again! *levels up*

1161-0627-9890

Dweller

Dwellercoc

ShadowPierce

->I'm SO using these! Thanks! :haha:

So I should credit Lordmartins right? :D

1161-0627-9890

Dweller

Quote from: ShadowPierce on September 22, 2010, 08:53:30 am
->I'm SO using these! Thanks! :haha:

So I should credit Lordmartins right? :D

No, that is a portuguese/brazilian web,  but the links are from www.rpg-maker.fr, a france site (btw take a look at this link, more mechas... ). They don´t provide the autors names from the mechas, so I think you just mention that web as mecha resource provider.

Dwellercoc

ShadowPierce

->I think I remember these sprites from the RMXP example game kNight (not sure which was capitalized)... When I confirm this, then I'll just credit the project team of kNight... :haha:

1161-0627-9890

nathmatt

seeing that you have no scripters at all i might be able to help just pm or email me what you need and i will see what i can do
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

ShadowPierce

->HOLY SHIT! I love your mini scripts nath!!! I'll add you right away! :haha:

I don't have any problems as of now, but I'll PM you as soon as I finish my exams... :D

1161-0627-9890

Dweller

Quote from: ShadowPierce on September 23, 2010, 08:42:33 am
I don't have any problems as of now, but I'll PM you as soon as I finish my exams... :D

So you finally resolve your Hud request?
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,7005.0.html
Dwellercoc

ShadowPierce

->@Dweller: Not really... But I want to do it myself as much as possible... If I give up soon, I'll make sure to inform our *flinch**chuckles* scripter... yay :haha:

@nath: Thanks! Added you on the first post... My exams will be over tomorrow, Saturday... I'll contact you then... :D

1161-0627-9890

36inc

1 song and 2 sound effects ogg format(cause wav is too big)
http://www.box.net/shared/zch2273vy7
If you liked them please give me a proper criticism of the song and sounds.
I wanna know which direction this game takes so i can make appropriate music and sounds.

If I get accepted
I work mostly with Ogg,Wav and MP3
I am Rose Erin.

Subsonic_Noise

Theretotally isn't an edit feature for things like that.

36inc

September 24, 2010, 02:32:34 am #48 Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:48:39 am by 36inc
Oh! sorry I usually do forget there's an edit button on forums.
sorry bout that.

Ill try to remember it but forgive me i can be stupid lol
I am Rose Erin.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: 36inc on September 24, 2010, 02:32:34 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on September 24, 2010, 02:11:23 am
Theretotally isn't an edit feature for things like that.

eh elaborate?What do you mean?

The rules. Do people still read them? They sure don't say "Igbore the edit button, it's just decoration. Double post as uch as you want." tl;dr: If you have something to add to your post, edit it instead of making a new one, exept when someone posted after you or 24 hours have passed.

Calintz

I like them. They aren't like eye popping good, but they meet the standards of the Standard RTP.
About the dungeon one though. You said you wanted critique, so I kinda feel like that one starts off too slow. Like, I feel like the player will get into battles too much before the song even picks up to its best. I would say speed up the count to the piece's climax.

Good job though! I like them. :)

36inc

Quote from: Calintz on September 24, 2010, 02:57:25 am
I like them. They aren't like eye popping good, but they meet the standards of the Standard RTP.
About the dungeon one though. You said you wanted critique, so I kinda feel like that one starts off too slow. Like, I feel like the player will get into battles too much before the song even picks up to its best. I would say speed up the count to the piece's climax.

Good job though! I like them. :)

see I dont know that so i need more context like usage.now if I thought for a second this was a battle type song,the pace would be faster.but see I just thought bg music in dungeon.so thats what I made.Based on that is it good?
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

I mean yea, you're intentions are definitely in the right place. It's a good beat, but I suppose I am assuming that the encounter rate is high. I'm used to only taking like twenty or thirty steps on the map and BAM! This song won't have picked up by that time.

Anyway, looking at it from the view that it's a sample for admittance into the Wipe Team I would say it's great. If you're only showcasing your skillset, then I'd say you're talented. It did seem like the timing was off a little bit around the middle. About after the third rhythm came in, but IDK. I only listened to enough of the song to get the gist of it.

Overall grade... 'B-' for me.
I like it. =)

36inc

Quote from: Calintz on September 24, 2010, 03:17:43 am
I mean yea, you're intentions are definitely in the right place. It's a good beat, but I suppose I am assuming that the encounter rate is high. I'm used to only taking like twenty or thirty steps on the map and BAM! This song won't have picked up by that time.

Anyway, looking at it from the view that it's a sample for admittance into the Wipe Team I would say it's great. If you're only showcasing your skillset, then I'd say you're talented. It did seem like the timing was off a little bit around the middle. About after the third rhythm came in, but IDK. I only listened to enough of the song to get the gist of it.

Overall grade... 'B-' for me.
I like it. =)

http://www.myspace.com/katsutsuki/
My music can be pretty hit or miss,but hey thats development.
I have sites everywhere for music but myspace has the most allowable space.
so I can download large files.
I am Rose Erin.

ShadowPierce

->Great, just downloaded those 3 files & they were pretty good... :haha: You're hired! :D

BTW, I was listening to 'heaven' but my mom was on the other PC beside this one, when it started to sound like some adult movie... Unfortunately, my speakers were loud & she gave me some strange look... :xD: Anyway, they were all pretty good... Looking forward to working with you! :haha:

1161-0627-9890

36inc

September 24, 2010, 02:54:58 pm #55 Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 03:01:21 pm by 36inc
Quote from: ShadowPierce on September 24, 2010, 06:19:13 am
->Great, just downloaded those 3 files & they were pretty good... :haha: You're hired! :D

BTW, I was listening to 'heaven' but my mom was on the other PC beside this one, when it started to sound like some adult movie... Unfortunately, my speakers were loud & she gave me some strange look... :xD: Anyway, they were all pretty good... Looking forward to working with you! :haha:

yeah maybe i should of warned you.
Heaven was a product of me and a friend randomly finding funny Asian"movies"
The girl in it was hilarious the voice was mor like helium.
so I said Id use it.
I actualy used it in two songs cause I recorded 8 minutes of sound.lol

oh and thank you.
Everytime you make a new map or need a new sound
Im ganna need references to how its used so I know what tempo and how long to make it.
whenI give you the files theyll be named appropriately and sent to you in a zip folder.
cool? I use Ogg and Wav mostly cause My mp3 dont play on my rpgmakerXp/vx.
I am Rose Erin.

musti

I can help you out on the art part.
I can draw pretty decently, While my works are more or less anime inspired, it isn't generic anime.

''pics'': ShowHide

(A character art you may not use as this is something for someone else's game)

Subsonic_Noise

I came here to bash the art and am now upset because it's actually very awesome. :V
Do you think you can do postapocalyptic / futuristic artwork, too?

ShadowPierce

October 02, 2010, 05:26:43 am #58 Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 05:39:04 am by ShadowPierce
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on October 02, 2010, 04:29:03 amDo you think you can do postapocalyptic / futuristic artwork, too?
->NO! HE'S MINE!!! :V

@musti: Well, I actually need someone I can trust since this will be tedious work (I already mentioned in the first post that different poses will be made for different emotions)... No offense... Though I'd still ask for your contact details because I'm very impressed by your work... I might consider you, and lvlup for being such an awesome newcomer... :haha:

EDIT:
->@Team Wipe: Sorry if I haven't been updating lately... :'( I was advised by my doctor to go to sleep by 8-9pm because "my insomnia is all in my head" and my only free time is during my insomnia time... :P I'll still try to do as much as I can in the 2-3hours of daily free time I have...  :gunz:

I hope for your kind considerations... Thanks!!! :haha:

1161-0627-9890

musti

Quote from: ShadowPierce on October 02, 2010, 05:26:43 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on October 02, 2010, 04:29:03 amDo you think you can do postapocalyptic / futuristic artwork, too?
->NO! HE'S MINE!!! :V

@musti: Well, I actually need someone I can trust since this will be tedious work (I already mentioned in the first post that different poses will be made for different emotions)... No offense... Though I'd still ask for your contact details because I'm very impressed by your work... I might consider you, and lvlup for being such an awesome newcomer... :haha:

EDIT:
->@Team Wipe: Sorry if I haven't been updating lately... :'( I was advised by my doctor to go to sleep by 8-9pm because "my insomnia is all in my head" and my only free time is during my insomnia time... :P I'll still try to do as much as I can in the 2-3hours of daily free time I have...  :gunz:

I hope for your kind considerations... Thanks!!! :haha:

No offense taken, If you're interested just send me a pm :0

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on October 02, 2010, 04:29:03 am
I came here to bash the art and am now upset because it's actually very awesome. :V
Do you think you can do postapocalyptic / futuristic artwork, too?

LOL, would you really have done that if my art was crap:X?
either way futuristic/apocalyptic? I can expand on all types of art, but I would like you to elaborate on what you mean with that, like cyberpun-ish, techno or whatever.
Once I get a clear view on what you mean, I wouldn't mind doing art for you(as long as you give me credits and stuff :P)

ShadowPierce

Quote from: musti on October 02, 2010, 08:18:11 amLOL, would you really have done that if my art was crap:X?
->Oh believe me, he will... :V:

BTW, expect an e-mail from me in a day or two... :D

1161-0627-9890

musti

Quote from: ShadowPierce on October 02, 2010, 08:35:52 am
Quote from: musti on October 02, 2010, 08:18:11 amLOL, would you really have done that if my art was crap:X?
->Oh believe me, he will... :V:

BTW, expect an e-mail from me in a day or two... :D

lol looking forward to it:)

ShadowPierce

->First post edited... Sorry but I'm going through a tough time in my life right now... If you still want to apply, please leave a post here & I'll look into it as soon as I get back to game making...

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

September 16, 2011, 02:04:17 pm #63 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:26:53 pm by ShadowPierce
->Phoenix Down! >:3

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

->Edited first post...

ATTN:MarkHest: ShowHide
Quote from: ShadowPierce on July 11, 2010, 12:13:49 pm
Open positions:

Spriters:

• *none*
       • *none*
       • dwellercocCurrently taking small tasks

Scripters:

• nathmatt
       • SBR*
       • *none*

Artists:

• *none*

Title/Gameover

• *none
       • *none

Sound Effects:

*none*

Dialogue Improvement:

• *none*

:xD:

1161-0627-9890

Fantasist

Signing up for Title/Gameover.

Other tasks I'm qualified for but not applying: scripting (sans Blizz-ABS), dialogue improvement (am a grammar Nazi myself) and windowskin design.
I'm mentioning these because I don't mind contributing to these areas a little once in a while if needed. Also because I wanted you to know I have enough scripting knowledge combined with Photoshopping skills to make a uniquely animated title screen (think TLoL IV's title screen for example).
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

ShadowPierce

->Fantasist replied!!! :w00t:

I always admired your work, so I never thought someone like you would apply for a humble project like mine... :D Anyway, I'll be editing the first post... I'm assigning you to Title/Gameover... I could use some help in scripting and dialogue improvement every once in a while, but I'll keep those open in case someone would like to fully take the position... :haha:

Thanks for applying, and welcome to Team Wipe! :haha: I'll send you a title request pretty soon... :3

1161-0627-9890

Fantasist

October 03, 2011, 12:03:07 pm #67 Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:05:15 pm by Fantasist
Oh my! I'm flattered  :shy:
I'm only doing title and gameover pics, it's no biggie. I'm waiting for the first assignment :)
(I'm off to play Arkham Asylum for a couple of hours)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

ShadowPierce

Edited first post. :3

Sound Specialist position edited.
Artist edited.

Recruitment is once again open, but please don't expect too much progress for the next 2 months...

...yet. ;)

1161-0627-9890

SquareMan

Okay so I know on the original Wipe i kinda dragged ass about mapping, so I don't know if you want me on the team but if you ever want to do voices, I can voice act, and I know I'd be able to do that without losing interest because I do youtube commentating.

ShadowPierce

Lol, sure thing... I've been pretty busy recently though, but I'll try and get it going again once I buy a laptop... :3

1161-0627-9890