I can use some help o-o

Started by Shalaren, July 24, 2010, 03:56:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalaren

im using this scripit
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=5907.0
and the Blizz abs, but when I put them together, they dont seem to like eachother o-o
and I get all bunch of errors X:

is there a way to make them work together somehow?

ForeverZer0

What errors?
It is likely related to the pixel-movement in BABS.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Shalaren

by bunch of errors I mean that everytime i try to fix it, it gives a different error
"Script 'Multiple Message Windows' line 755: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method 'enemy_Sprites' for #<Spriteset_map:0x6f41408>"
thats the error,
what do I have to do to fix that?

ForeverZer0

Not sure. I did not write the MMS script, just de-SDKed it, though I kind of doubted it would be compatible with BABS. It has been a while since I viewed the script, but I may take another look at it. I remember when I was messing with it, I saw a lot of room for improvement in the compatibility department. I noticed a lot of over-written methods, as opposed to aliasing them, etc., etc..

The main issue I could pretty much guarantee an issue with would be the ability to move with open windows, and a custom movement script together, which BABS comes with.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Shalaren

ahh, well if you find a solution let me know!
thanks.

Shining Riku

July 25, 2010, 10:24:43 pm #5 Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:25:54 pm by Shining Riku
Hey, I actually got them to work together, believe it or not.

It's the weirdest thing though. Put a 1 frame wait command before the FIRST text window you use in each event/event page, and it should work. I believe I put the message system script above BABS

Let me know if it works or not. it worked for me but you never know...Also you'll need both the edited scripts Forever Zer0 included in his demo. They have ** in their names to show that they've been edited.

And I gotta say it makes BABS even more awesome ^_^

Shalaren

nah doesnt work X:
could you maybe give me a demo?

Shining Riku

Sure, i'll have one up later today. If that's ok

Shalaren