[XP] Telekinesai

Started by Karltheking4, July 18, 2010, 07:38:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Karltheking4

July 18, 2010, 07:38:28 pm Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 03:17:45 am by Karltheking4

Hey, well, I've decided I would try and make a game that is at least half-decent, but it will be based mainly around a man in an experiment lab on Earth how then escaping and doing random stuff with hi telekiensis and elemental attack powers.
Plot
Spoiler: ShowHide
Anyway, in this lab, a bunch of scientists have been testing genetics and cloning on the humans, to make them stronger, more intelligent, to fly, and impossible ablitlites, like telekinesis. The player progresses through the tests well at first, as all of them do. He begins the game with no knowledge of how he got there, how he can move stuff with his mind, or even why he obeys the voice coming from inside his head, that tells him to complete the challenges in front of him. So the player finishes these increasingly difficult challenges, and something happens (I don't know what yet) and the guy manages to escape, after meeting up with another group of escaped humans, all equally as 'special' as him. The metal device that was lodged in his brain was removed, and it was explained the this was the 'voice' the told him to complete the challenges, just a remote that the scientists used to keep the humans on the test. He lives in the outside world for sometime, doing tasks and whatnot, till he eventually sets his mind on finding out what actually happens within the lab, so he ventures in. He finds the genetics area of the lab, and watches the scientists treat the clones and test subjects like cattle, testing unknown things, and killing those slightly ill, so he goes and sets a bunch of them free, and then breaks into the main genetics part of the lab, and stabs himself (or is injected, or falls on the injection) with a highly new experimental gene fulled concoction that gives him pyrokinesis. He robs the place of it information, (stealing it of the computers) and learns how to make more concoctions of other telekinesai abilities (hydrokinesis, pyrokinesis, etc.) so then he travels the world does a bunch of stuff, and tracks down the main men who started the operation, and kills them.

Character Description
 Unfortunetly I need a basic character description :( And I'm terrible at these, so it'll be short until I've got the basic gameplay finished :P (PLEASE DON'T LOCK THIS THREAD JUST BEACUSE OF THIS PART!)
The Hero: (You name him) He is a human (maybe a clone) for a start. He wakes up in a grey room with a laser beam and a box behind it, with no prior knowledge of how he got there. He then takes commands from the voice inside his head, that acts as a tutorial. He starts the game knowing nothing, so once he is out, he seeks answers, and to make the creators of this horrid project pay.

Gameplay
Well, in this game, you can use your power of telekinesis to send this little purple orb of power out from your body, and hover over objects and make them move, to either solve puzzles or to attack monsters by using elemental kinesai. You stand still and hold [shift] to send out the telekinesis orb, and hold [a] to use the kinesai you've selected, (in the hud by pressing q and w), the telekinesis ball will then turn into that type of kinesai, and you can smack it into monsters to do elemental damage of that type.

Okay, that's not all, I also am putting in an elemental attack system, which rmxp starts with, but because I'm making my own abs, (not blizz abs -_-) using only events, it's not the easiest thing. But anyway, here's my attempt at explaining it.

Controls

• SHIFT: Sends out the purpl kinesai ball/cursor thing, which, when it's on top of an object, will make the object move along with it.

• Q: Okay, the idea is, when you have learnt at least two kinesai (new word, kinesis's is too hard to say...) you can scroll through them using Q and W, with the skill at the top left next to the health. Q scrolls it left.

• W: scrolls right.

• A: this lucky thing has the best job. When the kinesai ball is out (your pressing shift), press this beauty button to switch the telekinesis orb into the kinesai orb of the selected kinesai. (eg. Pyrokinesis is seleceted, press [shift] and [a], and the ball will turn into a flame. Doing fire damage to enemies when hit)

• S: When the kinesai ball is hovered over stuff, you press this, and it'll move each of the objects in a random direction. It's to stop objects from overlaping eachother.

• D: Press this when an object is being moved, to release it of your telekinesai charm. lol.

Kinesai
( the powers/skills you can learn)

First is there main effect on objects, monsters, plants and people, second is what they SHOULD look like on field and if I have a character sheet for that element. I plan to make my own ABS type of thing, using only events. Fun. NOTE: all these (with the exception of teleport) can be leveled up to lvl 10, you get points from when you normally level, which can be spent on 1 of the kinesai.

• Pyrokinesis - Sets objects and monsters (and people) on fire, also removes ice - Fire [have]
  • Electrokinesis - may also control robots, computers, magnets or something - Lightning
  • Hydrokinesis - Puts out fire... that's about as much as I can gather for the moment... - Water ball [have]
  • Cryokinesis - Can freeze water and people - sharp ice crystal thing
  • Aerokinesis - ... I can't really think of anything - wind ball thing, like the one in aang the avatar makes, and rides on.
  • Botanokinesis - can make plants grow, or un-grow... - How should this look? Like aerokinesis, 'cept green... maybe a tangle of floating moving vines?
  • Geokinesis - I also can't really think of anything that this can do - A rock o_O what did you expect? [have, though it kinda sucks]
  • Magnekinesis - Metal... umm... - should look like..?
  • Vitakinesis - Heals you or some random person on the street - just the basic heal action thingy
  • Self teleporation - teleports you anywhere you little telekinesis ball is (omg, that sounds wrong, just to clarify, it will not teleport you into your pants...  :^_^':) - Just the basic magic skill animation

Elemental system thingy

Anyway, as you can (perhaps not so) clearly see, there are 8 elements, pretty standard in most games.

Attacking a wind monster with pyrokinesis (fire) does 3 times as much damage as, say attacking a normal monster.

I'm complicating this, aren't I?

Lets take Electro.
If you use electrokinesis on a:
  • Botano (nature) monster will do 3 times as much damage
  • Aero (wind) monster will do 2 times as much damage
  • Pyro/hydro/cryo/normal monster will do average damage
  • Geo (earth) monster will do half as much damage
  • Magne (metal) monster will do nothing
  • another electro (thunder) monster will heal it

Screenshots

Lol, please don't judge the mapping  :haha:
Look at that shiny new hud I made... ohh... :clap:

Would love to hear your thoughts :D

Updates:
I have a gameplay demo, it's not long and is only 10 megabytes, but it's pretty awesome
|
V
http://rapidshare.com/files/407593457/Telekinesai.rar - this demo sucks and doesn't work properly, I'll have another demo soon though, don't you worry!

(Plz tell me of any bug/glitches/blah blah thanks :D )

I dare someone to look at the events and live :P

lonely_cubone

I like this idea but... I don't get the demo. When you press shift, the rock goes away, so how can you control it? Still, if I'm just misunderstanding something or you get everything to work, this should be a very interesting game.

Also, if Kinesai is supposed to be plural for kinesis, it should be spelled Kinesi, without the A.

Karltheking4

Opps sorry, That big stone isn't supposed to appear :^_^':
The way to get it normally working, is to talk to the earth guy, and use geokinesis on the pebble/sandy bits on the ground, then go ove to the hole at the top and use geokinesis on the hole while holding the stone, the small stone, will go away, then do the same on the sandy/pebble bits of ground till you get the big stone :P

Don't ya' think kinesai sounds better than kinesi (and it sounds Japanese, is that good..? :P )
(lol, I just found the companion cube smilie :cclove:)

lonely_cubone

They're pronounced the same, it's just a matter of spelling. And I still can't get the demo to work. Geokinesis doesn't do anything to the hole at the top of the screen, even after I use it on the pebbles. Maybe you should write a full explanation of what to do?

Karltheking4

Ahh, nevermind, that demo wasn't very good anyway...
I'll upload a new one sometime soon, and will make sure everythings working properly before.... which I probably should have done before uploading this! :^_^':