need a titleset

Started by njiua, July 19, 2010, 05:06:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

njiua

hey everybody,

i've seen an huge title set, bud nowadays i can't find it anywhere, does one of you know where i can get one with all the other titlesets in it?

thanks^^

SquareMan

You should post this in the resource request thread and plus, you dont want a tileset with all the other tilesets in it, it can cause a lot of lag and will take ages to set the passiblility, you should just combine the tilesets you need.
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!

Spaceman McConaughey

July 19, 2010, 11:46:14 pm #2 Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:58:26 pm by Branden
Quote from: SquareMan on July 19, 2010, 05:19:15 pm
You should post this in the resource request thread and plus, you dont want a tileset with all the other tilesets in it, it can cause a lot of lag and will take ages to set the passiblility, you should just combine the tilesets you need.

lolwut? Cause a lot of lag? Who the fuck told you that? And how can he "not want" it? He clearly says he wants it right here. And also: yes, it will take a while to set passibility stuff.

winkio

It can cause a lot of lag.  The whole point of a tileset is that it is a small image that can be used to create a much larger map.  To do this, the image has to be cached in memory and referenced every time a tile draws.  If the tileset is huge, it slows this process down a lot.  SquareMan gave a superb answer in this thread.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: winkio on July 19, 2010, 11:50:34 pm
It can cause a lot of lag.  The whole point of a tileset is that it is a small image that can be used to create a much larger map.  To do this, the image has to be cached in memory and referenced every time a tile draws.  If the tileset is huge, it slows this process down a lot.  SquareMan gave a superb answer in this thread.

I never noticed a lot of lag when using one of those freakishly big tilesets, and my computer sucks. So whoever experiences lag from it really needs to update their system more than some people, I'd say.

winkio

It's the limits of RMXPs engine, not your computer.  Perhaps you didn't lag because you didn't have as much going on in the map.  RMXP has a finite amount of resources that can be allocated to scripts, graphics, etc.  The more you waste on an ungodly large tileset, the less you have for other things.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: winkio on July 19, 2010, 11:59:00 pm
It's the limits of RMXPs engine, not your computer.  Perhaps you didn't lag because you didn't have as much going on in the map.  RMXP has a finite amount of resources that can be allocated to scripts, graphics, etc.  The more you waste on an ungodly large tileset, the less you have for other things.

lol, I did have quite a bit going on. And I don't even use those things anymore, because now I merge only a couple tilesets I need instead of using a poorly fused ultimate tileset(when I say poorly, I mean they do an awful job. There's errors all over them.).

Lobstrosity

http://www.rpg-palace.com/downloads/details.php?id=250 Heres a link to a site that has a download link. According to winkio and SquareMan larger tilesets cause lag, so use it at your own risk!   (I have never used a large tileset before, so I have no idea about the amount of lag they cause. xD)
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

element

here is one by me : http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5041.0.html
It never caused lag with me but could be it can come later :p

poxy

The ultimate tiles caused a lot of lag on my game. I recommend splitting it in half at least. The way I did it was Ultimate outdoor: divided between nature and town/castle. Ultimate indoor: cave and building interior. I'll post them up if anyone wants.
My Project: ShowHide

Jek

Well, I thought of making charsets that replace alot of the tiles. Becuase most of the time, I just want one or two things from one map to put into another. I never got around to it, but I will one of these days.

Blizzard

Long tilesets only eat up RAM.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

arialks

lol i have a map with a long tileset, before it enters that map, its like not moving for 7 seconds X:
and you guys are off topic