Recruitment Thread for Shalaren The Shattered Metropolis

Started by Shalaren, July 19, 2010, 10:22:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalaren

July 19, 2010, 10:22:48 am Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 03:19:29 pm by shalaren metropolis

Thats the company, though since Im looking for help , if you have a company and want to Invest on the game.
your company will get a splash screen too.

The story is about a Metropolis obviously. shalaren was a young man at the time, he spends countless years in the human army fighting demons, throughout his years he learned magic from magicians all over the world. It was a war that never ended between the humans and the demons. Magicians gave up because they did not have a seal strong enough to hold the demons, and that's when the Sagittars showed up, they were able to fight the demons but only for a while, the number of the demons is just getting bigger,  they weren't strong enough, none was, there were too many demons taking over. And that's when one of the ancient magicians tells shalaren that there is a spell that can keep demons at bay but comes at a price, the price is death. That's why no magician ever used it yet. Shalaren looking at the metropolis being destroyed and decides to offer his life to enable the spell, when he dies, the spell allows his power to spread over the city, and that's when the city was named after his name. All the Shalarenians gained special Strength that will allow them to fight all the rest of the demons. But the spell's limit is that it only keeps larger demons away but smaller demons are able to penetrate the spell's shield, the only way to summon the larger demons is by using dark magic, but with Shalaren's death, dark magic became the forbidden magic, and anyone who uses that magic will pay with their life. The reason that the shalarenians pay with their life for crimes is because they are destroying what shalaren died to protect, thus killing them is an act of respect.
Shalaren Metropolis now exists to protect humans from the demons and keep the secrets of the underworld hidden from the rest of the world.

Rewrited at august 25 2010
Hey you guys! I edited this page completely, cause the game changed alot ever since I opened the thread.
I took all the screenshots down because as I said, its not how the game looks right now. I would put new screenshots, but I feel like its still not the time, I will realease screenshots only when I'll complete the mapping and the quests. The thing is I still hadnt made any monsters, weapons, skills, etc because things are moving really slow when there is none to help.

and I want you to know, if you join the team, means you'll own the game too when we realese it. credits will be provided to everyone. and not just a credit file inside the game folder. it'll be provided in the game.

what do I need?

• Scripiter - Im not a scripiter and have no Idea how it works, the only thing I do with scripits is move locations around. so I need a scripiter, not for making unique scripits but just to help with scripiting

-
  • pixel artist - aw man this is going to help so much, there are just some sprites I still dont have.

-
  • Mapper - I am a horrible Mapper! period. I have the tilesets I need but i cant map them the way I want, and I know there's some good mappers here.

-
  • Writer - I need someone to write the background story of the Metropolis! in another way write the history of it. what happens in the history is only a history of the Island, but itsnot the plot in the game!

I did some brain storming, so here it is
Spoiler: ShowHide

everything that is red, is stuff that have to be mentioned in the story! in some way.
all the green stuff is stuff that the history needs to be built from, it doesnt have to be mentioned (it can if you want) but thos things are importent facts.
everything that is black, are just small facts, does not have to be mentioned at all, its just to let youy understand.
all the Blue things, do not need to be in the history at all! its what is going ot happend in the game! (the gameplay) I put it there just so you make connection from to history to the gameplay.
Credit will be shown on the title screen!
if you are a writer and want to help. reply here or pm me, or just start writing and send me the complete copy, it doesnt really matter.
Thanks!

I will provide screenshots later!. I just need people to join! X:.

I really need a mapper now S:! I have only one city and its still not completed.
as you see at the map I have only the city part. I still need someone to map a city named
"Sagittar Nation" S: Please Join! the credits are not small D:.

cyclope

I can help in mapping and i can do some scripting
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

Shalaren

if you can upload a small screenshot for something that you mapped.. it'll be great :)

I am right now uploading a demo with the tilesets, for the mappers
(who ever) to know whats there to map :) (still working on a autotile for the tileset  :O.o:)

cyclope

Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

Shalaren

that looks good :P, you think youèll be able to map a 120,120 map? it is suppose to be a city with the castle on the top,
if you are up to it, let me know Ill pm you the tileset!

BTW! added more screenshots of how is the game right now!

cyclope

sure i can, send me the tileset and hive me the details of how you want it to look
Things I Hate

Shalaren

July 31, 2010, 01:29:26 am #6 Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:39:27 am by Blizzard
Alright i sent you, if you didnt get it tell me ill send it again o-o

Another Screenshot!
thats an update of today.

Need more people :3

WhiteRose

Please put your images in spoilers so as not to use so much bandwidth. Anyway, one thing that would help your game to look quite a bit better would be to have a custom Z-HUD created. The default HUD is simple and straight to the point, but it's not really pretty or eye-catching. Because of the extensive customization options for the Z-HUD plugin, you can create almost any sort of HUD without much trouble.

Blizzard

And it would look a lot better with proper grammar. >.<
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shalaren

July 31, 2010, 06:10:07 am #9 Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:46:20 am by shalaren metropolis
@Dartha Stewart, yeah sorry, totally forgot about that, Ill remember to put the spoilers next time S:, and I planned to make a different hud from the begining, I just didnt do it yet, thats all D:.

@Darth Naughty, Meh, Ill try my best X:

thanks guys :)

Edit:
here is another screenshot,

Im having alot of trouble with this hud, so if one of you could help :P
is there a way to do that so when u start the game the hotkeys and minimap would be on automaticly?
and there's a way that instead of those red squares for the hot keys I could put some picture?
thanks for who ever could help! :)

Blizzard

Quote from: shalaren metropolis on July 31, 2010, 06:10:07 am
is there a way to do that so when u start the game the hotkeys and minimap would be on automaticly?

Just check the manual, there are script calls for that.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shalaren

July 31, 2010, 08:47:41 pm #11 Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:05:11 pm by shalaren metropolis
yep found them,  thanks,
and there's a way that instead of those red squares for the hot keys I could put some background picture?

umm and apparently I need people to test the Game! xD
to find bugs and to fix grammer! :) could really help!.

WhiteRose

I suppose I could help you with spelling and grammar and what-not. It would be easiest if you could send me an unencrypted version of the project, and I'll just look through and correct any mistakes I find. You can remove your graphic and audio files and such-like, if you're worried about sending an unencrypted project. It might take me a day or two to get around to it as I'm helping a few other people right now, though the actual proofreading should only take a couple hours at most.

Shalaren

August 01, 2010, 12:50:38 am #13 Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 03:29:09 am by shalaren metropolis
sure thanks :P
but I guess I'll send it to you later, because i dont have much on the project right now to fix..
so once I'll feel like Ive completed enough for it to be checked I'll send you a demo.

more screen's

arialks

I can help with scripits :P ill pm you for some examples.

Shalaren

Quote from: arialks on August 01, 2010, 11:38:57 pm
I can help with scripits :P ill pm you for some examples.

ur in :P
---
ok I updated the post.. please consider joining S:!

arialks

lol for some reason I cant get Pms o-o, can you send me the demo in email?

Shalaren

Bump!
read August-23-10 Update!
dont mind the rest of the post if you already read it before.

lonely_cubone

Just a tip, you might want to change Darth One-Eye back to cyclope, and Dartha Stewart back to WhiteRose, in your first post. If you didn't know, those were their names during Darth Week, so it'd make more sense to use their actual usernames.

WhiteRose

I consider myself an excellent writer, and would love to help you out. However, I do require a bit of freedom with the story; if you give me general guidelines (eg: character and place names, etc.,) I can follow them, but I can't work with extreme specifics (can't think of any examples, though; very few things are "extremely specific.") Are you interested in my help?

Shalaren

Quote from: WhiteRose on August 24, 2010, 12:08:53 am
I consider myself an excellent writer, and would love to help you out. However, I do require a bit of freedom with the story; if you give me general guidelines (eg: character and place names, etc.,) I can follow them, but I can't work with extreme specifics (can't think of any examples, though; very few things are "extremely specific.") Are you interested in my help?

yeah I needed to add that, you can add anything to the story, make up characters and stuff. as long as it has a full connection to the things I put up there. so yeah it'd be great if you could  :P

Edit: you can make anything in the story, make up plots and stuff, the things i gave you are just parts of what the story should be like.

@lonely_cubone
Huh I knew that, I guess I was just to lazy to edit that till now xD.
-
Anyone else? :3

WhiteRose

Alright, I'm probably going to be a little busy for the next couple of days as I'm moving, but once I'm settled in, I'll do some writing for you.

Shalaren

Quote from: WhiteRose on August 24, 2010, 08:14:40 pm
Alright, I'm probably going to be a little busy for the next couple of days as I'm moving, but once I'm settled in, I'll do some writing for you.

Kay thanks ^^,
anyone else?