Radical Dreamers

Started by WhiteRose, July 21, 2010, 08:06:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

Quote from: Diokatsu on July 27, 2010, 12:01:49 am
Do you want me to do the HUD, Title, Gameover and other such things? I'd be glad to do it :p

I'd appreciate it if you would. I've already made a title with which I'm mostly happy, though if you'd like I'm sure you could improve upon it or even make an entirely new, better one. As for the gameover graphics, I'll pull up the game right now and go kill myself (in the game) to see what it looks like; I don't think I've ever actually seen one before. In fact, I'm not sure there even is a game over screen. I'll go find out, in any case. And as for the HUD, I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work yet. It's almost more of an adventure game than a straight-out RPG.

Diokatsu

Gotcha. Just tell me whenever you want it and we can work the details out. I'm in no rush.

poxy

Quote from: WhiteRose on July 26, 2010, 06:53:43 pm
Excellent. Very well done. I'll go ahead and put him in the game.

Thanks.. I think it's one of my better ones. It beats working with RTP sprites, and I like the CT style more.

Also, I started teh Kid sprite:

Is it alright? Just want some input before I do the rest of it..
My Project: ShowHide

Diokatsu

Quote from: Darth Darth on July 29, 2010, 03:32:53 am

Thanks.. I think it's one of my better ones. It beats working with RTP sprites, and I like the CT style more.

That's cute.

WhiteRose

July 29, 2010, 11:24:12 am #24 Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 07:54:52 pm by Dartha Stewart
Quote from: Darth Darth on July 29, 2010, 03:32:53 am

Fantastic! I love it. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Updated first post.

WhiteRose

*legally doubleposts*

Hey, I don't suppose you've made any progress on those sprites? I don't mean to rush you; I'm just making sure you don't forget.

ForeverZer0

@whiterose
So, no pressure for my finishing the CBS...  :D

Thus far the system only uses the standard spritesets, though I did plan on at least creating the option to use additional spritesets at some point for different stances, movements, etc.

I hope this CBS is up to par with what you need though. I've been lazy for the last couple of nights and haven't done shit with it, but I'll tackle some more tonight probably. Sorry for the wait!  :P
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

poxy

I've been kind of busy with my summer semester. Once I finish my exams next week I'll have a lot of free time to work on teh sprites. I haven't forgotten about the project. :)

WhiteRose

Quote from: poxysmash on August 12, 2010, 05:15:28 pm
I've been kind of busy with my summer semester. Once I finish my exams next week I'll have a lot of free time to work on teh sprites. I haven't forgotten about the project. :)

No worries. I'm not really in much of a rush.

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on August 12, 2010, 04:32:29 pm
@whiterose
So, no pressure for my finishing the CBS...  :D

Thus far the system only uses the standard spritesets, though I did plan on at least creating the option to use additional spritesets at some point for different stances, movements, etc.

I hope this CBS is up to par with what you need though. I've been lazy for the last couple of nights and haven't done shit with it, but I'll tackle some more tonight probably. Sorry for the wait!  :P

Nope, no pressure. Just whenever you get around to it is fine. It sounds like it'll be just about perfect. Once it's done and I've tried it out, I'll let you know if I can think of any suggestions for improvement.

poxy

This is Kid WIP:
Spoiler: ShowHide

I'm putting it up b/c I'm not sure if I can get the ponytail done and looking right. Also, some parts don't look right because I haven't done the touch up after up-scaling it from the half size (I add detail and fix it up then).

WhiteRose

Quote from: poxysmash on August 21, 2010, 10:53:07 pm
This is Kid WIP:

I'm putting it up b/c I'm not sure if I can get the ponytail done and looking right. Also, some parts don't look right because I haven't done the touch up after up-scaling it from the half size (I add detail and fix it up then).

It looks fantastic so far! I'm afraid I'm not any good at spriting, so I can't give you any tips on how to make the ponytail look right. Maybe if you fire up a copy of Chrono Cross and watch how it moves when she walks or runs it might give you some ideas.

poxy

Yep, I've taken some screens of CC in emulator, to try and get the look right.
Well, here is the final:

The ponytail and hair from the back still don't seem right to me. I'm giving up for now, but I may jump back to it later.

Here are the half-sized sprites for Serge and Kid, just in case they're handy:

I'll do Magil next, (using CT base of Magus), tho I can edit it to make him seem younger or different otherwise. (Idk if he's younger or older in the game...)

WhiteRose

Looks fantastic! Great work; I'm impressed. I'll go ahead and put those into the game. As for Magil's sprite, he is actually older, though probably not by much. The most important thing to remember is that he wears a golden mask covering the top of his face. Apart from that, not much physical description is given in the game. Once this last sprite is finished, (Lynx doesn't show up until the very end, so he can wait,) and Zer0 gets around to finishing the CBS, I'll be able to release the first demo.

"CT, CC and RD Spoilers": ShowHide

If you'll recall, in the original ending of Chrono Trigger, when the party members are leaving, Magus goes through the portal without a word. Lucca says, "So, you're going to look for Schala?" He doesn't answer, but she's right. As you'll know if you've played through Chrono Cross, when Lavos was summoned in the Ocean Palace, Crono was killed, (though saved when the party replaced him with a dummy if you did the sidequest,) Zeal was sent to the Black Omen, Janus (Magus) was sent to the Middle Ages, and the three Gurus were sent to their respective periods. However, Schala, the one closest to Lavos, was fused with Lavos and the formation was sent to the Darkness Beyond Time. In order to save herself, she created a clone of herself and sent it back to the Present, where it was found and raised by Lucca. That's Kid. Magus somehow figures this out, and goes through time (it's unknown exactly how, as the gates are closed by this point and Crono has the Epoch, assuming it wasn't destroyed during the game,) to save her when Lynx attacks Lucca's home and kills her along with all of the other children sans Kid thanks to Magus, who is now passing himself off as Magil. Radical Dreamers takes place about ten years after these events. Thus, as stated in the opening to the game, Magil is probably in his early thirties or so.

G_G

Quote from: poxysmash on August 21, 2010, 10:53:07 pm
This is Kid WIP:

<3 Your using my program :3

poxy

August 24, 2010, 09:10:22 pm #34 Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:52:19 pm by poxysmash
Quote from: game_guy on August 24, 2010, 03:17:14 pm
<3 Your using my program :3

Yep :]

Quote from: WhiteRose on August 24, 2010, 12:41:47 pm
Looks fantastic! Great work; I'm impressed. I'll go ahead and put those into the game. As for Magil's sprite, he is actually older, though probably not by much. The most important thing to remember is that he wears a golden mask covering the top of his face. Apart from that, not much physical description is given in the game. Once this last sprite is finished, (Lynx doesn't show up until the very end, so he can wait,) and Zer0 gets around to finishing the CBS, I'll be able to release the first demo.

Thanks. Okays, I'll add a mask, probably avoid the age thing. :]
BTW, have you found any tilesets? Just curious.

WhiteRose

I think I should be able to rip the tilesets from Chrono Trigger without much trouble by using Temporal Flux. They might require just a bit of editing to fit perfectly with RMXP, but overall, I don't think it'll be much trouble.

Used in conjunction with RTP tilesets and those that I can scrounge up, I shouldn't have any issues. However, I'll let you know if I need anything specific.

poxy

Finished Magil at last :D

Masked:

Unmasked:

WhiteRose

Quote from: poxysmash on September 05, 2010, 05:05:52 pm
Finished Magil at last :D

Masked:

Unmasked:

Awesome! It looks great! Now that the main characters are complete, it'll make designing things so much easier. Thanks so much for your help! Once Zer0 gets the battle system finished, (hopefully that'll be somewhat soon,) I'll probably have the first demo up in a couple of days.

poxy

You're welcome, glad I could help. I'm anxious to see that demo.

Diokatsu

Quote from: poxysmash on September 06, 2010, 01:21:34 am
You're welcome, glad I could help. I'm anxious to see that demo.

Talented help is talent. ++