"Emotion" pop-up bubble on map (RMXP)

Started by Sase, July 23, 2010, 09:05:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sase

Anyone who played Final Fantasy IX knows what I'm talking about. I need it for RMXP. Must work with RTAB. Nice if it works with Tons of Add-Ons.

When you go next to certain event types, a bubble pops up on top of the player. Ie: when you can talk to someone, open a treasure chest etc. When the bubble is "on", pressing action button will turn you towards the event that caused it (treasure chest) and the event will activate (and the bubble disappear). Similar was in FFIX where hidden treasure were marked this way.

So in short: A sprite shows ontop of player when you are 1 tile away (right next to) event of certain name (or whatever method is used to find these special events) and it can be activated from 1 tile away (automatically turn towards it etc).

Some picture examples:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Subsonic_Noise

Script request? Seriously? This can easily be evented, even without usng any variables at all.

Blizzard

I agree. On top, it would be a lot simpler.

Also, I've seen a few scripts for that out there already.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sase

It needs to work with events with random movement (ie: npc's) so It would be pretty troubleful to make it that way.

Blizzard

It wouldn't be troubleful at all. You can get any character's screen coordinates with an event command. That makes 2 additional event commands for the X and Y coordinate.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sase

And for a map that has several of these it will greatly increase the lag (big maps with alot of events), and I already have some parallels that are working nonstop.

Blizzard

That's bullshit. Just put it in an already existing event. You won't even notice 10 additional event commands. Also, if you have already several parallel processes running, then you're doing it already wrong. I never had the need for more than 3 parallel processes and that was only on a few rare occasions with minigames that require separately updated processes due to delayed update (i.e. when using wait commands). Everything else works just fine with one single parallel process. And if you have giant maps in your game, then you are doing it very wrong.

blackfox1250

blizz is right not to mention you can changeup the exclamation animation thing(srry i forgot what its called) so its on not over players or events.

Calintz

October 04, 2010, 09:38:52 pm #8 Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:40:22 pm by Calintz
I agree with the raging snowstorm on this one...
Here...you can even use my custom emoticons I created for ojp.

This was originally created for Game_Guy's Quest Log, but you might be able to use it for this.
If you use it don't worry about credit. I don't want it.

Spoiler: ShowHide

**use the opacity event code to enable a blinking effect.