(RMXP) multiple story selection??

Started by Zolnova, July 24, 2010, 12:02:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zolnova

Came up with some sort of idea, multiple story selections.
Depending on which hero I choose, like Zero or leviathan, I follow down their specific story until I fight the hero's main enemy (Zero's main enemy would be Weil for example).
After doing so the game will ask me if I wish to continue using the selected hero or chose a different hero and start theirs.

Now my main question is, is this doable?
And if so, how? Script? Events?

If anyone can help me I'd be very grateful.

Wizered67

This could easily be evented by using show choice events to ask the player what they want to do. Then, depending on who they choose, you could turn on a switch or transfer the player to a different map.

Zolnova

I did think that, but I'm not sure what to enter in for the game to remember the other character lvls when selecting a different character.
And to remember what character story completions.
So I could do something similar to some sonic games, complete multiple stories to unlock a final boss.

Blizzard

You have various variable operations for that instead of switch operations. Use your imagination a bit. You can work it all out with just a little bit of a careful eventing.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Event Master

If you want to save the stats of the players, use an event that removes an actor, then inserts another WITHOUT initializing. Initialize puts in the charecter with it's initial stats, and not any that it has gained. If you don't initialize, you don't have to save the stats as variables.

For the multiple stories, just have a switch turn on when one story is completed, then make a condition that something happens when all switches for all stories have been activated.

You can also do that for charecter progress. Once you complete a stage or section of that story for that charecter, turn on a switch that says you completed it.

Making save points would be a better idea in this game than being able to save anywhere, by the sound of it.

If you want it so that the player resumes where they saved, make 3 variables, one that save the chaecter's X, one for Y, and one for Map ID, then have the charecter warp to that spot when you begin the game as that charecter. Make sure you do this for each charecter.
World's Greatest Gravedigger