Alien Swarm

Started by Blizzard, July 25, 2010, 05:20:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

So I finally got around making a Steam account. A friend's been bugging me to do that for a while now.
Anyway, we played Alien Swarm recently and I have to admit the game is fun. With 4 people co-op it's quite entertaining. We were in the same room and a bit drunk, though. Was still fun. IDK if it's equally fun when playing over the internet with other people, but having a direct voice link is a must. There is not really much time to type.

Oh yeah, it's a top down shooter with aliens.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Silentknight72

What's this steam thing? (sorry, not american, just in a poor country...)
Sigs: ShowHide

Blizzard

I'm not American either. In fact, I'm in a poor country myself.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

Steam is, I think, Valve's personal online game distributor thingy. People make accounts and buy games to play wherever they can access Steam. Also there's a few free games, like Alien Swarm.

That said, I don't have a Steam account myself.

tSwitch

July 25, 2010, 10:39:02 am #4 Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:40:44 am by NAMKCOR
Steam is an online games storage system/market.
You make an account, buy games through it, and then have access to them (downloading them) at any computer you want as long as you log in.

It's a form of DRM, but with community features (Friends list, groups, group servers, etc...) and it's GOOD DRM (I can't believe I said that) because it allows you to install the games wherever the fuck you want, as long as you're logged in.

Oh yeah, there's also tons of indie games, and games are also mostly cheaper there because you're not paying for packaging, store space, the disks, publisher logos everywhere, location in the store, etc...  And it's convenient to have them available for download 24/7, wherever you are :D

Also Alien Swarm is awesome.
Blizz Add me.
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/NAMKCOR

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

I'm probably not going to play a lot, but ok. xD

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr