New DMCA rules

Started by Blizzard, July 27, 2010, 03:29:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Blizzard on July 27, 2010, 03:29:04 pm
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/drm-dmca-jailbreaking-unlocking-iphone,10944.html

It is now legal to crack your PC Games and to jailbreak your iDevices. :3

Yes! This is exciting news. Now I just have to wait for someone to jailbreak iOS 4.0 for the 3GS with the new bootrom. The previous owner I bought the phone from was kind enough to upgrade it for me, leaving it, for the time being, unjailbreakable.

Blizzard

As far as I know iOS 4 was already jailbroken. O_o I could be wrong, though.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Blizzard on July 27, 2010, 05:17:03 pm
As far as I know iOS 4 was already jailbroken. O_o I could be wrong, though.

The iOS 4 itself was jailbroken, but due to a change Apple made in order to prevent jailbreaking on newer devices, the iPhone 3GS must have been previously jailbroken in order to update to the jailbroken iOS 4. If you're on the official iOS 4 like I am, you're screwed until a new jailbreak is released.

tSwitch

The cracking games thing is in regards to safety regarding invasive and destructive DRM practices, I think.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

August 13, 2010, 02:28:26 am #5 Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:33:00 am by Blizzard
I know that.

Often when I find an app and I want to try it out first before buying, I notice that there is no demo. So I get a cracked version, try it out and if I like it, I buy the real thing. 90% of the apps I have are actually bought or free apps. I did it because they had a reasonable price. There's no point in bothering to find, download and installing it manually when it costs $1. A coke in a pub costs more. xD