CP on the move!

Started by Blizzard, January 07, 2008, 06:48:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 07, 2008, 06:48:35 pm Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 06:50:40 pm by Blizzard
I ask every member here to post their old topics at this new forum and help me out with moving. It is you who make the forum what it is. :)

The old forum URL is http://z3.invisionfree.com/ChaosProject/index.php?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

It's... 5am... I am... tired... I'm going to sleep now and will move my scripts, Tech4X and some other stuff tomorrow. I really can't keep my eyes open anymore. Hope you guys can move your stuff over here until then. :)

'night!

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

I slept at 4-30. Darn! I missed the move! well, not quite :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

I missed it a lot longer :P but doesn't really matter

nouman6

Why didn't you use a converter?

Blizzard

Because I can't get the post data from IF.

nouman6

oh ;-;

well I don't know how the system works, but in case you haven't seen these I would take a look:
http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?converters

but again, I am not educated with invision free.

Blizzard

I already did. IF doesn't give me any access to the SQL database, so there's no way that I can get the posting data out of it. =/

SeeYouAlways

Awesome! The first thing I'll enjoy in this move is the direct downloads (not having to use Savefile), and that this forum looks much cleaner (no ads). Congratulations on the move! Hope it all goes well.

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Blizzard

Lol, I WILL add ads again. But this time I'll at least get some money from the ads unlike when I was with IF. >_>

Fantasist

Blizzard

It would be a shame if I didn't. If the ads earn enough money to pay the hosting, the members can keep having a better forum. The more members come, the better it can get. i.e. for more money I can get maybe more disk space and therefore simply start hosting other people's scripts/games/stuff. :)

Fantasist

How much space do we have now?

Blizzard

January 10, 2008, 11:41:14 am #14 Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 11:43:24 am by Blizzard
5GB. Not much, but at least I can be sure that the uptime will be 99,9% and the connection fast. And it's not like that I need much more.

Oculus Octopus

It's a shame you can't get the posting data, it seems like a lot of things will be lost, or their original poster will be inactive (or possibly just too lazy to re-post).

Just a question (err..make that a few questions), what are you going to do about all the posts that don't get moved over here by their original posters? Are you just going to leave them, or end up posting them yourself (I generally mean the posts that would be valuable to users - guides, tutorials, whatever)? And what about all the replies to posts (that may also contain some sort of valuable material/information), even the ones that do get moved here?

I'm not sure how many inactive users there was on your old forum, but I doubt everyone who made a post is still active. It almost seems as though you should recruit someone to dig through the old forum and pull out all the valuable posts and re-post them here (if the original poster doesn't re-post after some time) and you could just add something like "Original post by (Username)." so nobody will have a temper tantrum if someone re-posted their post. 8)

Blizzard

I will do that (I mean I will repost their stuff), but not now, later. It really would be a shame to lose all of it. =/ I'll make a couple of people mods at the lod forum, so they can help me. :)

Oculus Octopus

That's a lot of work, good luck! :D

Nortos

so Blizz got anything from Ads yet?

Blizzard

A little bit, yeah. But only views, no clicks. When I get 1000 pages views, I get like less than 1 cent. For a click though I can get up to a dollar and more, depends. Usually it's like 30 centes or something like that. And I am not allowed to tell people to click the links so I get money. Also, if somebody clicks a link many times in a row, they can block me, since this is pointing pretty much to abuse.