The Video Game Nostalgia Thread

Started by Kett Shee, July 29, 2010, 01:46:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I played R-Type for the SNES as well, but only on an emulator. I admit that the game is just too hard. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

March 01, 2014, 02:32:01 am #121 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:42:59 am by gameus
So I drove by a yard sale and their son had just moved out and they were selling a lot of his video game stuff. I only wish I had more money, he had some good stuff there. But I did manage to pick up some amazing things.

1. Majora's Mask - Holographic Sticker
2. Ape Escape (Greatest Hits Label)
3. Chrono Cross (Black Label)
4. Beyond the Beyond (Black Label)
5. Gameshark Adapter for the PSOne (an actual cartridge that plugs into the back of the PS, built in cheats and also lets you play imports and backups)

Here's some pics for you guys. What amazes me even more is the manuals for the PS games are still there, I only wish the case for Majora's Mask had been there. Oh by the way, did I mention I only picked this stuff up for a measly $20? Also, don't be fooled by the 12 dollar sticker on Ape Escape, I guess he had previously got it from a pawnshop, the lady sold it to me for 2 dollars.

Warning, very high-res photos:
http://imgur.com/a/eFeAl

I remember playing all of these games as a kid (aside from the gameshark thing, never even seen one but it works well) and picking these up for such a great price is astonishing.

EDIT: Not really nostalgia, but I picked up a Wii from them for 25 bucks. Had two wiimotes, two nunchuks and a classic controller. Also had Super Mario Galaxy in there, already modded and loaded with Project M, been dying to try it.

WhiteRose

You got a holographic Majora's Mask and a black label Chrono Cross!? D: You hit the jackpot.

G_G

I know right? Also had all three Syphon Filters, Metal Gear Solid, GTA I and II, FF 8 and 9, Frogger, and Silent Hill. His N64 box made me drool and I wanted to buy the lot. Had Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, that adapter gamepak transfer thing (for pokemon), Super Mario 64, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 64, Star Fox 64, Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie (and Tooie), and this weird dust cleaning cartridge. God, I wish I had like 50 more bucks to go blow on this garage sale.

WhiteRose

Quote from: gameus on March 01, 2014, 02:52:05 am
I know right? Also had all three Syphon Filters, Metal Gear Solid, GTA I and II, FF 8 and 9, Frogger, and Silent Hill. His N64 box made me drool and I wanted to buy the lot. Had Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, that adapter gamepak transfer thing (for pokemon), Super Mario 64, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 64, Star Fox 64, Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie (and Tooie), and this weird dust cleaning cartridge. God, I wish I had like 50 more bucks to go blow on this garage sale.

D:

D:

D:

Zexion

Wow Gameus, I'm beyond jealous, but I also feel bad that you couldn't get it all D: such a good deal! I wonder if that guy will be mad to know that his parents sold his stuff or if he didn't care anymore

Blizzard

I still have my old Pokemon Stadium 1 and Transfer Pak back home.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Oh man, that's awesome. The only reason I didn't get them is because I don't have a GB console to play any of the GB Pokemon games, thus the transfer pak would be useless to me (especially since I don't own any of the GB games) which makes Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 get boring after a bit playing with stock pokemon.

Blizzard

This is exactly the reason why I bought a Blue Version later. I realized that there's no way to beat Stadium Level 2 without your own Pokemon. The stock ones just won't do.

Holyrapid

Not as nostalgic but i did pick up the 1.5 HD remix for KH yesterday... If i don't beat Riku tomorrow in the race to name the raft, i'm just gonna move on... I think i've only once beaten him in it... BTW, does anyone know if beating him and getting to name the raft affects the name of the default Gummi Ship. I can't remember...

G_G

Beating him does affect the name of the ship, it'll just be named Highwind if you lose, but if you win, well you get to keep your name but nothing else special happens. He just says something like "It's just a race" along those lines anyways (it's been awhile).

Holyrapid

If i can, i would like to name the ship TARDIS :P

R.A.V.S.O

I managed to find SaGa Frontier on a yard sale about a week ago, (box and manual included)
can't wait to get to Genocide Heart again,
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

WhiteRose

I need to start going to more yard sales....

Spoofus

You can be amazed at what games you can find at yard sales. Including going to a flea market or even a pawn shop, I have gotten some older games that way, and they were in surprisingly good shape too.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

G_G

I hate pawn shops. Well most anyways when it comes to video games because they do price lookups and get as much as I can. I remember seeing a really worn copy of Smash Bros 64 (the casing was really beat up and hard marker all over it) they were asking for 45 dollars.

Zexion

Craigslist is also pretty good for games. When I was shopping around for XL, I found a lady in my area selling them for $125 new in the box. I'm not sure how she would get them though, because she told me "I'm all out until next thursday." (Probably stolen 3dsxls, but IDC lol.) Either way, I ended up buying it at wallmart because anxious

G_G

Picked up some more stuff, this time from eBay however.

Total Cost: $127

I can't wait until everything gets here. Gonna play through Blue all the way and then do some transferring to Pokemon Stadium. My next target will be Pokemon Stadium 2, another gameboy, and a link cable.

Blizzard

G_G

I HIT THE JACKPOT GUYS.

Total Cost: $150~

Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen. I got each of this games for 20 bucks each, only spent 100 dollars. Most of these games for for 30+ bucks too. Figured since I scored this, I might as well pickup another GBA and a link cable. Anyone up for a lan party? :3