Zombie event sys for Blizz

Started by danieleveld, July 30, 2010, 01:43:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

danieleveld

Simplest way to explain this- I'm looking for a way in Blizz ABS to have one alignment event touch an event from another alignment and cause that event to change alignment, then they both go their desperate ways or look for more events. Think of it as sort of a zombie attack-
  I already figured out to make an enemy that does not have an attack but rather a contact skill that triggers a common event. I can get the attacking event to disappear using a dummy tileset whilst I change the victim tileset to one of it being attacked by the 'zombie', but after that I run into problems- they keep cycling through the attack or disappearing randomly, or the main char stops moving randomly, etc. I also cannot for the life of me figure out how to cause an event to change alignment in game.

danieleveld

I will add that this is not really for a zombie attack, rather I am trying to build an in-game ecosystem. Any other suggestions for Blizz ABS would be great!   ---now that I think on it, a zombie attack game would be pretty sweet.

Jek

Two things.
A: dont double post. Every forum ive ever been to has an edit post button.

B: I like your idea for the system. Im pretty sure the script allows you to change what monster an event is. Check the help file.

SBR*

Quote from: danieleveld on July 30, 2010, 01:45:28 am
I will add that this is not really for a zombie attack, rather I am trying to build an in-game ecosystem. Any other suggestions for Blizz ABS would be great!   ---now that I think on it, a zombie attack game would be pretty sweet.

If I may ask: What exactly do you need that for, if you're making an in-game ecosystem? I can't think of any situation where one animal touches another and makes it belong to his group... Only tell if you want to reveal it, of course :P.

G_G

For example, vampires bite someone, they turn to vampires. It actually could turn to something serious.

Weak Zombie turns dog into Weak Zombie.
Then a Giant Zombie can turn any Weak zombie into a Giant Zombie.
THen its just harder for you to fight them.

Blizzard

Quote from: Darth Gir on July 30, 2010, 10:21:26 am
For example, vampires bite someone, they turn to vampires. It actually could turn to something serious.

Sorry, I don't believe in Twilight.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I wasnt referring to twilight xD It was just an example, and I was more referring to oblivion then anything else :P

Blizzard

I know you weren't. I just wanted to point out the similarity that Twilight could turn into something serious. No way it could. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

xD And I guess I shoulda rephrased it some, I meant it could turn into something more serious as in this
Weak Zombie turns dog into Weak Zombie.
Then a Giant Zombie can turn any Weak zombie into a Giant Zombie.
THen its just harder for you to fight them.

And I agree xD

danieleveld

sorry for the double post- I figured it belonged here rather then there- I'll take it down. I looked all through the help file included in 2.79 -seriously line by line. There is a command in the script refs that seems like what I want but I can't get it to work.
     I like Gir's idea- I may implement something like that into a future game

To answer a question- the idea is to have an active ecosystem, and a player class that is 'scavanging necromancer' who raises dead creatures or enthralls near dead creatures.

The Niche

*Looks at last sentence*
*Calls up G_G to ask for soul back*
*Gets rejected but signs soul away to danieleveld anyway*

I'm not sure how to help you though. My solution would be to make two events, one in the original alignment group and one in another. Whenever the x and y of whatever's changing the event is equal to the x and y of any of the four/eight squares around the event, swap the position of the two events. This'd take a lot of effort and it'd be very difficult to do on any large scale, but it should get you by until someone creates a better version.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!