MMO- beta testers recruiting [free gift given]

Started by storm020, July 30, 2010, 01:54:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

storm020

The long awaited MMO is coming to a finish in the next month. Beta testing will then need to begin the second it's finished. We've already got quite a list of testers but I'd like more those are experienced with rpg maker xp as they'll know more for what they are looking for than the obvious pop up script errors that may appear.

Things to remember:

* If errors are found they must be printscreened and a written explanation of what the error is and how they found it must be written and email straight to me (contact details will be open soon)

* At one point testers will be asked to perform certain tasks such as fight another player in a certain place, do certain actions to make sure certain things work. These must be carried out as ask.

* Beta testers will also get given an exclusive in game shirt that won't ever be available ever again. This is just a thank you to all testers.

This is a commercial game and we have paid staff on site. We'd like all beta testers to understand that they can have loads of fun but must remember their duty.

Please tell me below if you'd like to join the beta testing and the credit list.

cyclope

I would like to join beta testing, what is the credit list?
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

Shalaren

Delusian

it's storm020 here, blizz kindly sorted out my old account.

Quote from: Darth One-eye on July 30, 2010, 02:05:36 pm
I would like to join beta testing, what is the credit list?

the credit list, is a list that has all the names of the staff members that help build the game and we're also including the beta tester.

Both of you are welcomed into the beta and I'm going to inbox you on a further step so you'll know when the beta is coming and how to access it.

lonely_cubone

I'll join, although you never actually said what game this was for :P
Still, I might as well test it out, I'm reasonably good at finding bugs.

SBR*

I'm wondering: do the beta testers get a free account? I'm asking this, since it's very nice to have an in-game shirt and all, but if we can't play it without paying, we probably can't enjoy this awesome shirt... :P

Spaceman McConaughey

So, you have a commercial MMO, and have not even given a link to your site where players will purchase in the future?

Sheeeeeesh, talk about not planning ahead. :V:

But yeah, I would not beta test this if I am not getting a free account. I am not helping you earn money just so I can get a piece of pixels to wear on my character only. I expect to have a free account, no expiration, at all.

So, yes. I will be a beta tester, only on that condition.

lonely_cubone

Actually, I never thought of that. I'm with Skywalker and Fondler on this one, I'll beta test if I get a free account.

Delusian

Quote from: Darth Fondler on July 31, 2010, 10:37:25 am

Actually the website isn't complete and sending the link as it is would lead to any web designer smacking their head into pieces if frustration at the layout.

When the new site comes, they'll be links everywhere.

As for the free accounts thing. Beta testers are all getting the same offer. A free ingame shirt and a free account on one term. They must have at least 3 friends join saying they were invited by the beta tester (don't invite them to the beta, but for the actual games release). This option has always been a plan but it can't go ahead until the sites up anyway.
All beta testers will get 100% free access to the game in the beta. Once the beta is over they will get 3 hours free until they have 3 friends join. Then once they have joined they'll receive a code to enter and it'll unlock the game forever.
The idea of course is you start talking to them when beta starts. Once beta is complete you invite them to play and tell them to remember to say you were recommended by your ingame username.

The recommendation button will appear on the website so you don't have to worry about them having to hassle through emailing me saying they were recommended.

Spaceman McConaughey

FYI, that "no website" thing was a joke.

So, what happens if my three friends do not register for the MMO? I think your answer depends on any smart person beta testing, bud.

G_G

Anyone wondering, his sites here http://valhira.com/

I might be a beta tester. Maybe not though. Hmm, what do you guys think. To test or not to test, that is the question.

Spaceman McConaughey

Kett Shee

I would love to test the crap out of this thing, but I have that damned satellite connection. So, a no go for me.  :'(
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Valdred

July 31, 2010, 12:30:57 pm #13 Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:32:50 pm by Darth u-just-got-pwned
I can try, but here's the deal:
- I get it for free as long as you want me to have it. You decide
- I play for fun, and tell my opinions on improvement and glitches.
- You do not rush me or obligate me to do anything, I play when I feel like it.

Ok?

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Darth Gir on July 31, 2010, 12:19:26 pm
Anyone wondering, his sites here http://valhira.com/

Putting your websites email adress as your login is obviously the best way to hide your website from us.

Valdred

Shalaren

so wait let me get this right, the 3 people I will invite, do they have to buy account just so i get a free account? o-o

Spaceman McConaughey

Valdred

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Darth u-just-got-pwned on July 31, 2010, 12:53:26 pm
And the price, I would guess.

Most website packages come with email adresses nowadays. It's not expensive at all.

SBR*

Quote from: Delusian on July 31, 2010, 12:06:02 pm
Quote from: Darth Fondler on July 31, 2010, 10:37:25 am

Actually the website isn't complete and sending the link as it is would lead to any web designer smacking their head into pieces if frustration at the layout.

When the new site comes, they'll be links everywhere.

As for the free accounts thing. Beta testers are all getting the same offer. A free ingame shirt and a free account on one term. They must have at least 3 friends join saying they were invited by the beta tester (don't invite them to the beta, but for the actual games release). This option has always been a plan but it can't go ahead until the sites up anyway.
All beta testers will get 100% free access to the game in the beta. Once the beta is over they will get 3 hours free until they have 3 friends join. Then once they have joined they'll receive a code to enter and it'll unlock the game forever.
The idea of course is you start talking to them when beta starts. Once beta is complete you invite them to play and tell them to remember to say you were recommended by your ingame username.

The recommendation button will appear on the website so you don't have to worry about them having to hassle through emailing me saying they were recommended.

I and all my friends never pay to play online games, unless it is a one-time payment, like GW. So this way, it's a no-deal...

Blizzard

July 31, 2010, 03:20:53 pm #21 Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:22:37 pm by Blizzard
FYI, I have a boris(dot)blizzard(at)chaos-project(dot)com address. xD

@Delusian: I think the offer for a lifetime free account doesn't seem unreasonable. You will surely get a good amount of beta testers for your game and you don't have to accept everybody after all. Compared to the number of actual players later on, the beta testers won't probably be much of a loss (in money).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

July 31, 2010, 04:19:58 pm #22 Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 04:36:42 pm by Darth Pretzlar
Can I betatest too? I helped beta-test asheron's call (an old MMO from at least 10 years ago). I found a few bugs in it.

lonely_cubone

Does beta testing include grammar checking? Because if the game is like the website, there will be a lot of grammar errors, and frankly, you would lose a lot of customers if they couldn't understand what you were trying to say :P

Delusian

Quote from: Darth Walrus on July 31, 2010, 07:29:46 pm
Does beta testing include grammar checking? Because if the game is like the website, there will be a lot of grammar errors

yea the website was quickly put up over night. It's being completely redone. The website host isn't great. If you wish to edit any text it completely messes everything up in your code. Hence buttons moving all over the place, text going way to long without scrollers and stupid squares appearing in the middle of text?

Beta testers

The game isn't a one off payment but is very cheap. Beta testers will be able to play for free once the game is released.

Testers will be expected to test the game thoroughly and when requested to do something, such as battle another character, they will be expected to do it.

When your testing the game I'd also love to hear good points, what you want to see more of, a way to improve and such. This will be great in making the game better, more exciting and all around better!

I still want all the testers to enjoy themselves and have fun wondering around and such. So feel free to email me (email is below)

I'd still appreciate beta testers recommending to their friends. It's not much to ask, it'll give us slight advertisement and after all, you don't have to pay to play.

Beta testers will also get a free ingame T-shirt to show others they were beta testers.

Testers are also going to have a straight advantage in game because they would have been playing it before hand anyway and could get levels above starting players.

Keep the convo going on here because it's great to have feedback in any way shape or form.

But beta testers that agree to that please email me at alexjayshow@hotmail.com so that I can send you a link to where you have to go next.

ShadowPierce

->
Quote from: Delusian on August 01, 2010, 05:05:11 am
When your testing the game I'd also love to hear good points, what you want to see more of, a way to improve and such. This will be great in making the game better, more exciting and all around better!

I still want all the testers to enjoy themselves and have fun wondering around and such. So feel free to email me (email is below)

->I'm not really interested in the free lifetime access & shirt. I'd rather see a good game everyone enjoys to play. I'd help in betatesting but don't expect me to be online all the time (since I still have school). I specialize in map critique, grammar & spelling (I've posted some errors I spotted in your last post as an example) and, skill development. You can always contact me through here or through my email: giogsgs12@gmail.com

My only condition is to have my project advertised in your game for at least 3 months (a small advertisement would do) as soon as my project's finished.

Hope we have an agreement of terms!!! :haha:

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Shalaren

im still confused! X:
the 3 people who I invite, do they have to buy an account to unlock mine? o-o

SBR*

Quote from: shalaren metropolis on August 01, 2010, 10:59:49 am
im still confused! X:

This:

Quote from: Delusian on August 01, 2010, 05:05:11 am
The game isn't a one off payment but is very cheap. Beta testers will be able to play for free once the game is released.

I guess that means 'no'...

Delusian

Quote from: shalaren metropolis on August 01, 2010, 10:59:49 am
im still confused! X:

Testers don't have to invite 3 people to play. I would still really appreciate it, as they are getting a lot for only testing a game.

We've already had a lot of beta testers email me but all testers still interested email me at:

alexjayshow@hotmail.com

Beta testers will stop being accepted after the 7th.

Shalaren

Alright, umm and since I'm already in the group, I'm figuring out that I don't need to email you?
And umm, I checked the site out and X: and I find the design way to simple
Especially the logo, so if you think so too, just to let you know I'm really good with designing websites
And I'd be more then glad to help.