another help for ocarina of time lol

Started by punk_Blood, August 01, 2010, 06:25:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

punk_Blood

is there anyway that i can have a system like the giant's knife? like you use it once and the thing breaks?
i am using blizz-abs btw
just because im dead doesnt mean that i cant be alive

WhiteRose

Quote from: punk_Blood on August 01, 2010, 06:25:25 pm
is there anyway that i can have a system like the giant's knife? like you use it once and the thing breaks?
i am using blizz-abs btw

I don't think that would be particularly difficult; a simple script should do the trick.

KRoP

You should be able to do it without a script, actually.

Set a combo for the weapon/item/armor.  In the combo, use the Change Equipment command and set the player's weapon to none.  Then remove the weapon from the player's inventory.  I haven't played ocarina of time, though, so if there's something I'm missing or you have a question about it, let me know. o:

Spaceman McConaughey

To make it more accurate, set it to a broken version of it.

punk_Blood

like what do you mean by that? how would i get about doing it? attacking an enemy, still doing damage, but losing the sword in the process... or rather change graphic after used to a broken version then not letting me use it

i cant figure it out...
just because im dead doesnt mean that i cant be alive

SBR*

Quote from: punk_Blood on August 01, 2010, 11:27:32 pm
like what do you mean by that? how would i get about doing it? attacking an enemy, still doing damage, but losing the sword in the process... or rather change graphic after used to a broken version then not letting me use it

i cant figure it out...

As far as I remember, you can use it like 100 times, right? Or is that only with the Razor of MM? Well, if you can use it an X amount of times, make this common event:

Common Event: ShowHide

>>Parallel process: Switch[0] #The switch that is always ON
@>Conditional Branch: Player Equipped [Giant's Knife]
  @>Conditional Branch: Script: Input.trigger?(KEY) #Replace KEY with the KEY in the BlizzABS config, I don't know what the modules and the constant are called :P
    @>Variable[0] += 1 #Variable[X]
    @>Conditional Branch: Variable[X] == Y #Variable[X]; Replace Y with the number of times it can be used
      @>Remove item: Giant's Knife, 1
      @>Add item: Broken Giant's Knife, 1
      :
    end
    :
  end
:
end

WhiteRose

Quote from: SBR* on August 02, 2010, 05:48:16 am

i cant figure it out...

As far as I remember, you can use it like 100 times, right? Or is that only with the Razor of MM? Well, if you can use it an X amount of times, make this common event:

Common Event: ShowHide

>>Parallel process: Switch[0] #The switch that is always ON
@>Conditional Branch: Player Equipped [Giant's Knife]
  @>Conditional Branch: Script: Input.trigger?(KEY) #Replace KEY with the KEY in the BlizzABS config, I don't know what the modules and the constant are called :P
    @>Variable[0] += 1 #Variable[X]
    @>Conditional Branch: Variable[X] == Y #Variable[X]; Replace Y with the number of times it can be used
      @>Remove item: Giant's Knife, 1
      @>Add item: Broken Giant's Knife, 1
      :
    end
    :
  end
:
end

The problem with that is that it would count the swing even if you didn't hit anything, which isn't how the giant's knife works - you have to hit something for it to count.

Spaceman McConaughey

i cant figure it out...

From what I remember, you can still kill stuff with a broken Giant's Knife; it's just a pain in the ass to use.

SBR*

Quote from: Branden on August 02, 2010, 01:05:08 pm

i cant figure it out...

From what I remember, you can still kill stuff with a broken Giant's Knife; it's just a pain in the ass to use.

Hmmmm, could be? But how strong is it then? 1? (I think 1 Is the common term used for the Kokori Sword's damage)

Blizzard

Kokiri Sword does 2 damage actually. Depending on the enemy, you will need to hit him four times with a specific item while the Master Sword takes one which is twice as strong as Kokiri Sword.

Also, one Heart equals 8 HP. It's been like that since Zelda 3 as far as I know and maybe even earlier. A 20 Heart container equals 160 in actual value. You might notice that actually working the same way if you consider that in Ocarina of Time you can get a quarter of a Heart damage and that there is a blessing from a Fairy Queen that halves damage. You really need 2 hits then to lose a quarter of a Heart. I just had no idea until recently that this type of counting health has been used since A Link to the Past.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

SBR*

Quote from: Blizzard on August 02, 2010, 02:18:53 pm
Kokiri Sword does 2 damage actually. Depending on the enemy, you will need to hit him four times with a specific item while the Master Sword takes one which is twice as strong as Kokiri Sword.

Also, one Heart equals 8 HP. It's been like that since Zelda 3 as far as I know and maybe even earlier. A 20 Heart container equals 160 in actual value. You might notice that actually working the same way if you consider that in Ocarina of Time you can get a quarter of a Heart damage and that there is a blessing from a Fairy Queen that halves damage. You really need 2 hits then to lose a quarter of a Heart. I just had no idea until recently that this type of counting health has been used since A Link to the Past.

Yeah, you're right! (Of course you are O.o) I haven't played OoT for too long... Luckily, there's going to be an OoT for the 3DS :P!