[XP] Advanced Time and Environment System

Started by fugibo, March 09, 2008, 11:08:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

May 05, 2009, 04:33:21 am #80 Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 04:35:47 am by Blizzard
Lol, I think you messed up. It should be "def draw" there.

EDIT: Or I did. #_# Fixed.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Mightylink

Thanks for puttin in the extra work, its perfect now, I only got 1 question, is there a way to turn overlighting on and off through an event? I got my own season system and i dont want overlighting to happen during winter.

Blizzard

Actually ATES was supposed to be a system that can handle seasons so they would be season controlled. No, there is no way to turn it off now.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Mightylink

still working on it then :P sounds awesome

Blizzard

Actually WcW was supposed to finish it. ._.;

Mightylink

Oh well, I got a pretty good evented system going, I just need a way to run a common event every day.

Valcos

May 11, 2009, 11:13:53 pm #86 Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:35:09 pm by Valcos
Well... think someone should finish it :^_^':. Its a good system, just want those cool features :naughty:

Edit: Just realized... theres no weather in this. I thought that was updated already -_-"
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

Darok

Does it works with your StormTronics CMS - Hybrid Edition? Becouse with my ex-CMS does not. (Im talking about showing the date in menu)

Blizzard

This system does not have a calender subsystem added yet.

fugibo

...I really, really need to get something done for this.

But note that my version will be named Hyperion, not ATES (too close to something you'd find in FF).

Valcos

Hyperion ATES? And looking for to a update  :<_<:
-Oscar De La Hoya

fugibo

Hyperion = Greek father of the Sun and Moon, IIRC. Seems fitting for a system dedicated totally to Day/Night/Time effects.

Valcos

So, im guessing you are going to put in any weather effects? :huh:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

Even though Chronos would suit better because it's supposed to be a complete time system with calender and stuff. :/

fugibo

Quote from: Blizzard on May 18, 2009, 04:59:00 am
Even though Chronos would suit better because it's supposed to be a complete time system with calender and stuff. :/

I'm not entirely sure his role dealt that much with time.

Blizzard

May 19, 2009, 04:41:32 am #96 Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 04:59:34 am by Blizzard
Tempus/Tempos maybe? I still like ATES better because most people don't know Greek or Roman mythology. "Name a system after what's it doing." I always hated bullshit names like "Blitz". I mean WTF. WTF is an "Blitz"?! Sure, it sounds nice, but you have absolutely no idea what it does. Or "Advanced Files". What files? There are many files in RMXP. Maybe character graphics? What's advanced about them? Or what about "Map Auto-Setup"? WTF does one need that for? Is it supposed to substitute a parallel process at the beginning of the map (which is dumb)? Or is it supposed to do something else. (Ok this last example is more an example of dumb scripts than dumb names, but my point remains valid.)

fugibo

What WOULD Blitz do? How would lightning involve RMXP? 0_O

Blizzard

I have no idea. And I honestly don't wanna know.

legacyblade

I agree with the script name thing. Like Blitz? WTF...

Though I did think the same thing when I saw the script name "DREAM" (until I looked at what the abbreviation meant). I think if you're going to use a greek god for the title, you should use Cronos (or whatever the real spelling of that name is). Most people are familiar with that name, but the other name? I had never heard of him.