Item Screen Stays. (Resolved)

Started by Infinity8, August 05, 2010, 04:17:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Infinity8

August 05, 2010, 04:17:36 pm Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 04:29:01 pm by Infinity8
Okay, first things first, I'm using RPG Maker XP and with the additional scripts:

Blizz ABS
Ryex's Collapsing CMS
Tons of Addons
Universal Message System

(not in that order)

Anyway the bug is that the Item window does not dissapear for a while if I use an item that links to a common event that adds a skill.

What happens is this:
I use the Item (in this case called spellbook) that activates a common event and is used up (as it is consumable). This common event then displays a message (You learnt Magic Missile!) and then uses the change skills to add magic missile. The Item menu however then does not go away, but rather sits there I can run around, but the item menu stays on the screen like a picture. After a while (i'm not sure what the trigger is, but it seesm to be if I open the item screen then exit again) the old item screen disappears and the game runs normally again.

any help would be most appreciated, im very confuseded :(

Infinity8

Sorry, after a bit more testing I have kinda fixed it. I didnt set a target for the item, by making it (the user) as the target it seems to have removed the problem. Still though, its an odd bug...

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.